Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Atheist Myth: Christianity Was Invented by Paul

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:40 am
Atheist Myth: Christianity Was Invented by Paul, Not Founded by Jesus of Nazareth Unable to identify Vimeo video URL.

[Working link March 28th 2016. Please notify us of broken links.]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:36 am

It's rather funny and somewhat sad how people and the devil try and wedge/sever truth of Salvation of Jesus. Sad because I don't like when people are purposely mislead and lied to and funny because Satan thinks he'll succeed.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:10 am
I have heard "Christianity was invented by Paul" far too many times >_< Although, considering some churches - they tend to take Paul's words to the highest extreme as a "absolute truth" where it was originally only meant to be a certain situation at that time. Some people takes Paul's words too extremely because they don't always understand in the context He was writing in - Roman Philosopher style.

Not sure if Christianity was exactly created by Jesus, but the ideals of Christianity were founded on Jesus Christ and to give ourselves to God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit and to recognize that Jesus is Lord. Although, to me - whoever believes in God, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit with all their heart and study on God's word while keeping in mind how great He is and living by His word are highly capable of being saved, even if they don't call themselves Christian.

As a note when Satan was mentioned in Hamul's post - it gets me thinking, "Why do people want to choose the losing side with Satan? Why not be on the winning side with God? People in life strive so much just to win, but when it comes to beliefs - many choose the losing side and that is one thing I don't get."  
Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games