Submit

Have a coffee with me

Beloved Bunny

8,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:46 pm
I'm trying to think of what I want for Christmas and I'm torn between getting a 3DS or a WiiU... Which one should I go for? confused  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:21 pm
WiiU is the hot new item, but 3DS already has an established library. If you have the original I wouldn't upgrade, but if you don't I might just get it. There's also some great holiday deals on 3DS which you won't find for the wii-U, but that probably isn't even a factor in your choice.

Try to think of what games you want for either system and how much use you'll get out of either.

I like to get a backlog of good games so I can just perpetually buy good games at heavy discounts.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:27 pm
I always hated the kids who got what they asked for at Christmas. Smug pricks.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 am
3DS, and it's no contest. The Wii U needs a year to mature.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:17 am
3DS.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:34 am
Like Kegan said, do you have the original 3DS already? If so, it might not be worth upgrading when you could get a new home console. That said, if you don't have a 3DS or the Wii U, I'd go for the 3DS simply to have more games to play. The Wii U is a blast, especially with Nintendo Land, but that's mostly if you have others to play it with.

BUT if you're going to be getting one or the other for Christmas, go for the Wii U and save up for an XL. That's a price difference of $150. Good games are [scheduled to be] coming out for each in the first half of next year; Pikmin 3 and Animal Crossing New Leaf are the two I'm most excited for, so look to see what games you'd be missing out on, too.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Have a coffee with me

Beloved Bunny

8,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:36 pm
Meta_Fish
Like Kegan said, do you have the original 3DS already? If so, it might not be worth upgrading when you could get a new home console. That said, if you don't have a 3DS or the Wii U, I'd go for the 3DS simply to have more games to play. The Wii U is a blast, especially with Nintendo Land, but that's mostly if you have others to play it with.

BUT if you're going to be getting one or the other for Christmas, go for the Wii U and save up for an XL. That's a price difference of $150. Good games are [scheduled to be] coming out for each in the first half of next year; Pikmin 3 and Animal Crossing New Leaf are the two I'm most excited for, so look to see what games you'd be missing out on, too.

I don't have a 3DS but now that I've looked at the release dates for the games that I wanted to play on the Wii U I think I'm going to get it next year, thanks for the advice! 3nodding  
Social Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games