Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply Ancient Library____________-__________Guild Archives
What do you consider a relationship? (Contest) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:33 pm
Alright so your captain Ambrosia is in a relationship after several years (gasp) but I need your help on what do you consider a relationship. How would you describe a relationship, and what do you think it's funded by?

You may answer in video, writing, or even in a picture!

Best answer gets 100,000 gold.

This contest ends August 11.

Here's a pic of us biggrin (I'm the one with the piercings cool )

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:37 pm
I'm not usually first with this sort of thing, but.. I suppose I'll start it off then.

I would say that for me a relationship is all about the trust. If you can't trust your partner then there's nothing to build off of. That's not to say you need to spill all of your guts on the first date, but you definitely don't want to start off with any major lies or anything of that nature.

Other than trust though, I still look for (and have) a man who is chivalrous. I know I'm perfectly capable of opening my own doors, but it's still nice to be pampered once in a while and to know that he cares. Plus I'm a hopeless romantic so anything you'd see in the movies is the stuff I dream. And while my fiance might not show a very romantic side very often, I still know that it's there and that he'll always have my back.

I also think that in a relationship you should have things in common. Whether you play video games for hours on end, like to watch movies, or enjoy walks in the park. Having a common ground is good for a couple. Though don't forget to toss in a few surprise dates here and there. She's never been paint balling or horesback riding but she might enjoy it? Surprise her.

Lastly, listen. It never ceases to amaze me just how much my Fiance listens to me. Even if I don't think that he is. He always seems to remember those little things I've had my eye on, even sometimes after I've forgotten.

I can already tell you're definitely interested in keeping this girl and asking for advice is certainly a step in the right direction! Just keep in mind there are going to be the ups and the downs but if she's the right one for you then it's all worth it.

Well wishes and the best of luck!

-and I've never really given advice like this before so.. I apologize if I fail x.x  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

--Beckys Nightmare--

Benevolent Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:23 pm
Aw, what a cute couple you two make. <3

What my view of "relationships" is all about the:
Trust. You have to trust your partner, and they have to trust you. Basically whatever CheshireKttty said about trust is what I agree with.
Honesty. You have to be honest with your partner, and they have to be honest with you. That doesn't mean you have to tell your partner everything; if they want to know something, be honest and tell them. If it comes to things that have potential consequences, still be honest. "Forget the risk, take the fall" The same goes for your partner to you.
Respect. Girls love a man who can and will respect them no matter what. Respect your partner as much as you would respect your mother (or sister(s)). Same goes for your partner as well.
Compromise. If your partner is looking for equality in a relationship, give it to her. Talk with your partner about what you want to see in the relationship and come to an agreement... ESPECIALLY when it comes to things like... sex.... and stuff. Unless you two are like, totally not ready for that.

Now, what my view of a perfect man is:
Adoration. Love your partner, adore her with all your heart. Not to the point to where it's just... creepy, but enough to where she feels loved.
Admiration. Admire her... can't really think of other things to say than that. xP
Protection. Protect her as if she were a precious gem (as I'm sure she is for you). When she's scared, be there to let her know that everything's alright. When she's crying, be there for her and do all you can to cheer her up, to make her laugh and smile. When she's angry, let her blow off steam, but at the same time, try to calm her nerves.
Personal Space. Yes, you want your partner with you at all times, but girls need their personal space sometimes. When/If she needs her space, give it to her until she wants you by her side again. Don't be nosy and up in her grill all the time; that just makes you look... well, creepy and clingy.
Flattery. Flatter your partner, but not too much (unless she really loves to be flattered). Tell her she's beautiful. Let her know that she looks nice in whatever get-up she's in. If she's putting herself about her appearance, let her know that she looks beautiful in your eyes no matter flaws she has.
Other things: BE GENTLEMAN! Just... be one. Don't go showing her off as if she's some shiny, big trophy; she's all yours to admire. Look her in the eyes when you hold her; don't look away until she does. It's just... cute. Be playful with her, be fun, be funny. Give her a thousands hugs and kisses. If she has some wild and crazy antics that you probably can't handle, ignore them and do all you can to deal with them. Make her laugh, make her smile, make her giggle, make her snort. Cuddle with her, lots and lots of snuggles and cuddles... unless she doesn't like a lot of that, of course.

Uhhmmm... well my mind just went blank. And this all came out from a girl who has never... ever... ever been in a relationship before, so.... xp That's the best advice I can give. Sucky advice, but still advice.

I hope you two have a wonderful and long-lasting relationship. Congrazzles. <33  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:29 pm
XSK Ambrosia

Okay so.. I think that what all relationships must have is:

Trust: Because you're really gonna want your partner to be someone you can trust and get along with, you're not gonna want someone that will date you for 1 day, then find someone else and dump you for some stupid reason.

Love: You're both gonna want to actually love each other before dating, also could go as liking too. Doesn't really have to be a "love spree".

Similarities: Both of you should have some similar likes, you can't date someone who likes ponies more then unicorns, doesn't work that way.

Compatible: You must both be able to understand each others problems. If someone isn't able to do something, don't force them, it will ruin the relationship, and you will lose trust in each other.

That's all I have for now... forgot the rest, I'll post when I remember D:  

II Mr Crayons II

Wealthy Genius

9,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

songbird1676

6,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:45 pm
Although most of my past relationships have been a bust, I have learned a lot about how to have a good relationship through my friends and family....and from the experiences I had.

gaia_star Trust is a huge part of a relationship. If you don't have trust, the relationship will crumble. That is pretty much a proven fact...and it is definitely key to keeping it together.

gaia_star As well as Trust, I look for a man who is honest. I hate it when guys (or even my female friends) beat around the bush and just don't get to the point they are trying to get at. Although you should be truthful, keep in mind that with some women, you have to be a little careful on your wording. Even having the wrong wording with honest intentions can set a woman off. And mad women=disaster.

gaia_star For me, I have always wanted a guy I could talk to about anything and everything. The good, the bad, and the ugly. I don't want to have to worry about feeling judged by him, or fearing that he would leave me for a mistake I made when I was younger. I want a guy who would love me for my faults, no matter what.

gaia_star I look for a guy who thinks on his feet, and is a little creative. He doesn't have to be a theatre or music guy, but a guy who purposely thinks of things to make me blush or say "awwwweeee!" about. Women (at least the ones I know) like the fact that a guy would take the time to think of something cute for his girl that is not in the norm. Being Romantic is a BIG PLUS! smile

gaia_star Listen, Listen, Listen. If you don't listen, you can't respond back. I am a communications major, and one of the things we have talked about is the downfalls of some relationships because of poor communication. If you are texting, and something doesn't seem right, call her. If you are still having a problem, make sure you make time to see her and hash things out face to face. Good Communication can make or break a relationship.

gaia_star Always respond to her texts. When I say this, I mean, don't ignore her for long periods of time. If you can't talk, let her know. Again, this kinda goes with the whole communication thing. I had a friend a few months ago who would text her boyfriend, and when he didn't respond for 3 hours, she would get all pissed off and start texting and calling him like crazy. (Then again, she was crazy. >.< I will not go into that story, lol.)

gaia_star Finally, when I'm in relationships, I always lay out some ground rules. Not in a harsh or bossy way, but in a way where both of us know exactly what we want out of a relationship. I always look for a guy who is willing to talk with me about this, and we can come to mutual agreements.

You definitely seem interested in this girl, and you two look absolutely adorable together. emotion_bigheart Good luck to you both! smile

-Sorry this is so long....when I start talking about something or start giving advice, I sometimes tend to draw them out or go on little rabbit trails. sweatdrop hehehehe.-  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:04 pm
Not like I really have any experience in the matter, but...

In my opinion a relationship depends on:

Love, because let's face it if your with someone you don't hold this feeling for then your in the wrong relation.

Trust, you need to be able to depend on your other to do the right things as is expected of you.

Loyalty, With every relationship there will be good times and hardships and it is vital for each side to be willing to help and deal with these moments without giving up.

Common Ground, You should share some interests and perspectives that the other does.

Yeah, that's about all I can think of that I can put into words.
Trying to keep it as simple as possible without rambling.  

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

vampiroz

Dangerous Bloodsucker

19,050 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:33 pm
this isn't the definition just the reason why most of them break up.

(males read)female reasons:
- did someting to offend them. normally something small and insigificant. p.s. don't ever call it insignificant just pisses her off.

- if they have dated alot of guys before you they may become pessimistic toward other males.

- because you got into a fight. (this will happen alot even if you get married you will still fight it's up to you and your wife to mend it.)

- they thought you were nice till you started makeing crude comments about her. or used profanity (yes there are girls who think cuss words are stupid we all know that sounds stupid that they think that but whatever. just try to not cuss or be crude alot.)

- (there are alot of other reasons why they would break up with you... depends if they have alot of boundrys.)

(females read)male reasons:
- (before you start reading this list this is not a list for all guys nor was the list for girls all girls. but it is a good guideline to go by to not upset the other.)

- you talk bad s**t(stuff that upsets you about him) behind his back to your girl-friends. (your friends no matter how close you think they are will eventually spill what you said... trust me. trust me...)

- you hang around other guys and flirt with them. (happends to girls too but normally you don't want that quality in a girl so i left it off.)

- "because they are a player." (several reasons normally anything to detect they are with another girl.)

- falsely accuseing him. (normally with cheating but it can be apply to do other things. when this happends you need to collect evidence on why you would think this then compare it to something he might say to get out of it. then ask him about it.)

- being mad at the other person. (yes we all know that you may get mad at him and you want him to figure it out himself. but we are not. if you just tell us it helps solve the conflict. cause we will ask over and over whats wrong cause it's a male characteristic to want to imediately fix something thats not working correctly.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:51 pm
Short and sweet:

Be chivalrous. wink Hold the door for her, DO the DISHES (she'll love you if she is anything like me)

Surprise her in good ways too. (: Learn to cook her favourite meal and do crazy spontaneous (not going to kill you) things.

And...I just wanted to let you know, sex is NOT everything. Respect her and let her know you want to wait. (even if you don't)

Okay, that's all I had to say! Good luck, blessings. biggrin  

OneSongForever

Friendly Friend

5,550 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Theallmightypoe

Savage Entrepreneur

12,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:01 pm
First off im gonna say: I hope you're not going to listen to all the things here and overcomplicate your relationship. That will not do anything to help out the relationship whatsoevaaaa.

Anywho....

A relationship is all about being comfortable with the other. If you can be yourself, and the other one can accept that, then it's going the way it should. You should never try to be someone you're not with your partner, for that will bite you in the a** if the relationship lasts longer than a month or so.

As you guys get closer and more comfortable, trust is a main issue. Trust isn't something that can really said in words or whatnot. It's made up of the small things: If one of you is going out with your friends and the other is totally ok with that. If you can leave eachother and it never crosses your mind that the other is cheating. Those my seem like small things at first, but in reality its huge.It shows true trust.

If you can trust, and are comfortable the big thing that can make or break a relationship is personal gain. You both need to be willing to help the other become a better person. You guys can gave the most fun together and be in the happiest place ever, but time does not stand still. If you see a big career change ahead of you that is great for you, the other should be pushing you towards it. If let's say one of you wants to go back to school to open doors to get a career, support it all the way.

But here's the sad truth.

Every relationship is different. The best thing is to know yourself, and know your partner. And always work together. No need to try and strive for a super clingy relation, or a super relaxed one. Just let your relationship take its course and see what happens. It's about the ******** journey, man. The ******** journey.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:01 pm
Support

let me not worst time and get to it .

Support to me is like a foundation of people from different backgrounds coming together for common cause .
support can be giving your elderly next door neighbor a hand when they need it or boosting ones confidence in there talent or school or a entire nation coming together to help those who have gone throw tragic times.  

bwanali

Whirlpoolriding

Dangerous Bloodsucker

10,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:47 pm
LOL at your announcement! xd

K quite simply
Accepting each other's ******** there for each other.
Continually being kind to, encouraging and supporting each other.

Edit:
OneSongForever has a good point about sex not being the focus -- it has to be a balanced r/ship where you two accept each other's persons as well.

Theallmightypoe -- I love everything Theallmightypoe said. 3nodding

Note*: has been in a long-term r/ship.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:50 am
Hey bud, not even gonna try to go for the gold, 'cause I have enough of my own. Just responding to this post as a friend.
People do say: Follow what's in your heart.
But sometimes following your heart leads you to trouble, so what I'm gonna have to tell you is follow what you know is right, not what other people think or what you think is right.
Why don't you ask yourself this question: What can I do to make her happy when she's with me? Also ask her opinions about things before making any action or decision. Always be confident in everything you do, but show her some of your soft spots sometimes, because she would never know if she's hurting you otherwise, which can affect your relationship; same would go for her, ask her what makes her mad or what turns her off. The biggest thing in a relationship is COMMUNICATION. If you guys don't know how to communicate with each other, then there is less hope for the relationship to work for long.
Another thing, don't be a jerk to her friends...if you do have a disliking to one of her friends, try to be gentle when you're talking to her about it or best to not say anything at all. Don't play around too much when you guys are on a date...meaning, don't make up too many jokes---show her that you do take things seriously when it comes to her and that she's more important than anything that's on your mind at the moment. Make her feel like she's at home when she's with you.

Goodluck, dear friend. Have fun, ALWAYS!  

0 Zeref 0
Vice Captain

Divine Spirit

11,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500

0 Zeref 0
Vice Captain

Divine Spirit

11,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:53 am
Theallmightypoe
First off im gonna say: I hope you're not going to listen to all the things here and overcomplicate your relationship. That will not do anything to help out the relationship whatsoevaaaa.

Anywho....

A relationship is all about being comfortable with the other. If you can be yourself, and the other one can accept that, then it's going the way it should. You should never try to be someone you're not with your partner, for that will bite you in the a** if the relationship lasts longer than a month or so.

As you guys get closer and more comfortable, trust is a main issue. Trust isn't something that can really said in words or whatnot. It's made up of the small things: If one of you is going out with your friends and the other is totally ok with that. If you can leave eachother and it never crosses your mind that the other is cheating. Those my seem like small things at first, but in reality its huge.It shows true trust.

If you can trust, and are comfortable the big thing that can make or break a relationship is personal gain. You both need to be willing to help the other become a better person. You guys can gave the most fun together and be in the happiest place ever, but time does not stand still. If you see a big career change ahead of you that is great for you, the other should be pushing you towards it. If let's say one of you wants to go back to school to open doors to get a career, support it all the way.

But here's the sad truth.

Every relationship is different. The best thing is to know yourself, and know your partner. And always work together. No need to try and strive for a super clingy relation, or a super relaxed one. Just let your relationship take its course and see what happens. It's about the ******** journey, man. The ******** journey.

Agreed.

This one is a good advice, make sure you read it twice, A. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:25 am
A good relationship is a trusting one.
Both parties must trust each other, and both must do what's right for one another.
For a relationship to work out, both parties must first become best friends.
Both people must feel comfortable to talk about almost anything, maybe is be serious or not.
Both must also be serious & not go around flirting/messing around with others. Else someone will get hurt.
the end, I'm too lazy to write an essay about it like everyone else gonk  

A Cats Curiosity

Beloved Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Mark Twain 100

BellaRose2011

Friendly Regular

20,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:39 am
A relationship is where two people care about eachother, respect, trust, & support the other one. It has it's ups & downs, but the ones that are strong & are willing to be in one another's lives will stick it out through all the rough times heart  
Ancient Library____________-__________Guild Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff