Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Anime, Manga & More
Who the H*** do you think I am? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Character? ~
Kamina
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Simon (Is it just me or are even the names perverted?)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Yoko
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Ron
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Viral! (The sexiest beastman!)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Rossiu
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kittan
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Boota
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Character not mentioned
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

CalypsoFate

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:39 pm
Gurren Lagann

Who doesn't love a series with hot practically shirtless men in giant robots and well endowed girls in bikini's all the time?

...'Nuff said.

Viral and Yoko were always my favorites. I hated Nia too, for no reason other than she is really really annoying.
I watched the first episode on Ani-Mondays (back when SciFi was actually kinda cool) and was hooked. I mean hot almost naked men and women in robots. It was love at first sight.
I watched the entire first season with one of my friends and she pointed out to me that almost everything could be construed as sexual- from the names to the weapons. I had to admit she had a point... Especially in the un-aired episode (an episode so bad that they couldn't show it on TV...)

I finished Gurren Lagann almost exactly two years ago, and I have decided to re-watch it because there are a lot of things I can't remember.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
(Is it just me or do they look kinda scary in this one?)
User Image
User Image
(From the unaired episode XD)
User Image
User Image
(My favorite outfit of Yoko's.)
User Image
(SEXY!)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:49 pm
I dont know of this series, so how would you describe it?

funny, sad scary etc, tell me more?  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

CalypsoFate

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:01 pm
Sagebomb
I dont know of this series, so how would you describe it?

funny, sad scary etc, tell me more?

It is action packed, a little perverted, and very much a man's show.
It follows Simon, Kamina, and Yoko as they try to make it in a world were humans are killed if they venture to the surface.
It really is a wonderful show, but if you don't like perverted jokes and almost constant fighting, you will not like it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:09 pm
CalypsoFate

It is action packed, a little perverted, and very much a man's show.
It follows Simon, Kamina, and Yoko as they try to make it in a world were humans are killed if they venture to the surface.
It really is a wonderful show, but if you don't like perverted jokes and almost constant fighting, you will not like it.

I do like my ecchi :blush: but I dont really enjoy fighting...that being said my fave anime right now is a fighting based one...so yeah depends.

I.e I love fairy tail and just wish they could release it faster (I get them a day or two after they come out in japan).

What is the fighting like?  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

CalypsoFate

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:21 pm
Sagebomb

I do like my ecchi :blush: but I dont really enjoy fighting...that being said my fave anime right now is a fighting based one...so yeah depends.

I.e I love fairy tail and just wish they could release it faster (I get them a day or two after they come out in japan).

What is the fighting like?

There is a bit too much talking in the fighting for my tastes, but that is most animes.
It is pretty good otherwise. The styles of each character are varied, so every fight isn't the same, which I love.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:28 pm
i think i watched the first 2 episodes.. maybe 3. i really liked it from what i watched. and i've been meaning to watch the rest.
:D hey! i actually could now that i'm on vacation. i think i might do that sometime soon.

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

CalypsoFate

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:59 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
i think i watched the first 2 episodes.. maybe 3. i really liked it from what i watched. and i've been meaning to watch the rest.
:D hey! i actually could now that i'm on vacation. i think i might do that sometime soon.

You should. It only gets better. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:00 pm
CalypsoFate

You should. It only gets better. smile

oh, i totally am. i have 3 months of doing nothing and watching anime is definitely on my list and this show is on that list. ^^

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

CalypsoFate

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:03 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

oh, i totally am. i have 3 months of doing nothing and watching anime is definitely on my list and this show is on that list. ^^

Oh I know how you feel. Hooray for summer!
If you need any more suggestions I would be happy to tell you a few other animes I really enjoy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:04 pm
CalypsoFate
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Oh I know how you feel. Hooray for summer!
If you need any more suggestions I would be happy to tell you a few other animes I really enjoy.

do tell. :3
(even though i shouldn't be adding more anime to my list of anime because i still have to finish a lot... most of them i haven't even started. x.x)

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

CalypsoFate

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:07 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

(even though i shouldn't be adding more anime to my list of anime because i still have to finish a lot... most of them i haven't even started. x.x)

Well here is a website that I have put most of the animes I have watched and rated them. Claymore, Air Master, and Rin: Daughters Of Mnemosyne are the ones I recommend most highly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:11 pm
CalypsoFate

Claymore is something i definitely want to watch.
Air Master, i've seen stuff for here and there.
and i don't think i ever heard of Rin. *looks up* o.o that looks really good. the drawings are really nice.
thank you for the suggestions :3

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

CalypsoFate

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:14 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Claymore is something i definitely want to watch.
Air Master, i've seen stuff for here and there.
and i don't think i ever heard of Rin. *looks up* o.o that looks really good. the drawings are really nice.
thank you for the suggestions :3

Rin is by far my favorite right now.
You are very welcome. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:03 pm
Tengen Toppa is pretty much my favorite anime, of all time. And the movies are incredible. The first and fourth picture you posted I actually own (one as a wall scroll and the other as a poster thingy) Gainax did some awesome s**t, and Tengen Toppa was pretty much the best. Pretty sure I'm on my 6th-ish run through of the show (with the boyfriend). Inspiring for many reasons. Kittan is the man, and Goldie actually commissioned a picture of him for me at Otakon a couple years back. Also, after the second or third time through I really started liking Nia, from not liking her so much before. /end rant

Only read Claymore (wtf is going on anyway?) and Mnemosyne...oh you. Not for everyone, but good s**t.

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:42 pm
Ginhi~kun
Tengen Toppa is pretty much my favorite anime, of all time. And the movies are incredible. The first and fourth picture you posted I actually own (one as a wall scroll and the other as a poster thingy) Gainax did some awesome s**t, and Tengen Toppa was pretty much the best. Pretty sure I'm on my 6th-ish run through of the show (with the boyfriend). Inspiring for many reasons. Kittan is the man, and Goldie actually commissioned a picture of him for me at Otakon a couple years back. Also, after the second or third time through I really started liking Nia, from not liking her so much before. /end rant

Only read Claymore (wtf is going on anyway?) and Mnemosyne...oh you. Not for everyone, but good s**t.

What are the odds that I'll finally be able to see those two movies I got you when you see me at Otakon?  
Anime, Manga & More

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff