Welcome to Gaia! ::

Depthless Imagination

Back to Guilds

semi-literate minimum roleplay and forum discussions (anime, literature, videogames, art, etc.) Looking for role players and ideas!! 

Tags: role play, fantasy, sci-fi, anime, vampire 

Reply Gaming (Video, Table Top, Card, Board, Etc.) Discussion Forum
Phantom Crash

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Byakko Yasutsuki
Vice Captain

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:18 pm
Phantom Crash is a mecha fighting game in the vein of Armored Core for the XBox. It takes place in a post apocalyptic world were mechs, called SVs, are used for blood sport and "Wireheads" fight for prestige and money in forgotten areas of Old Tokyo.

You start as a nameless up and comer, battling through the ranks of the three areas to defeat the area Rankers and eventually fighting the champion of Old Tokyo. A sequel of sorts was made for the PS2, but I never got to play it.

I really liked this game. The characters were memorable enough and they were all combatants as well as NPCs do you got to know them in combat and out. The designs for the SVs were distinctly Japanese, but didn't suffer for it. My personal favorite was the Holy unit manufactured by Il Ventuno. The story, and the soundtrack were both pretty memorable too, the latter being a decent jumble of various indie J-Rock groups. The story wasn't particularly epic in any sense. In fact it was pretty "Slice of Life", provided that life was the life of a young (and in some cased probably too young) up and coming professional Mech-fighter in post-apocalyptia.

Any body else here remember this game?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:55 pm
can't say I do but it sounds like it would be a fun play.  

Darth Ghranna
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Genius

14,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Gaming (Video, Table Top, Card, Board, Etc.) Discussion Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers