Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Desk... need desk...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:39 pm
Fffff I wanna go on a shopping spreeeeeeee Refurnish my bedroom ya know?

Actually mostly I wanna get a decent desk. My current one is okay but it will be leaving my room with my mom;s computer when I get the new PC. I mean it'll stay in here for a while but eventually it is going.

there is a 20 dollar "desk" at my local walmart, it's got shitty reviews but for 20 bucks I'd be able to tolerate it for a little while while I try saving for a better one. I'm also scouring craigslist for any deals that may pop up. So far no luck.

As far as shopping spree, I want a bed frame an office chair, TV stand and other stuff, and I would LOVE for them to all match. xD But the desk is priority 1.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:01 am
If I could have gotten the receptionist desk that was on Craigslist a couple of days ago, I would have. My husband wouldn't let me. It was beautifully humongous, an actual, full-sized, three-sided desk that you'd see on the ground floor of an office building. And it was free. Of course, it was huge. We couldn't get it into here if we tried. We couldn't transport it here. And we couldn't fit here. But, someday, the next time someone nearby offers a giant desk like that, I will have a converted office building for a house. Oh, and a truck big enough to hold the thing.  

thedenomerator

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:38 am
I REALLY want a desk like this:
http://moseslake.craigslist.org/fuo/3203551301.html

But I can't poop out 600 bucks! o Ao  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:44 am
This is the cheapo walmart desk I am considering for the time being:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Computer-Desk-Black/19708789  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:33 pm
holy crap that desk is huge/dark...

i would just keep your moms desk as long as possible since u said u'd have it anyways n' save up for a decent desk then... cause it looks like a 20 piece of crap that would fall apart easily  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:30 pm
That is pretty much what my mom is telling me to do. I just want a new desk so bad ; 0;  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:41 pm
And now we are looking at cheap, yet not trash, walmart desks.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:18 pm
Walmart is a great place to get cheap stuff to furnish your home with. I should know. Though my futon came from KMart just because it was technically closer. But it works!  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:40 pm
Desks I am looking at:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-Beginnings-Desk-Cinnamon-Cherry-Finish/20566847

www.walmart.com/ip/Mobile-Computer-Tower-with-Storage-Black/13909041

www.walmart.com/ip/Orion-Computer-Desk-With-Hutch-Oak-Black/9854984

I am leaning towards the last one...

as for a chair...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Phoenix-Task-Chair-with-Arms-Blue-or-Dark-Gray/14013709
SHAZAM!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:03 am
the last one is nice and the price is decent as well.
i need a new big artist/computer desk as soon as my sister moves out and i have the room to myself finally. really nice artist desk go for really high prices. x.x it going to be awhile until i get one.

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:22 pm
Biggest issue I am having is I need the place the tower goes to be on the left since my computer had a right facing vertical disc tray. >.o  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:08 pm
just keep your tower underneath the desk if you can. that way it won't be in the way. plus, it'll give you some desk space. ^^

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:49 pm
The tower needs to be off the floor for dust/hair reasons... also ferret reasons... I can see Ti pushing the power button cuz it lights up...  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games