Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Was the Bible Simply Written By Men?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:53 pm
Was the Bible Simply Written By Men?

[Working link March 28th 2016. Please notify us of broken links.]  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:32 pm
Yes, yes it was. There is no proof of God. There is proof of Jesus sure, but not God.  

Samael KOT

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:46 pm
Samael KOT
Yes, yes it was. There is no proof of God. There is proof of Jesus sure, but not God.
So you claim you have seen all the proof that you have encountered is all the proof there is, and you have decided that it is wrong? You can not logically state that there is no proof unless you have read/seen all proof, and since you can not know all things it is a hopeless claim.

Would you if there was proof be able to accept it were there any proof, given that your presuppositions are in opposition to the existence of God? Would you be able to be objective were you given proof, giving that you have already made up your mind that there is no God? You interpret the evidence based on your world view...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:35 am
Garland-Green
Samael KOT
So you claim you have seen all the proof that you have encountered is all the proof there is, and you have decided that it is wrong? You can not logically state that there is no proof unless you have read/seen all proof, and since you can not know all things it is a hopeless claim.

Would you if there was proof be able to accept it were there any proof, given that your presuppositions are in opposition to the existence of God? Would you be able to be objective were you given proof, giving that you have already made up your mind that there is no God? You interpret the evidence based on your world view...

The weight is on you to prove his existance, that's how logical people think.

Considering all the proofs of God can be explained through other belief systems and the biggest is Jesus's words, yeah.

Jesus might have done some pretty good magick but the fact is that all his "feats" were actually stories stolen from other religions and mythologies that predated christianity and his life.
The bible is written by man.

The "omg god helped me" could easily be explained away from the magick aspects of willpower and positivity, scams, and other mythologies.

For example, when you die and go into a white light, that's heaven right?
No, there are other views like the flow of life and death that one could find in the Tibetan Book of the Dead
Along with a lot of other religions

Don't just tell me "lol instant cure automatically proves the existance of a specific being when it could be a million other things"

I'm agnostic and not atheist. Either way, I've done a lot of research into magicks, kinetics, etc etc are have experience. The majority of people who are christians don't know what the hell they are doing and that's why it's one of the biggest religions in the world. One is born into the church and has to go out of their way to find their own beliefs while those are in them from a young age, so it takes a lot of effort to break away from the garbage.
What's best is when people pray and believe in Christianity and Jesus, yet they don't believe that magick exists. =w=

Either way, it's on you to prove it and you have nothing to prove it.
Heck, someone as simple as say Magneto from Marvel existing could claim they are a God, does it mean they are?

Well I guess, a god is just a term to describe those that you worship really.

"God" might exist but he's not going to be some omnipotent being, if he does exist he is likely just some god who was propagated beyond others, or he doesn't exist at all.  

Samael KOT

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:35 am
Samael KOT
Garland-Green
Samael KOT

Considering all the proofs of God can be explained through other belief systems and the biggest is Jesus's words, yeah.

Jesus might have done some pretty good magick but the fact is that all his "feats" were actually stories stolen from other religions and mythologies that predated christianity and his life.

The "omg god helped me" could easily be explained away from the magick aspects of willpower and positivity, scams, and other mythologies.

For example, when you die and go into a white light, that's heaven right?
No, there are other views like the flow of life and death that one could find in the Tibetan Book of the Dead
Along with a lot of other religions

Don't just tell me "lol instant cure automatically proves the existance of a specific being when it could be a million other things"

I'm agnostic and not atheist. Either way, I've done a lot of research into magicks, kinetics, etc etc are have experience. The majority of people who are christians don't know what the hell they are doing and that's why it's one of the biggest religions in the world. One is born into the church and has to go out of their way to find their own beliefs while those are in them from a young age, so it takes a lot of effort to break away from the garbage.
What's best is when people pray and believe in Christianity and Jesus, yet they don't believe that magick exists. =w=

Heck, someone as simple as say Magneto from Marvel existing could claim they are a God, does it mean they are?

Well I guess, a god is just a term to describe those that you worship really.

"God" might exist but he's not going to be some omnipotent being, if he does exist he is likely just some god who was propagated beyond others, or he doesn't exist at all.

I could never offer any proof that was acceptable to you, because you have already determined that there is no proof that is acceptable to you.
Comparing the idea of an omnipotent, all powerful, just, righteous being (God), to Magneto... Are you serious? Would you worship Magneto simply because he can do something you can't? Do you call people who are better at math then you, God? Want me to do a comparison of God and Magneto? Make a list to show what is required to be God?

As for you being agnostic: It is not how you come off. I am thinking of the comment you made in: My Best Friend's Dad. It seemed more like you had closed off to the possibility of there being a God.

Quote:
The majority of people who are christians don't know what the hell they are doing and that's why it's one of the biggest religions in the world

Where is your proof? If you say that you must feel there is a Christian minority that does know what it is doing? What determines what is right for a Christian to do/believe?

Quote:
I've done a lot of research into magicks, kinetics, etc etc are have experience.
The Bible doesn't deny the existence of tricks. What could appear to be magic. In reality they draw power from forces opposed to God.
As an example:

Exodus 7:10-11
So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the LORD commanded. Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a snake.
Pharaoh then summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts:

Quote:

Proof, references?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:12 am
Samael KOT

Samael KOT

What kind of proof do you want, seeing as you have decided I have no proof?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Samael KOT

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:30 pm
Garland-Green
Samael KOT

Samael KOT

Considering you don't' have solid enough proof to prove it to me, and say it's cuz I don't take wild jumps in the dark so I can't be proven it, means you can't prove it.

People can think they know something exists, for example if youa re home alone, you hear a s**t ton of stuff and are scared of every noise, noises that are typically there but you don't hear.

So yeah, if I blindly believed it maybe I'd be "proven it" but considering I'm a critical thinker who has to experience or have solid proof, yeah, I know it's s**t.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:40 pm

I want to thank you for the articles you post! They help me in my alone time and I also like to show others on Facebook. You're a great encouragement and motivator to me to work on my relationship with God. smile  

Mrs Adam Cartwright

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:58 pm
Samael KOT
Garland-Green
Samael KOT

Samael KOT

Considering you don't' have solid enough proof to prove it to me, and say it's cuz I don't take wild jumps in the dark so I can't be proven it, means you can't prove it.

People can think they know something exists, for example if youa re home alone, you hear a s**t ton of stuff and are scared of every noise, noises that are typically there but you don't hear.

So yeah, if I blindly believed it maybe I'd be "proven it" but considering I'm a critical thinker who has to experience or have solid proof, yeah, I know it's s**t.

It is not critical thinking, but wishful thinking if you exclude evidence based on the ideas you already hold.

I don't take wild jumps in the dark. There is plenty of evidence, but there is no point in me trying to prove anything to someone who has already made up their mind that no proof is sufficient. The error is not with the proof that could be presented, but with your reasoning. I have asked what kind of proof you would like. You have presented to me that no matter what I say you consider yourself superior in your reasoning skills, and all I have to present to you are jumps in the dark. You have decided that I am an irrational believer. All my belief is based on wrong concepts and ideas. It is not a good starting point for you if your intention here was to find evidence that could persuade you? How do your persuade someone not interested in being persuaded? You don't. They have their own free will, and are exercising it. Nothing you say will have an impact.

Quote:

People can also think they have the right answers, but not be in possession of the truth. Having rejected it (light), they live in darkness. Thinking darkness is the light.
Sometimes the sound is what you think it is. smile You do not reject the idea that people can be critical thinkers. How do you feel about some of the greatest scientist, and philosophers being Christians? These people were quite capable in their reasoning skills. You can't claim that they were just imagining things.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:47 pm
Mrs Adam Cartwright

I want to thank you for the articles you post! They help me in my alone time and I also like to show others on Facebook. You're a great encouragement and motivator to me to work on my relationship with God. smile

That was the chief reason I made this guild. ^^ I am very happy if anything I post can help people grow closer to God. Welcome to the guild by the way! =D  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Mrs Adam Cartwright

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:57 pm
Garland-Green
Mrs Adam Cartwright

That was the chief reason I made this guild. ^^ I am very happy if anything I post can help people grow closer to God. Welcome to the guild by the way! =D

Thanks very much!
I look forward to exploring more!  
Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces