Welcome to Gaia! ::

Depthless Imagination

Back to Guilds

semi-literate minimum roleplay and forum discussions (anime, literature, videogames, art, etc.) Looking for role players and ideas!! 

Tags: role play, fantasy, sci-fi, anime, vampire 

Reply Chatter Box: For Threads That Don't Fall Into The Other Forums
Character discussion Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:42 am
What are some odd character abilities you have developed?

What about odd personalities?

One character I thought of is a person who can change the dimension (basically) to alter his actions so as logn as he is capable of doing an action when an action is taken against him, as long as he knows he is capable of doing it and is prepared he can do that action in literally 0.001 seconds time, almost instantaneously, because its so fast it causes alot of force to be used, but he can be slower than that if he wants if he isnt in a vital situation. He can even do that multiple times in the same instant as if he had multiple left arms or such, as long as his arms can bend that way first, from the stance(s) he is in.

Then I have another character that knows the outcomes of all nearby events from the interaction of the particles based on past particles within a distance from himself, if he is exposed enough to feel enough of the oxygen molecules vibrating against himself properly or something, but most he has to do is breath most of the time to figure out whats going on. But he has only the physical capabilities of an athlete, and has to deal with enemies that are unworldly or stronger than human.

Neither of those are main characters. Then I have one character who would constantly break the 4th wall lol, make references to the anime or book they are in and such, and his awareness is he can physically perceive(and think) like 1,000 times faster than any other human, and eventually can move almost that fast, can break the laws of physics accidently, is a humorous character, has alot of issues, is very random.

The first character I mentioned um, he can for example also control some electromagnetism electricity and such forces, and he is ancient pretty much. He teaches the protagonist whom I didnt mention yet.

The story starts off scifi and mystery and ends fantasy and philosophically. I suppose.

Thoughts? share characters?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:02 pm
Let's see... Unusual characters and powers...

I have an Assassin immune to the Pieces of Eden (but lacking the Eagle Vision he should have), a ninja who can see several seconds into the future (once in a while, badly straining himself), one Jedi with heightened awareness of the flow of the Force, another who can see auras, Egyptian God, a amnesiac vampire hunter who doesn't know he's immortal, a mutant with a super brain, and a pretty basic Mage (who tends to argue with his conjured Dremora Razzine fairly often)...

I've also played Charles Xavier and the Meta Knight. Interdimensional Cape for the win!

As for personalities, my characters mostly tend to be severely emotionally stunted, overly dedicated, and with multiple personalities, or something to a similar effect.

Edit: This thread probably belongs in the chatterbox, if any mods wanna move it.  

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:45 am
Kay9214

I have an Assassin immune to the Pieces of Eden (but lacking the Eagle Vision he should have), a ninja who can see several seconds into the future (once in a while, badly straining himself), one Jedi with heightened awareness of the flow of the Force, another who can see auras, Egyptian God, a amnesiac vampire hunter who doesn't know he's immortal, a mutant with a super brain, and a pretty basic Mage (who tends to argue with his conjured Dremora Razzine fairly often)...

I've also played Charles Xavier and the Meta Knight. Interdimensional Cape for the win!

As for personalities, my characters mostly tend to be severely emotionally stunted, overly dedicated, and with multiple personalities, or something to a similar effect.

Edit: This thread probably belongs in the chatterbox, if any mods wanna move it.
I'd prefer something in depth. More detailed, specific. And wolverine is immortal and has amnesia, so Im not going to agree that those are too unusual.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:51 am
We Are Organisms
Kay9214

I'd prefer something in depth. More detailed, specific. And wolverine is immortal and has amnesia, so Im not going to agree that those are too unusual.

Oh I'm sorry! Were you looking for another character for an RP? Or maybe...

Okay, now I'm confused... sweatdrop  

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:53 am
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214

Well I wanted more like a character analysis of your most unique characters, not a list.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:01 am
We Are Organisms
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214

Well I wanted more like a character analysis of your most unique characters, not a list.

Derp... I must be a little slow this morning... sweatdrop

I get all self-conscious with stuff like this... Are there any listed you'd like to know about?  

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:03 am
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214

I get all self-conscious with stuff like this... Are there any listed you'd like to know about?
You could explain the pieces of eden, and the mutant with a superbrain. I guess.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:16 am
We Are Organisms
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214

You could explain the pieces of eden, and the mutant with a superbrain. I guess.

Are you familiar with Assassin's Creed?

-----

My Mutant never really got fleshed out as a character, but his powers always interested me... The electrical impulses in his brain move at a higher speed than a normal person's, his mind stores and recalls memories extremely well, and his mind functions in a very structured way. If he's heard it, he knows it, total recall. He could listen to an instructional tape and pick up an entire language in a few hours. He could recite word for word, every conversation he's had in his entire life. He can also process an environment in extraordinary ways, performing feats of impossible luck and accuracy, or even causing a chain of events from a small action. Although, he doesn't technically have senses that are particularly heightened, he perceives practically instantly. Flip a coin and he can call it in the air, every time...

Of his character that developed, he was leaning towards the standard 'outcast' life of XMen mutants, although, his powers could remain hidden indefinitely... It was more of his own disillusion with the world as a whole... He didn't feel that mutants and humans were different, that the whole conflict was just another stupid fight over meaningless differences like so many before it in human history... Eventually, he joined Professor X's academy, in hopes of doing, really anything about it... Then... The RP petered out.  

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:14 am
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214

-----

My Mutant never really got fleshed out as a character, but his powers always interested me... The electrical impulses in his brain move at a higher speed than a normal person's, his mind stores and recalls memories extremely well, and his mind functions in a very structured way. If he's heard it, he knows it, total recall. He could listen to an instructional tape and pick up an entire language in a few hours. He could recite word for word, every conversation he's had in his entire life. He can also process an environment in extraordinary ways, performing feats of impossible luck and accuracy, or even causing a chain of events from a small action. Although, he doesn't technically have senses that are particularly heightened, he perceives practically instantly. Flip a coin and he can call it in the air, every time...

Of his character that developed, he was leaning towards the standard 'outcast' life of XMen mutants, although, his powers could remain hidden indefinitely... It was more of his own disillusion with the world as a whole... He didn't feel that mutants and humans were different, that the whole conflict was just another stupid fight over meaningless differences like so many before it in human history... Eventually, he joined Professor X's academy, in hopes of doing, really anything about it... Then... The RP petered out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-xl7_hdWZo http://www.news-medical.net/news/2004/06/03/2154.aspx  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 am
We Are Organisms
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214

-----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-xl7_hdWZo http://www.news-medical.net/news/2004/06/03/2154.aspx

That's what makes it so great, it's only a slight exaggeration on what is already possible. Like, that one guy who memorized like, a hundred decks of cards looking through them once, then recited them all and got less than ten cards wrong. It's amazing.

My memories only seem to last a day and a half these days... D:  

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 am
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214

-----

That's what makes it so great, it's only a slight exaggeration on what is already possible. Like, that one guy who memorized like, a hundred decks of cards looking through them once, then recited them all and got less than ten cards wrong. It's amazing.

actually understand the video, dont be amazed but understand it, same with the link. He memorized 10 decks of cards and got them all correct. He even says his brain is normal but hsi technique is what makes him remember stuff. In other words, you can remember s**t too. And its got to do with effort as well, dont expect it to come for free.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:36 am
We Are Organisms
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214
We Are Organisms
Kay9214

-----

actually understand the video, dont be amazed but understand it, same with the link. He memorized 10 decks of cards and got them all correct. He even says his brain is normal but hsi technique is what makes him remember stuff. In other words, you can remember s**t too. And its got to do with effort as well, dont expect it to come for free.

I understand just fine (although, I'm currently in a History Lecture, so I didn't watch the video). The human mind is capable of a great deal, to the point where even the most farfetched fantasies are only just out of reach. Although, there are cases of medical phenomenon resulting in unusual memories, most exceptional people (in regards to memory) do in fact have to work at it.  

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

Darth Ghranna
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Genius

14,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:31 pm
This is a great thread but discussion threads that don't go into other forums (anime/manga, literature, creativity or video games) go here. That said I look forward to more good threads from you.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:08 pm
Well one of my favorite characters right now is the "demon god of madness" and is a very good joke character. Its great because while he does have a near limitless amount of power, instead of using that for cliche world domination/destruction plots, he just uses his power to screw with people, like flipping all the character's genders, or making them wear silly outfits for a day. Plus despite being an "evil" character, he randomly switched from the good side to the bad depending on his motives/boredom. I enjoy it because it allows me to inject some good comedy into storylines and interactions he's in, without it being contrived. Also I believe its a good way to play a god character without god modding, as most of his actions are either harmless, or beneficial to the main cast.

Also I have another character who is cursed to randomly switch genders, which allows for some fun shenangins aswell as drama. I originally intended them to just awkwardly reveal themselves to the cast a few days into the rp, but after he/she switched one of the characters mistook him for his other form's brother, so I kinda ran with the idea of him/her keeping up a facade that they were actually a pair of siblings that by coincidence were never at the same place at the same time. It was actually pretty fun coming up with increasingly ridicolous excuses and explanations, having them constantly slip up about things they should or shouldn't know in their current form, and throwing in awkwardly timed gender switches.

Another is a character who is the sealed incarnation of Yammato No Orochi (creatively named Orochi), who's sealed in a child's body. He spent most of the rp as a creepy child trying to find a way to unseal himself, about half an hour actually unsealed, and then was resealed again and had his mind wiped so he actually believes he's a normal child. And unlike other characters who get their powers "sealed" only to have them back again in ten minutes, I have kept playing him as a normal timid child for like half a year now, with no plans to have him regain his memories or anything. I'm a big believer of permanent consequences. I mean obviously he can't just restore himself, and none of the other characters are in a rush to bring him back to his evil side, so it doesn't make sense to come up with some random excuse to have him return to normal.

Another odd character I have, and another favorite, is a normal human kid in a supernatural setted rp. His main equalizer for all the supernatural stuff is a sword that allows him to manipulate energy, but without it he's completely harmless. Also he's very "feminine" in his personality. Not like metrosexual feminine, but he prefers what are normally considered feminine hobbies: cooking, cleaning, sewing, gardening, and refers to himself as the "wife" of his relationships, especially when paired with tomboys. He also happens to be an incarnation of a demon, but until that power unlocks he's just a normal human, and doesn't even know about it (that aspect is a bit more generic of anime characters, but its downplayed for the most part as he never "goes beserk" as it is except for like one time). Plus I love that in an rp were everyone makes themselves super strong vampires, and werewolves, and sons and daughters of "the ultimate demon lord" they're just this average guy who likes to cook and happens to be more fleshed out than all of them, plus its really jarring when that guy suddenly turns demon and kicks everyone's a**.

a few quick ones are a cross dressing pop idol, A female spider demon who runs a school gang, snake demons up the whazoo (Snake demons are my preferred race to make in rps. Its kind of my answer to the over used vampires, werewolves, and nekos), an Oni character with an irish accent that gets drinks all the time (ironically he's actualy one of my most fleshed out characters, which is odd considering the stereotypical premise), and an overly sarcastic and pessimistic zombie samurai.

For the most part I like to play atypical or unique characters. I especially like using races that aren't usually used, as I play alot of supernatural rp's. Also for me its not really about being powerful, so much as interesting. I don't really need them to be super powerful or a jack of all trades, as my philosophy is that, especially in group rps, every character should have something that makes them useful to the group, without being an all purpose tool, because if your character can solve any problem, then the other characters become inconsequential. For that purpose more often than not I'll actually play less competent characters, who happen to be really good at one or two things, instead of ones with super duper awesome powers, and if I do I usually leave it to a single super duper awesome power.  

pdragon619

Quotable Poster

coldsunset

Hygienic Explorer

10,000 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:07 am
I am part deer.. I spit acid at my enemies ..  
Chatter Box: For Threads That Don't Fall Into The Other Forums

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff