Welcome to Gaia! ::

Uriah Galleries

Back to Guilds

Photo gallery of Jonathan Uriah Denney 

Tags: Photography, Uriah Galleries, Gallery, Photo, Guild 

Reply Photography Discussion
What gear (camera, lighting, etc.) do you use?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scelestic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:27 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
That's me & the 40D with the 70-200mm. Also wearing the fashionable lowepro belt haha. I have 3 lens pockets on it so I can carry 3 different lenses.

I have several lenses but I typically use my 10-22mm 50mm and 70-200mm.

My new main camera:

In the studio we use alienbees B400s.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:01 pm
Well...I don't have any photos of my stuff lol. There are probably some floating around somewhere that someone else took but...yeah...

Currently I have a 1D Mk II and a 60D. I'm hoping to get the 6D though this December. HOPEFULLY. lol

And then a few lenses...

24mm
50mm
85mm
70-200mm
100-400mm

&

Speedlite 580EX II

But I also shoot like, everything, so it's in my best interest to have a range of lenses...Not necessarily by choice, though. I work for a university newspaper...

And then I have an Alien Bee strobe and a few hotlights. Still saving up for another one and the ring flash just because ring flashes are fun. lol

I really want an ultrawide as well. Saving up for the Canon 14mm f2.8L. Apparently it has very little distortion and is sharper than the 16-35mm.  

Deice

scelestic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:25 am
Im looking at the 85mm as my next lens. What do you think of it? The mp count on the 1d mark2 is unfortunent. I love making large prints and my 10mp was barely able to hold up at 24" wide. I am looking forward to the better quality 5d.

Deice
Well...I don't have any photos of my stuff lol. There are probably some floating around somewhere that someone else took but...yeah...

Currently I have a 1D Mk II and a 60D. I'm hoping to get the 6D though this December. HOPEFULLY. lol

And then a few lenses...

24mm
50mm
85mm
70-200mm
100-400mm

&

Speedlite 580EX II

But I also shoot like, everything, so it's in my best interest to have a range of lenses...Not necessarily by choice, though. I work for a university newspaper...

And then I have an Alien Bee strobe and a few hotlights. Still saving up for another one and the ring flash just because ring flashes are fun. lol

I really want an ultrawide as well. Saving up for the Canon 14mm f2.8L. Apparently it has very little distortion and is sharper than the 16-35mm.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:41 am
scelestic
Im looking at the 85mm as my next lens. What do you think of it? The mp count on the 1d mark2 is unfortunent. I love making large prints and my 10mp was barely able to hold up at 24" wide. I am looking forward to the better quality 5d.

Deice

And then a few lenses...

24mm
50mm
85mm
70-200mm
100-400mm

&

Speedlite 580EX II

Yeah, the 1D does have a low count, but I mostly use it for sports and portraits. It seems to have much better overall tones than the 60D. They're more authentic and filmlike.

The 85mm f/1.8 is wonderful. At f/1.8 it's tack sharp and it just gets sharper from there. And the autofocus is fast so shooting indoor sports with it is no problem. I kind of want the f/1.2 version, though, as well because it's apparently just as sharp (maybe a little softer at f/1.2) and has that creamy look to the photos.

I prefer the 85mm for portraits as opposed to the 70-200mm most of the time.  

Deice

Yuki-Tan5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:23 pm
I have a canon rebel XS as my first camera that can change lenses.
I have a 35mm-50mm
74mm-300mm
and fisheye lens.
Then I also have a flash that goes on top of my camera.  
Photography Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games