Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply The Random Guild
Do I Deserve This? (serious)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anonymous trickster

Devoted Rogue

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:44 pm
ok so we had room inspections in my dorm last wednesday and my roommate and i got a citation because we had a power cord plugged into a power cord plugged and an extension cord plugged into that. well my roommate wasn't there (because her grandmother passed away and left monday night) and we had three days to fix the problem (saturday at noon to be exact) or face serious consequences and pay a fine. she wouldnt be there until sunday night so on thursday i composed an email to her informing her of what was going on and how i planned to fix the problem which was simply to switch our beds and move my electronics over and leave hers there and sent it-or so i thought because after i moved our beds to ensure that we were no longer in violation and so that she could still use her good power cord for herself i get a text from her saying that she was going to report me for touching her stuff and that she was glad she wasnt on campus because of how angry she was at me. i got these text messages after i checked my email to realize it never sent or saved itself and began to retype it. luckily for me i will not be getting in trouble because i explained what was happening to my RA but ever since shes been back shes been rude, thinking the world revolves around her. she wont talk to me and is lying acout me behind my back and is trying to turn my friends against me ( luckily they know me enough and plus they dont believe her). my first problem was that someone who didnt need to be involved got involved and my roommate obviously doesnt trust me. and personally if she did the same action, all i would need to hear is the reason why and if it was for the same reasons, i would have been fine with it because she was thinking for the safety for the two of us. so i wanna know if i deserve being treated like this; i want to know if it is wrong to consider yours and another's safety and needs. i want to know if it is wrong to take action to prevent consequences and possible fines.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:01 pm
Maybe she misunderstood what went on? Try re-explaining everything to her. Tell her if you didn't do that you guys would have ended up with a fine... So you really had no choice unless she wanted to pay it and take the blame?  

Toxic Pepper
Captain

Aquamere
Vice Captain

Versatile Hunter

12,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 pm
she is completely in the wrong and needs think about what happened and how childish she is acting over a misunderstanding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:08 am
thanx guys. whats sux even more is that she is avoiding me and wont reply to any of my texts  

anonymous trickster

Devoted Rogue

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Brandisher 100

urAq7
Crew

Ruthless Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 am
your roommate is completely over reacting. you did what was needed so you guys wouldn't get fined, simple as that. i say just let her chill out and when she's ready to talk she'll come to you.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:23 pm
Your roommate is overreacting, yes. She needed her stuff moved, plain and simple. It's not like you were rummaging through her things looking to take something. If she were there, she would have had to do it anyway, you were saving both you and her a lot of trouble and money. No, you don't deserve to be treated this way, you definitely don't need any validation for that. Sadly, you can't make her trust you, which is definitely a key issue here (though her grandmother passing may have made her more vulnerable and sensitive, which could have aided in the overreaction as well). You can't say anything to her that'll make her stop, you'll have to wait for her to lighten up herself. Having the person you're upset with tell you you shouldn't be never sits well, even if they're in the wrong for acting that way. As long as she isn't doing any damage (good thing your friends aren't as silly as she is), I'm sure you'll be fine. In the end, she is just a roommate, you don't need her to like or trust you, her liking and trust isn't necessary. Just be civil, don't push conversations, just let her be her. Hopefully she'll eventually get over it.

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

IIShadowxd1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:45 pm
Aquamere
she is completely in the wrong and needs think about what happened and how childish she is acting over a misunderstanding

I agree. She Very..  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:09 am
I agree that your roommate is over-reacting. Although you do need to try to keep in mind that she is probably mourning the loss of her grandmother. Mourning can cause all sorts of weird and not-normal behavior. If this doesn't blow over and things continue to get worse, talk to your RA. When I was in college I was able to switch rooms because of a dorm roommate that was very similar to yours. Try to focus on school and your life and let her live hers. Easier said then done, I know.  

Cupcake Baking Princess

7,225 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

kbaby0921

Man-Hungry Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:04 am
anonymous trickster

What everyone has said is true & I fully agree with. I will add that maybe you simply need to give her space & time. I don't know if you two had a strong relationship to begin with, but for now, the best you can do is give her space.
Like someone else said, you can't really make her trust you. She needs to get that back on her own.

What I would do is leave her a final note, handwritten on her desk, or laying on her bed. Or somewhere where it doesn't look like you touched her stuff...maybe placed in an envelop with her name written in big letters tapped to her side of the wall?
Try to re-explain yourself & the situation. Mention that you understand she feels that you violated her stuff and you had no intentions to do so. Let her know that you understand she is upset with you & you want her to forgive her & will give her the space she needs to take the time to forgive you & get trust back.

Until then...there really isn't too much you can do to fix the situation. I do not think you are in the wrong & I honestly would have done the same thing. Roommates can suck at times...but they are great learning experiences at times too. I've had great & totally crappy roommates. I hope your situation gets better somehow.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:01 pm
If that happened to me... ill just put a poster of this in the room top saying OVEREACTING and at the bottom "It's a problem

User Image  

Flame2062

Familiar Grabber

7,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
The Random Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers