Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:37 am
Kin I am questing for!

Kimeti Does:

- Raining Underwater (custom based on an OC) Mission complete!

- Clay Doll (have sketches, just need to finish/scan/post)

Character Journals

Breeding / Plotting / Internet Kin Dating Service thread  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:38 am
Raining Underwater

Mission complete!

❈ Name: Raining Underwater
❈ Type: Female Kimeti
❈ Growing: Non-Growing

❈ Edits: Edited! Based on an OC, I want her to be fairly heavily edited (a bunch of small edits):

- Horn edit (see picture at the bottom of this post)
- Eye glow (see picture)
- Mane (picture again!)
- Cloven hoof edit
- Tail edit (For an Acha-style tail with the same white-blue gradient and white-gray hair, I love the tail style on Untold Wishes)

Art of the OC she is based on:
NSFW- breasts
Sort of SFW - sideboob (oh god this picture is so old and awful I am so sorry)

❈ Personality: Raining Underwater is a quiet kin, speaking few words and isn't keen on offering unsolicited advice. That doesn't necessarily mean that she is antisocial, just contemplative. I see her as being kind of a mystic type Kimeti who is a vivid dreamer, listener, and storyteller. I want to leave room for her personality to grow over time via RP.

She lives in an area of the swamp where cold, fresh water bubbles up from a spring, and she doesn't tend to wander too terribly far like some kin who can't stay put. She is a strong swimmer and has become proficient at catching fish from the deep waters near the grove of willows she calls home. Her familiar, a neurotic and fussy giant wasp named Persimmon (after another favorite food), goes everywhere with her.

Raining Underwater loves the menfolk (esp. large bucks and would probably be very uh... intrigued~ by a Totoma or large Kimeti buck) and will probably end up having a lot of kids. She is the kind of kin I would try and enter into mystery breedings if they were offered since this would match her personality well.

❈ Naming Dream: The underwater world was full of sound. Whispers and song of ten thousand voices drifted into open ears, punctuated by the flowing rhythm of water and the jubilation of trapped bubbles escaping to an unreachable surface world. They frolicked in the dappled light far above. Unknowable words overwhelmed her, issued from great old gods in the crushing black far below. Their yellow eyes beckoned far below and their laughter reverberated inside of her body.

There was another sound, below the din. It was quiet, musical. She had to strain to hear it.

It sounded like...

Rain.

(There will be a painting to go with this, just need to sit down and actually do it sweatdrop )

User Image

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:10 am
Clay Doll

❈ Name: Clay Doll
❈ Nickname: Slip (named for the clay and water suspension used in pottery and ceramic making, not sure if this is too specific for Matope)
❈ Type: Female Kimeti
❈ Growing: Non-Growing

❈ Edits: Edited!

- Horn edit (round off horns so they're short stumpy)
- Backspine and face scale removal
- Soft, rounded ears (I love the ears on Crabshell)
- Eye edit (I've seen a few does with larger eyes but can't for the life of me remember their names! mad )

Really the sky is the limit on her edits and I may just want to go for an overpixel so the colorist has the freedom to work how they want to instead of off a list of instructions. I did some doodles but nothing really came out that was really 'her' yet - I may wait to draw her properly until after she's 'official'.

❈ Appearance:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Clay Doll looks like how she sounds - a body formed from the clay lining the riverbanks and borne from the silty water in the swamp. She's small, with rounded and delicate features. Her pelt is pale and her pink-red eyes are large and milky. She's largely unadorned by markings, with a general look about her that kin who aren't paying close attention may describe as plain. Overall, her color helps her blend in well with her environment and makes it easy for her to hide.

Her backside may be dappled with white or off-white spots, similar to a fawn, but I'm not sure about this. Maybe up to the colorist about what they think looks the best.

❈ Personality: Slip is passive, shy, and speaks so little that other kin may assume that she is mute. Her diet consists mostly of fruit and tubers that grow in the swamp's waters. She prefers to watch other kin from a distance rather than interact with them directly.

Due to her extremely introverted personality and fear of social interaction, she may or may not end up breeding (unless there is a lot of RP involved! heart ).

❈ Naming Dream: Not sure about this one yet - want to think of one that matches her weird, unfinished aesthetic.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:16 pm
Ugh you guys I have to make this happen look at this (not my photos):

cecropia3 by RReiheld, on Flickr

cecropia2 by RReiheld, on Flickr

Male Hyalophora cecropia. A buck... Kimeti probably? Maybe Kiokote? Horns modified into bushy antenna, thick fluffy fur... not sure how to handle the tail or wing patterning.

With a sister Actias luna (Luna moth):

The first set of eyes on the primary wings would make lovely shoulder scale. Like her brother, horns modified into those bushy antenna. Fluffy soft body. Flowing, abundant waved hair. Maybe a crazy tail edit to match the twinned tails on the wings of the moth? I don't know!

And a pet:

Lymeon orbus (Black and white ichneumon wasp)
http://bugguide.net/node/view/342149

Fuuuuuu I love insects they are the best heart Does thinking about bribing these with art make me cheap  

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces