Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
The state of California is a piece of s**t Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

California
  DUMB STATE
  EARTHQUAKES
  WILDFIRES
  MUDSLIDES
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:51 am
Remember 2008? Yeah, neither do I. But apparently it was the first year that I was making enough money, by California's standards, to have to pay income tax. Since I was in the military, and at that point everyone was telling me that I just had to file for my state of record (which was Nevada and HAS no income tax), I didn't pay anything.

So I got a thing in the mail from them about how I need to pay them money, and I just filled out the form and stuff. Total it's $147, which isn't...terrible...I suppose. But I could spend that on so much more. Like video games. Or food. Blah.

So yeah. California is a dumb state. So many other states are just like, "Oh, you're in the military? Oh, go ahead, keep all your money. That you aren't already paying to the federal government."

Stupid California...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:04 am
Wow that sucks D:

great way to make me feel about california >_>  

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:02 am
Doesnt everybodys taxes go to pay for the military, including thier retirment benifits and bonuses?

Just think of what America could afford if instead of being the leading war nation...they could have education, health care, better conservation programs, skittles for all etc.

But I am a pro tax person, if everyone in America paid thier taxes, the the country probally wouldnt be broke. Everybody knows there is a correlation with higher taxes and happiness of the country right?

But gutted on owing stuff...I believe America still owes me a tax return...I just could never be bothered claiming it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:03 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Remember 2008? Yeah, neither do I.
That made me lul. Sorry about the taxes though. ;-;  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:33 pm
Ginhi~kun
GoldDiggingWhore
Remember 2008? Yeah, neither do I.
That made me lul. Sorry about the taxes though. ;-;

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:53 pm
gdapw
Doesnt everybodys taxes go to pay for the military, including thier retirment benifits and bonuses?

Just think of what America could afford if instead of being the leading war nation...they could have education, health care, better conservation programs, skittles for all etc.

But I am a pro tax person, if everyone in America paid thier taxes, the the country probally wouldnt be broke. Everybody knows there is a correlation with higher taxes and happiness of the country right?

But gutted on owing stuff...I believe America still owes me a tax return...I just could never be bothered claiming it.

Federally, perhaps, but when it comes to state income tax, no. Unless you're part of the National Guard, then MAYBE (I'm not sure on the specifics of how that works, all I know is that there are differences). State income tax, to my knowledge, pays for nothing but state interests and infrastructure. And, again, considering that I wasn't a resident of that state, it's kind of a bunch of crap that they have the right to take my money. At least I wasn't a resident of a state that had income tax at the same time; that would have just been even more money.

The thing about taxes and the tax code in general (and why it could do well with being revised) is that there's a lot of room for loopholes. And it seems like the more money you have, the more you're able to spend your money while exploiting those loopholes at the same time and ending up not paying as much tax as maybe they should.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:52 pm
True that on the state vs federal. I forgot your tax is cut into segments...including sometimes as low as counties...

Yes, they need to start again...one tax for all (sure it can be based on income...but not thousands of pages of exceptions)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:53 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Remember 2008? .

um... that was a bad year... sc ott broke up/kicked me out... um... i chose to go to MSU for college... um.... and I GOT TO SEE SAGEEEEEEE
the highlight of that year...  

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:27 pm
BlueCowGirl
GoldDiggingWhore
Remember 2008? .

um... that was a bad year... sc ott broke up/kicked me out... um... i chose to go to MSU for college... um.... and I GOT TO SEE SAGEEEEEEE
the highlight of that year...

im sure I came 2009, I graduated at the end of 08  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:10 am
Taxes suck a lot.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:10 am
Also ferrets are illegal in California... dumbutts!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:03 am
DarkMoonSlayer

So are hedgehogs =(

I've been told that 2011 was a shitty year, which is somewhat disappointing since I thought that the majority of it was pretty good. Seemed to taper off at the end though.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:04 am
DarkMoonSlayer

They arent yet in NZ, but I would vote to make them so. Stoats and ferrets in the wild are a massive problem in NZ (We have a lot of land birds that evolved without mamalian predators, as such stoats and ferrits smash thier populations).

Though in the states where animals evolved with all sorts of predators its not so bad.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:29 pm
gdapw
DarkMoonSlayer

They arent yet in NZ, but I would vote to make them so. Stoats and ferrets in the wild are a massive problem in NZ (We have a lot of land birds that evolved without mamalian predators, as such stoats and ferrits smash thier populations).

Though in the states where animals evolved with all sorts of predators its not so bad.

-.- they just stink to high heaven

and yes u were right
08 was a shitty year... 09 was simi because u came
anyways... i can't remember 08... i don't think i was drunk the entire year.. maybe college just killed that part of my soul?  

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:19 pm
gdapw
DarkMoonSlayer

Same in Australia.
I can't get a rabbit in Queensland because of the problems they've caused in other states, and yet I could get a ferret, which has the potential to cause all the same problems and then some because they'd decimate our precious tiny mammals.
Somebody needs to realise that this is a disaster waiting to happen and ban them. They're cute, but not worth the risk.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff