Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Trip to the Fair (Mini-game pg2) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:26 am
It's that time of year again. The leaves are changing, the days are getting shorter, the air is getting crisp, and the students in the Kodo school system are (mostly) being diligent little boys and girls and getting their school supplies ready. Summer is coming to a close. What else is there left to do?

An End of Summer Fair, that's what!

That's right! The people of Kodo aren't going to welcome in autumn until they get in just one more summer fling. This is especially true of the hard working people of Jinko City. The streets have become home to various vendors and games, and being located in the Calamus Plains gives the city plenty of perfect areas for setting up the rides you would expect at any local fair.

So what are you waiting for? Get out there and have some fun!

Quote:
About this ORP:

Weather: Sunny, slight breeze

>This ORP is open to both Trainers and Rockets.
>Multiple characters per player are allowed.
>There is no set list of rides or attractions. The only restriction is that this is a local fair, so please keep the size in mind when coming up with rides.
>In-character actions have in-character consequences.
>Please indicate the target of your post with some sort of tag at the top, or bold the name within the post. There is no posting order.
>This ORP is currently scheduled to run for the next full week plus a day, concluding Saturday, Oct. 6. If things are still going strong at that point, an extension may be added. extended!
>Have a question? Contact Catzandbirdz.
>Good luck and HAVE FUN! =D

UPDATES

Slots Mini-Game Appeared! - [pg. 2]
Uh oh, afternoon storm! [pg. 5]

Slots game is now closed.
ORP will be locked at 3am EST on Saturday, Oct. 13  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:15 am
[Tag Trainer gang]

Dith stopped in the middle of a little cluster of food stalls, Viktor perched up on his shoulders, and took out his phone. The crowds flowed around him like a stream flowing around a large rock, and he paid the general public about as much attention as said rock would said water. This was not because he was rude and uncaring, but because he really needed to focus on the touchscreen keys; having lost his stylus he had to press them manually, and his big fingers meant that if he wasn’t careful he tended to press two letters at once. With his full attention dedicated to the task however he quickly succeeded into getting his message typed and sent.

To: List – [The gang]
Message: Hi everyone! This is a mass message to let you know I’m at the faire around some food stalls. Anyone want to meet up? I’ll buy doughnuts or something!

Putting his phone back into his pocket Dith started paying attention to his surroundings again. People laughed and chattered together, generally moving around in pairs or larger groups; most of those few by themselves moved with purpose, perhaps on their way to meet with friends. It was a good feeling, a big chaotic mess of humanity moving and shifting together in a crowd that almost seemed a creature itself. Did other people see things like this, or was it just his lofty perspective (hehe) that let him watch the patterns?

Either way it was nice to be a part of; the festival atmosphere fizzed merrily in his blood and relieved some of his worries at least for now. Eat fried foods, and too many sweets, and play those impossible festival games, and maybe ride some rides if he would fit in them. It all gave an excuse to act like a kid, not that Dith (wearing worn jeans and a t-shirt with first generation Starscream striking a pose on it) needed an excuse to act just however the heck he fancied.

Turning his head to the side he offered the espeon on his shoulders a bright grin. “Looks like being a good day, eh?”

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:04 am
[Dith]

"Looks like being an excellent day!" A man with shoulder-length brown hair standing several feet to Dith's left answered. He was wearing an unbuttoned blue short-sleeved shirt over an untucked white long-sleeved shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows. He had faded jeans, a worn pair of boots and a brown messenger bag hanging over his shoulder. He looked pleasantly normal and not at all Rocket-ish. Not that he should.

A pair of Whimsicotts stood beside him, each clinging to a cone of cotton candy with their nubby arms.

Lore was grinning up at Dith in a way that said he knew the comment hadn't been directed at him. Mostly he was just enjoying the break in the tide the large man supplied. Standing in his vicinity, fairgoers were already maneuvering around before they reached him, providing a sort of protected zone several feet around him.

"No insult intended, but are you an attraction? Cause you look like you could lift all kinds of cool stuff over your head."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:22 am
[Lore]

Dith looked down at the (comparatively) little man and cracked a huge grin. "I'm not, no, but I should have thought of volunteering; they might have paid me!" he exclaimed cheerfully, always glad to hear anything other than a variant of boring old 'you're very tall'. "I can lift all sorts of things over my head though; do you think I could find a busking spot and make something out of today anyway?" Still smiling he stepped towards the brown-haired man and extended a huge hand towards him. "Hello, and pleased to meet you friend; my name is Dimitry, but you can call me Dith or Dima if you like. I answer to almost anything in fact; one of my friends will only refer to me as Goldilocks so really it's up to you."

As hurricane Dith hit Lore at force Affable, Viktor studied the pair of grass types accompanying the unfamilar human. After a few moments he gave a soft 'chirr' of greeting and bobbed his head politely to the candy-eating duo.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:10 pm
[Dith]

"Oh I'm sure we could find all sorts of exotic things for you to lob around for cash." Lore chuckled, accepting Dith's imposing handshake, "Loreven! But you can call me Lore, cause Loreven's a ridiculous name and I'm not sure what my parents were thinking."

Cappuccino and Espresso looked up at the espeon observing them. When Viktor 'spoke' Cappuccino waved his cotton candy in response. "Whims".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:14 pm
[Anyone nearby]

Over by the cotton candy stand was a relatively tall, dark blond man in jeans and a t-shirt with a Pichu hanging out on his shoulder. He waited somewhat patiently for the two things of the sugary concoction he had orders: one stick for himself and a small bag for the pokemon on his shoulder.

When the operator of the stand finally returned, Rory looked around for a place to sit. He found a picnic table not too far from an extremely tall man and someone that he thought looked familiar.

He removed the tiny mouse from his shoulder and sat it next to him. Once the Pichu sat down on the table, he handed the little bag to the navy and yellow pokemon.

[The pokemon]

The small black lizard was in love with the scents coming from all of the nearby food stands. He didn't know what was going on or why all the people and pokemon were out and about, but it smelled amazing.

He had followed some people from the desert here but he had lost sight of most of them. The Charmander looked around to see if he recognized anyone or if there was any food laying around that he could grab.

As he scanned the area, he spotted an Espeon and a pair of Whimsicotts. His eyes widened when he seen the treats the pair of pokemon had and quickly made his way over to the trio. When he was close enough, he gave a small 'char' in greeting.

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:35 am
[Tag Lore/Rory]

"Lore," Dith repeated the name and nodded, "Nice! And at least with very different names you always know when people care calling to you, right?" Flexing his shoulders the huge blond grinned and added; "Maybe I can lift willing volunteers or something or maybe reasonably sized Pokémon." There wouldn't be any really massive ones running around in the midst of the crowds anyway, or at least he assumed there wouldn't be.

Spotting another lone stranger nearby Dith offered another smile and nod; he wasn't about to butt in if the guy was busy, but if the young man fancied coming over to say hi that was fine by him.

Another stranger; Viktor bowed his head to the small black fire type. This one seemed friendly too, and all were polite so far which was a major plus in the Espeon's book.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:19 am
[Aulus]

The flight to the fair had been a pleasant one, especially when they flew over the trees with their leaves in a brilliant myriad of yellow, orange and red. Similar (among other) colors dotted the fairgrounds that were quite easy to spot from a mile away, and after the smooth landing Claire returned Odette to her ball, and clipped it to her belt before straightening the thin hoodie she wore. Despite the fair to celebrate (the end of) summer, the air was a little chillier than she liked. Especially while flying.

Their pre-determined first goal was to acquire food - you can't go to a fair and not eat fair food, because really - so Claire reached for Aulus' hand as they set off from the outskirts to the inner portion of the fair, her purple eyes narrowed and her other hand raised to shield them from the sun as she scanned the various food vendors. Most of them sported meat - or french fries - but those weren't exactly an option for Aulus, so... oh! She turned to face him, her finger pointed off to one side. "There's pizza over there! That sound good?"

Zeus, who was currently flopped (as opposed to perched, as most pokemon would), voiced his high opinion of this with a hungry "chuu", his ears perked up at the thought of food. While hungry and seemingly focused on sating that hunger by not moving and waiting for food to come within reach of his mouth, he was scanning the area as well - but not for food. His bright green eyes easily zeroed in on a tall man that stood above the rest of the crowd, despite not doing anything to be so noteworthy, and the less familiar but still recognizable Espeon on his shoulders. The Pikachu did nothing but note their presence - as well as scan the area around the tall blond man for others to look out for.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:33 am
[Claire]

Getting away from base still felt like much more of a treat than it had before Incidents. Aulus was not consciously considering that at the moment, he was just excited to have a day off to spend with Claire at a faire. And that rhymed, which made him grin a little as they landed and he returned Red before letting Tortie out. Today was going to be good; rides, and games, and delicious crap food, and maybe a chance to take some pictures. He was a little sorry he hadn't persuaded Alex to come along, but on the other hand not having to divide his attention between his best friend and his girlfriend was probably a good thing; having just one to focus on was always a lot easier.

Aulus smiled as Claire took his hand, squeezing her fingers gently in a gesture of affection. "Pizza sounds like perfection," he said with a nod, "and something to drink? They'll have some kind of pop - um, soda - no doubt." Or water was an option if he was going to try to be healthy. Aulus considered that for all of a second before dismissing it with an internal snort of amusement; days like this were not days for being conscious of sugars, fats, or how horribly processed things were.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:37 am
[Dith/Jace]

Lore laughed at Dith's suggestions on things to lift, "I dunno, reasonably sized pokemon kind of misses the whole point, doesn't it? They got one of those games with the hammer and the bell here? I'm sure you'd clean up at that."

When the little fire type neared, Cappuccino turned his attention to it. He offered a nod and waved his cotton candy.

Espresso ignored the new arrival cause she was too busy smirking and sticking tufts of pink sugar in her brother's poofy fur.

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:19 pm
[Dith/Lore/Pokemon]

Once the small mouse was settled on the table, happily munching on bits of pink fluff, Rory looked around to take in all of the rides and booths that were set up all around. There were ring toss games that he might try his hand at later, as well as targeting games. Another booth that caught his attention was the strength game; he didn't think he would do too well at it but he would give it a try.

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught someone looking in his direction. He looked around to see who he could have been nodding to before giving him a slight nod in return. Now HE probably could succeed at the strength game, probably way too well from the looks of him. He finished off the rest of what he wanted from the cone and handed the small bit that was left over to the Pichu. He sat the male pokemon down on his feet so he could follow after him.

The grunt went over to the two men that he had spotted and noticed that one of them looked familiar to him. "Hey, either one of you up for a game?" he asked gesturing to the strength test stand.

While his trainer was busy talking to the humans, the small pichu approached the small group of pokemon. He could feel the sugar kicking in as he waved a pink fluff covered paw at the three before offering the pokemon without any candy some from his bag.

The Charmander grinned at one of the Whimsicotts when it waved its candy stick at him and returned the greeting with a wave of a claw. He gave a small chuckle as the other cotton looking pokemon stuck bits of the sugar candy into the fur of the one that waved at him.

When the small Pichu approached and held out his bag of candy to him, the black fire type gave him a nod of thanks and took a small claw full and stuffed it in his mouth. Ahhhhhh so good.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:03 pm
[Anyone nearby + any Pokemon]

Sasha arrived somewhat late to the festival. She must have gotten distracted by something en route, as was her custom. But hey, as far as fun and games were concerned, there was no "late," was there now?

She was wearing her standard white robe with red trim; those strange clothes were basically her off-duty wear. Her notebook was already out and prepared, though she wasn't doing much with it at this point. A reddish-orange Charizard with a scar on his arm followed right behind her, as he was wont to do, and toddling along right behind him were an unusual blue Aron and a blue, flower-like Igglybuff. The Aron was quiet, but the Igglybuff was humming a little song to herself as she waddled.

Sasha stared at the people and attractions around her, unsure of what to do first. "What should I do...?"  

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:47 pm
[Sasha]

"People usually go for the food or cotton candy first," a voice casually said off to Sasha's side.

Seraphine was wearing her favorite pink, lacy dress with matching shoes and purse, all in the same soft pink with black trim, and a black ribbon in her curly hair. She was watching the other girl with a mild curiosity, especially her clothes - her assessment wasn't nearly as critical or harsh as it would have been, say, a year ago, but she still noted the strange taste in fashion. Her pale green eyes shifted from the girl and gave her pokemon a cursory glance before focusing on their trainer once again. "Nice outfit," she said, although it was impossible to tell if she was serious about this or if she were making fun of her, but she left little time to dwell on it. "Are you from around here?"

An invisible pair of eyes watched the scene from above with rapt attention, to ensure nothing bad happened to its mistress.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:28 pm
[Seraphine]

"Oh, well, that's where I was heading, but I wasn't sure which stand exactly to- hm?" It took Sasha till mid-sentence to actually focus on who she was talking to. Well, wasn't this little lady (who are you calling little, Sasha?! You're 4'7"!) fashionable! All color-coordinated and everything! "Oh, um, thanks!" The thanks sounded a little unsteady, as Sasha picked up that she might be being made fun of. Maybe she should have ditched the robe and just worn the shirt and pants... "Well, I'm from all sorts of places. My family has traveled around the world. But for now, I'm from Kodo."  

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:18 am
Lore/Rory/Dith

Well, this was a mistake, surely.
Tambrey had hardly spent any time in her home town since... well, since before she'd gone off to university even and so she felt a little awkward being back.
However, it was her home town and this was something fun to do.
She could... visit home afterward; and be very very careful about what she talked about.
It would be nice to see her mother though.
After the fair.
As this was Palu's home town too, the Pidgeotto was out of her ball, happily alternating between fluttering up and ahead or walking along with Tambrey.

At least there were familiar faces here.
Well, familiar faces from both here Rocket and before.
She'd given a nod or a small wave to a couple of people she recognised, or thought she did, but still felt safer toward other Rockets.

She wandered toward Rory and Lore, raising a hand in greeting, though she didn't know Dith, she was sure she'd at least seen him somewhere before.
Giant people tended to stick in the mind.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff