Welcome to Gaia! ::

Your Ultimate Guide To Gold Making

Back to Guilds

The only rule is to talk as much as possible about gold club...(oppposite of FIGHT club:)) 

Tags: gold, gold making, your, ways to make gold, guide 

Reply YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO GOLD MAKING
Gold Making: Segment 1

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you use the marketplace to make most of your gold?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Melvin Flakes
Vice Captain

Friendly Poster

4,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:21 am
hi everyone, this is a new topic section we are creating based around the infamous Gaia Gold

arrow share your best gold making strategies and with the help of HTOB, I'll share mine

MARKETPLACE: of course the obvious way to make gold is to buy an item when the price is low and to re-sell when the price has gone back up, but how do you make smart decisions on buying and selling?
TIPS
1....to conserve gold, buy items from marketplace that are in the stores for LOWER than the store price....NEVER buy items from the marketplace that are listed for lower in the store & you can purchase the item for a lower amount

2......pay attention to average prices (shown at an item's listing in the marketplace) but don't completely rely on average prices, because you can still lose gold if you buy it below the average....I recommend not buying an item that is listed above the average price

3......when buying an expensive item make sure to remember the 2% deduction to the seller's gold. You can always trade and ask(by PM) the seller for a 2% deduction, because the seller receives the same amount of gold either way (you can ask for 2% deductions on cheaper items, but its usually not worth the small deduction off the item)

4........you can always PM the seller of an item and ask for a lower price, but the seller usually refuses, unless they are desperate to sell the item

5........click "show graphs" and you can see how low the price has gotten, but this you sometimes want to ignore, because you can still make gold off an item even if it has not dipped to it's lowest possible price......You do, however, want to pay attention to how many units sell. If the line only hits 1 or 2, don't buy it if you aren't planning on keeping the item for some time or aren't patient in waiting for a buyer

arrow each segment will have 5 tips, if you have a good tip, comment below and it will appear in the next segment

arrow CONFUSED??...........ask questions below and I'll answer I PROMISE!!!!!!

Author:
~Melvin Flakes  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:24 am
I don't get the part about the 2% ???????  

LolaSnitch

Melvin Flakes
Vice Captain

Friendly Poster

4,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:11 pm
when you sell an item in the marketplace, for example 1000g , a 2% deduction is taken out of the amount you receive as tax, so ......1000 multiplied by .02 equals 20g..........1000 minus 20 equals 980...............so you get 980g, when selling an item for 1000 in the marketplace

you can ask the seller (by PM) for a 2% deduction off an item and trade

*when you trade, there is no tax (2% deduction)

you trade 980 for the item, so you pay less and the seller receives the same amount of gold  
YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO GOLD MAKING

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games