xShifted

Original Humorist

5,550 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:05 am
Hello everyone, I'm xShifted.

This topic just talks about my experiences with Machinima, and how Machinima deals with Nintendo. I'm a Machinima Partner/Director since Febuary. My channel is all on Nintendo. Both Wii, and a few PC gameplays. I got partnered with Machinima, but during my experiences with them, they hardly care of Nintendo, mainly the Wii. I know the WiiU will come out soon, which Machinima will definetly use for gameplays and stuff, but what about from the past? What happened to the Wii that they won't respect? See, ever since I got partnered, I talk to the major Directors of MachinimaRespawn and MachinimaRealm which are Nova, Slyfox, Thunder, Vikkstar, etc. They told me their opinions on why. They said that Machinima's all about the money and glory. Sure, it somewhat makes sense. They also care about Quality and Graphics. So, maybe they disrespect Wii cause of its graphics maybe. How about the Gameplay. Real gamers know that the game is all on its gameplay. For example, the Mario games. The first game were all 8bit, but looks at the hits. A lot of people like it cause of how fun it is. So, for you guys, what are your opinions of Machinima with Nintendo. Maybe they will respect it because of the WiiU, but what are your guys opinion?

-xShifted  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:50 pm
There's an introductions thread in the social room, dude.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 pm
Well it's more of a thread about Machinima than him.

I've always thought Machinina was mostly garbage. Arby 'n' the Chief, all those news and top 10 shows they do. I rarely enjoy anything they put out.

Not to insult you though, you very well may be talented, I wouldn't know.

I don't really fault them for not featuring the Wii often. Generally games will appear on 360 and PS3 but not the Wii, and vice versa. Covering non-Wii games covers a wider audience. Plus, let's face it, there are only a handful of good Wii games.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:29 am
I don't think I understand. They generate money from videos, right? Do they believe money generated from Wii videos isn't great enough to warrant the effort/cost of having those videos? I think a whole bunch of us would beg to differ.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

xShifted

Original Humorist

5,550 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:18 am
Nomega

I've always thought Machinina was mostly garbage. Arby 'n' the Chief, all those news and top 10 shows they do. I rarely enjoy anything they put out.

Not to insult you though, you very well may be talented, I wouldn't know.

I don't really fault them for not featuring the Wii often. Generally games will appear on 360 and PS3 but not the Wii, and vice versa. Covering non-Wii games covers a wider audience. Plus, let's face it, there are only a handful of good Wii games.

I don't blame you, but for Machinima, I at least wanted them to post gameplays/walkthroughs/playthroughs/let's plays/etc of the handful of Wii games that are great games. Like Mario Kart Wii for example, I hardly seen any sort of gameplay in Machinima itself or any others of the Machinima Sub Networks. Even though, Mario Kart Wii is a great game, and it would generate more people to the Machinima audience. But Machinima, I only like a few series. I know its audience goes to xbox360/ps3, but how about Wii, at least.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:20 am
Trenn Flashkill
I don't think I understand. They generate money from videos, right? Do they believe money generated from Wii videos isn't great enough to warrant the effort/cost of having those videos? I think a whole bunch of us would beg to differ.

They generate money from the views of videos. See, what I think (which could be true of not) is that if Machinima Directors do post Wii ganeplays, they would probably generate less views. Some people may beg to differ, but this goes on to an opinion, and not some sort of fact.  

xShifted

Original Humorist

5,550 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:32 am
Nomega
To be honest I couldn't make much sense of the rest of the thread after the introduction.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:29 am
xShifted
Trenn Flashkill

They generate money from the views of videos. See, what I think (which could be true of not) is that if Machinima Directors do post Wii ganeplays, they would probably generate less views. Some people may beg to differ, but this goes on to an opinion, and not some sort of fact.

But if it's in addition to whatever else it is they do, I don't see it being a bad thing. Eh, whatever. It's their dumb call.

[Kegan]
Nomega
To be honest I couldn't make much sense of the rest of the thread after the introduction.

Yea, it's like he's speaking portuguese. rolleyes  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:22 pm
omg I love giving non-regulars a hard time for no reason!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:41 pm
Welcome to the guild. I see you've already been hazed. Don't let them get to you. I can ban them, after all.  

Waynebrizzle

xShifted

Original Humorist

5,550 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:19 am
[Kegan]
Nomega

Yeah sorry, I'm not born in America. I'm Vietnamese, so my English is pretty broken.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:21 am
[Kegan]
Nomega

I'm actually Vietnamese. My English is horrible 3nodding  

xShifted

Original Humorist

5,550 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100

xShifted

Original Humorist

5,550 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:22 am
Waynebrizzle
Welcome to the guild. I see you've already been hazed. Don't let them get to you. I can ban them, after all.

It's alright. Thanks btw. What you mean "been hazed." My English is not that good, so idk.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:42 am
xShifted
Trenn Flashkill
[Kegan]
Nomega

I was close then. But really, you're not hard to understand at all. Easier than reading anything AK has to say, anyway.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

xShifted

Original Humorist

5,550 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:52 am
Trenn Flashkill
xShifted
Trenn Flashkill
[Kegan]
Nomega

I was close then. But really, you're not hard to understand at all. Easier than reading anything AK has to say, anyway.

Ah ok then, Thanks  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces