Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
TS2 EP/SP Opinions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My laptop only has room for one SP, which one should I choose?
  Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
  IKEA Home Stuff
  Glamour Life Stuff
View Results

BlackIce552

8,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:25 pm
Ok, so I have been playing TS2 since the base game was released in 2004. Since then, I have added MANY of the expansion and stuff packs over the years. As of now, my laptop is almost completely full so I only have room for 2 more things, but here is what I have installed so far:

The Sims 2 base game
Nightlife gaia_nitemareleft
University dramallama
Pets cat_4laugh
Seasons yum_tea
FreeTime yum_pizza
Teen Style Stuff yum_cupcake
Family Fun Stuff emotion_bigheart

Since I only have a little bit of room left, I definitely plan on buying and installing TS2 Apartment Life...which leaves barely enough room for one more stuff pack. So I need opinions please! (:

I am deciding between:
Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff yum_shrimp
IKEA Home Stuff cat_blaugh
Glamour Life Stuff gaia_crown

Being that I can only choose one, which one would be of more use to me?
Also, which one has the most items?

Thanks to all who help, such a hard decision! xD  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:17 am
Out of the stuff packs that you have listed, I've personally enjoyed kitchen and bath more than the others. The glamour life pack is alright, but I'm not a huge fan of over-priced furniture considering most of my sims start out on a budget, so it takes a while to fully decorate the house in that- if I so choose.

I love making really nice kitchens and bathrooms and after a while, I felt that my kitchens all tended to look the same. Hence why I got the EP. I think it gives the kitchens an updated and clean look, and I think all families benefit from the nice kitchen and bathrooms. Either the single entertainer, the chaotic family, the single parent, ect. =)

But that is just my opinion.
I don't know which one comes with "more" stuff. I just tend to go for the EPs that have the most useful stuff.  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

BlackIce552

8,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:00 pm
Your Left Sock
Out of the stuff packs that you have listed, I've personally enjoyed kitchen and bath more than the others. The glamour life pack is alright, but I'm not a huge fan of over-priced furniture considering most of my sims start out on a budget, so it takes a while to fully decorate the house in that- if I so choose.

I love making really nice kitchens and bathrooms and after a while, I felt that my kitchens all tended to look the same. Hence why I got the EP. I think it gives the kitchens an updated and clean look, and I think all families benefit from the nice kitchen and bathrooms. Either the single entertainer, the chaotic family, the single parent, ect. =)

I don't know which one comes with "more" stuff. I just tend to go for the EPs that have the most useful stuff.

Oh ok, so if the furniture is that expensive...then I will probably just mark that one off my list...b/c like you, most of my sims starts off on a tight budget lol The kitchen & bath stuff would get a lot of use, I never looked at it that way, but that's definitely true biggrin
Do you know anything about the IKEA home stuff? It's prob over-priced furniture too.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:12 pm
BlackIce552
Your Left Sock

Oh ok, so if the furniture is that expensive...then I will probably just mark that one off my list...b/c like you, most of my sims starts off on a tight budget lol The kitchen & bath stuff would get a lot of use, I never looked at it that way, but that's definitely true biggrin
Do you know anything about the IKEA home stuff? It's prob over-priced furniture too.

I've looked into the IKEA home stuff, but I remember it wasn't something really impressive. The furniture is really basic, there seems to be little to no real detail to it- a lot like Ikea furniture. XD I like my houses to have a little spunk to them, and I didn't see spunk in the IKEA pack. =/ Plus, it seems like a lot of missed-matched furniture. Even the sets just don't seem to go together very well.  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

BlackIce552

8,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:03 am
Your Left Sock
BlackIce552
Your Left Sock

I've looked into the IKEA home stuff, but I remember it wasn't something really impressive. The furniture is really basic, there seems to be little to no real detail to it- a lot like Ikea furniture. XD I like my houses to have a little spunk to them, and I didn't see spunk in the IKEA pack. =/ Plus, it seems like a lot of missed-matched furniture. Even the sets just don't seem to go together very well.

Really? Ha well that sounds rather crappy then. I dislike basic furniture <.<
I took your advice and bought the kitchen and bath stuff pack Friday night! Thank you so much for the help!
Also, I bought Apartment Life. Is it any good?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:55 am
BlackIce552
Your Left Sock
BlackIce552
Your Left Sock

Really? Ha well that sounds rather crappy then. I dislike basic furniture <.<
I took your advice and bought the kitchen and bath stuff pack Friday night! Thank you so much for the help!
Also, I bought Apartment Life. Is it any good?

Enjoy! I love making my "snobby" sims wear the pink robe and towel through their house. XD It's cute. =)

I used to have Apartment life, but then got rid of it. I have NO idea why, I think it was solely because it took too much space up on my computer. I liked the concept of having the apartments, but I hated loading everything. It just reminded me so much of University that I thought I had more perks with University than apartment life. =/ It was a good game, just not for my computer. XD  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces