Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
I want to break free...from my parents.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:31 pm
Seriously, though. I want to break free from my parents. I know this sounds all teenage-angsty, but hear me out.

When I was waiting for my PS3 to come in (it never did, so we went out and physically bought one) and my dad was recovering from his shoulder surgery, I had to help out around my house more. I was pretty proactive about getting to things and I did a better job too. Now I got my PS3, but I have a weaker drive to help or even get around to things. I can't even motivate myself to fold a medium sized load of laundry that been in a basket in my room! And our dishwasher is starting to do a really shitty job of cleaning the dishes, so lots of random crap gets hardened onto the sides of dishes that go into it. I really despise inspecting the dishes so closely, and I usually get frustrated finding so few to put away, so when I put them in the sink and put water in them to soak, I really don't want to scrub over half of the dishes that should really be clean but aren't. Or I just leave them in the dishwasher because I don't want to clean them. Either way, my dad comes in later (he's the one who does the majority of the cleaning in our house), and he sees the dishes not put away and then he lectures me on being more responsible and cleaning them. I'll admit, I really should clean them, but I don't want to take it out on anything when I get frustrated. I usually end up groaning to myself (as I unpack the dishwasher) about how we should just hand wash ALL the dishes (no meme intended), but whatever.

As for other things, like exercising or cleaning or really anything, I have a much greater will to do it when my parents aren't around. Because then they come home and are all like "oh wow! Thanks for doing that!" but when they're home (in the case of exercising) my mom will be all like "you need to be going harder if you want a burn" but maybe I don't. Maybe I'm just doing this because I want to or because I have to. I'm sorry I'm not working out so hard I break a hard sweat. I sweat and all, but still. As for other things like cleaning my room, I don't want to be interrupted by my parents or have them asking me to do other stuff. And when I finish without them around I feel that much more accomplished.

I have a better drive to do things when they're not around, and I'm less inclined to clean up if it's not entirely my mess. Considering a mess is probably gonna not be all mine, if I'm gonna do it, it'll be when they won't be around to see it. Or maybe all my messes.

God I can't wait to move out.

TL;DR: I'm less mature than I was a little bit ago, but my drive to get s**t done is better when my parents aren't around. And I wanna move out.

User Image

Vote for me. Because what have you got to lose?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:43 pm
hm...well i can't say i know how you feel because i don't lol

i don't have to do anything around the house at all...

like right now in the summer ALL of my time is my own O_O...

main reason i wanna move out is, i'm just bored of being a teenager...

XP

hope you get over you vendetta with dishwashing  

Cinna101

Aged Loiterer

7,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:25 pm
Boom! Lesson number one: Respect your parents.

I know its seems like a douche thing for them to always "ask" you to do stuff, but you need to see the brighter side. Do you know how much a house cost? or how much apartment rent is? They probably have a full time jobs too to cover all the cost of daily living. I'm not sure what you do for a job, but I'm in the Army National Guard and I had (quit cause that place sucked) a job to pay for expenses. I'm moving out in a year, but I'll miss my parents like crazy.

So just understand that they just want you to help around the house. They'll always want you to do it better no matter what, my parents are the same way. Just do like I do, just smile and keep on working.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:25 am
Onato
Boom! Lesson number one: Respect your parents.

I know its seems like a douche thing for them to always "ask" you to do stuff, but you need to see the brighter side. Do you know how much a house cost? or how much apartment rent is? They probably have a full time jobs too to cover all the cost of daily living. I'm not sure what you do for a job, but I'm in the Army National Guard and I had (quit cause that place sucked) a job to pay for expenses. I'm moving out in a year, but I'll miss my parents like crazy.

So just understand that they just want you to help around the house. They'll always want you to do it better no matter what, my parents are the same way. Just do like I do, just smile and keep on working.

I actually live pretty well. I don't think my parents are asking too much of me, I just prefer them to suggest it to me so I get the idea in my head and do it actively on my own. My dad is retired and my mom earns a LOT (IMO). sweatdrop

I need to get a job (/16), but I'm gonna start small. I'm planning on moving away for college, but I know I can come home (or stay with my sister in her newly renovated house; she said I could if I needed to) if I feel I should.

I even told my mom about this whole thing. She understands that I'm starting to feel more independent.

User Image

Vote for me. Because what have you got to lose?

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:40 am

Quick question: Do you really need your parents' permission to handwash dishes instead of putting them in the dishwasher? If you're currently the person who handles dishes, why not just take the initiative and wash them? But I'll tell you right now, as someone who hand washes dishes for a household of four, it is tough ********' work. Your back ends up hurting, your hands begin to hurt, your skin quality begins to decrease. I would honestly give anything to have a working dishwasher, even one that's on its last leg. But, if you really think it would work better, suggest it to your parents. You say you want them to suggest things to you, but you should start by suggesting things to them. Best way to make change is to be proactive.

Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games