Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
#%^@in Bad Dog Owners. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pet Ownership should be...
  A right you can never lose
  A Privilage than can be lost and earnt back
  A priviage that is lost and once lost not regainable.
View Results

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:43 pm
So...yeah...today, is yet another not great day. *sighs*

Two dogs, that someone doesnt care to look after and keep in secure property whist they are away, or who knows even when they are there.

Well today they came on our property, and broke into out rabbit run, pulling out rocky and smashing one of his back legs. If you know anything about rabit physiology its that back legs and hips are part of a solid system which gives them their jumping power. If it was just a break in the lower leg it could have been fixed, but since basically the joint at the hip was broken as well. He would have never been able to jump or move around again. So sadly we had to let him move on.

I didnt see the attack, though I wish I could have, so I could have photoed the dogs. Mum and dad did, and reported it to the counsilman who came and looked at it. But without more info we cant identify where they live, so now we are on the look out for them, and I will try and get some pics when the roam again, since they do often.

I dont hold it against the dogs, but the owners. Animal ownership should not be a right but a privilage, one that can be lost if you make certain mistakes. In NZ there are pretty strict laws about keeping dogs under control, not letting them roam, and animal attacks. And if they attack once and draw blood most likly they will again...and sadly attacks on kids arent totally uncommon. Which is why its sad, but the dogs once caught will probally have to be destroyed to. Again I dont blame the dogs but their owners.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rocky.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

His run.

As you can see from the above pic (vaugly), although he was in his run during they day time. At night he came inside and would run around for a couple hours, before returning to his run for sleep (the run stayed inside over night). What Im saying is, he wasnt just a typical cage rabbit he ran around, he had a personality, he picked on the cats etc.

So yeah basically, RIP rocky...and control your pets.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:22 pm
The farmer in me asks. Did u make stew?

I sorry. We had to shoot a police in training dog for killing ours way back when. Got permission from owners coz which was a sherrif. The guy learnt his lesson caus the dog was 2k. Also I was small n who knows if the dog would have attacked me too  

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:19 pm
I dont like the taste of rabbit, its too gamey.

Yeah I wouldnt shoot a dog, but then I know how to bail and pin large dogs. I would then call the counsol, have it go through legal measures and have th dog humanly put down. Because again, I dont blame the dog, I blame the owners.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:26 pm
Poor bunny...and in a way, poor dogs too. I'm reminded of a quote, but to paraphrase, neglectful owners make for wild acting animals.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:53 am
GoldDiggingWhore
Poor bunny...and in a way, poor dogs too. I'm reminded of a quote, but to paraphrase, neglectful owners make for wild acting animals.

All animals have the potential to act unpredictably, or agressivly, its the owners responsibility to either control or properally train the animal.

Like pitbulls are sweet dogs if raised with the right ammount of tough love.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:36 pm
BlueCowGirl

I sorry. We had to shoot a police in training dog for killing ours way back when. Got permission from owners coz which was a sherrif. The guy learnt his lesson caus the dog was 2k. Also I was small n who knows if the dog would have attacked me too

My fiance has a pet rabbit stare  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:58 pm
Clover_IceQueen
BlueCowGirl

*giggles* this is funny because Dani has 3? pet rabbits XD

But there is a difference between pet rabbits and wild ones. NZ has a MASSIVE wild rabbit population and they are destructive to farming in major ways (Also they are not native and therefore are a invasive pest here), and as such I have no issue (and support) killing of all wild rabbits (In a humane way as possible). Still I support rabbits as pets, and pet varietys are very different to the wild type. Although the rabbits in the states are different, I believe dani feels a similar way.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:03 pm
Sagebomb
Clover_IceQueen
BlueCowGirl

*giggles* this is funny because Dani has 3? pet rabbits XD

But there is a difference between pet rabbits and wild ones. NZ has a MASSIVE wild rabbit population and they are destructive to farming in major ways (Also they are not native and therefore are a invasive pest here), and as such I have no issue (and support) killing of all wild rabbits (In a humane way as possible). Still I support rabbits as pets, and pet varietys are very different to the wild type. Although the rabbits in the states are different, I believe dani feels a similar way.

I don't support eating rabbits, wild or domestic.  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:14 pm
Clover_IceQueen

So in places where rabbits are a pest and must "have thier numbers controlled" what do you propose is better to do with the meat that make use of it?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:56 pm
Sagebomb
Clover_IceQueen

So in places where rabbits are a pest and must "have thier numbers controlled" what do you propose is better to do with the meat that make use of it?

NOT KILL  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:08 pm
Sagebomb

Well, you could make a meat dragon? I mean, it's not orphan meat, but it might do.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:49 pm
Clover_IceQueen
Sagebomb
Clover_IceQueen

NOT KILL

So you propose that invasive and pest species should just be left alone?

Farmers deserve to lose thier crops, and people buying food should be willing to pay more than 10 times as much for food because its thier fault that the levels got that high?  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 pm
Sagebomb
Clover_IceQueen
Sagebomb
Clover_IceQueen

NOT KILL

So you propose that invasive and pest species should just be left alone?

Farmers deserve to lose thier crops, and people buying food should be willing to pay more than 10 times as much for food because its thier fault that the levels got that high?

What's your problem? I like rabbits. I'm not trying to end the world lol  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:41 pm
Clover_IceQueen

the problem is I live in the real world and have studied invasive species biology.

And I know the economic impacts

"It has been estimated that in California alone, invasive pests cost this state at least $3 billion a year! A recent analysis by the California Invasive Plant Council (Spring 2009) indicates that weeds alone cost California at least $82 million per year. Some estimates suggest that invasive species cost the USA $138 billion per year" -CISR.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:57 pm
Sagebomb
Clover_IceQueen

the problem is I live in the real world and have studied invasive species biology.

And I know the economic impacts

"It has been estimated that in California alone, invasive pests cost this state at least $3 billion a year! A recent analysis by the California Invasive Plant Council (Spring 2009) indicates that weeds alone cost California at least $82 million per year. Some estimates suggest that invasive species cost the USA $138 billion per year" -CISR.

Good for you.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces