Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
The idea of good and evil beings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stoned Viking

Interesting Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:09 pm
The idea that beings must be categorized as "Good" or "Evil" is nonsense.
Just because someone does evil things does not mean it can not or will not do good things, As is the reverse.

Good and Evil is just a point of view. Even things like killing can be considered good by many.

In this meaning is that good and evil is multitude of colors, not just shades of grey, and we all are just color blind to it.

Please feel free to express your own opinions on this matter.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:51 pm
Good and evil are just different perspectives on the same line.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

ChiyuriYami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:42 pm
Tyr Hymirson
The idea that beings must be categorized as "Good" or "Evil" is nonsense.
Just because someone does evil things does not mean it can not or will not do good things, As is the reverse.

Good and Evil is just a point of view. Even things like killing can be considered good by many.

In this meaning is that good and evil is multitude of colors, not just shades of grey, and we all are just color blind to it.

Please feel free to express your own opinions on this matter.[/quote

Good and Evil is like Cold and Hot.

By that I mean how Cold doesn't really exist. Cold is simply a Lack of Heat based on human perspective. The only one that exist itself is Heat.

Good doesn't exist. It is simply a state of lower evil by the perspective of human being. Only evil exist in different amount in the world.

Anyway, to one of your comment.. you can do "good" but it doesn't mena the person is good. The moment someone does evil, it nulified their good state.
It's similar to the saying that inteligient people can act dumb but dumb peopel can never be inteligent.

Evil people can do good but good people can never do evil without stoping been good.
So there is no such thing as a Good person doing evil.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:07 pm
Obscurus
on each end of the line, but of course in reality theres a whole sphere of connected lines.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:21 pm
We Are Organisms
Obscurus
on each end of the line, but of course in reality theres a whole sphere of connected lines.

Or maybe it's a circle?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:25 pm
Obscurus
We Are Organisms
Obscurus

Or maybe it's a circle?
the world is three dimensional which means there are at least 4 sides (tetrahedron) to anything. I guess lol. But looking at one side you can see 3 edges, and looking at each edge is two points. Good and evil would be two points on the edge which doubles as a line. a sphere has infinite edges and sides or at least uncountably high. Though in my first example I did think of the pole like north and south for the sphere as if it were a planet, but then I realized that would reinforce the idea of good vs evil. But either way its on the same object not a seperate one so that alone should say something lol.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:29 pm
We Are Organisms
Obscurus
We Are Organisms
Obscurus

Or maybe it's a circle?
the world is three dimensional which means there are at least 4 sides (tetrahedron) to anything. I guess lol. But looking at one side you can see 3 edges, and looking at each edge is two points. Good and evil would be two points on the edge which doubles as a line. a sphere has infinite edges and sides or at least uncountably high. Though in my first example I did think of the pole like north and south for the sphere as if it were a planet, but then I realized that would reinforce the idea of good vs evil. But either way its on the same object not a seperate one so that alone should say something lol.

You just dropped some Time Cube s**t on me just then.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:32 pm
Obscurus
We Are Organisms
Obscurus
We Are Organisms
Obscurus

Or maybe it's a circle?

at least I dont say america is going o hell cuz theres a black president and random hateful s**t like that lol. but that idea of mine reminds me of the 'two sides to a coin' metaphors. But more in depth lol.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:38 pm
We Are Organisms
Obscurus
We Are Organisms
Obscurus
We Are Organisms
Obscurus

Or maybe it's a circle?

at least I dont say america is going o hell cuz theres a black president and random hateful s**t like that lol. but that idea of mine reminds me of the 'two sides to a coin' metaphors. But more in depth lol.

True that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:26 am
i agree with a lot of what's been said.

also, what about the concept of ultimate good & evil? like, the notion that there is some eternal good at work behind the universe? some call it god/dess, or source, or deity. i believe that there is a universal life force, but i'm not confident in saying that it is 100% good. good & evil are human qualities. they are qualities that we ascribe to phenomena we experience. i like the idea of shades of grey (50 shades of grey? ...lol...) & i honor that notion because it resonates with my experience as a human. there's life, there's death, there's beauty, there's chaos, creation, destruction, abundance, void, etc etc etc. i honor these aspects of reality -- but i hesitate to ascribe them the quantifiers of "good" & "evil."

(i also hesitate to ascribe them genders, which seems to be popular among many occultists & metaphysicians, but that's a different story...)  

Yogurto

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items