Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:15 pm
Epona tossed her head with a snort as Abigail's heels gently nudged her sides, and the hornless Rapidash set off at an easy walk away from the city. With a smile, the woman reached a gloved hand down to stroke the fire-type's neck briefly, her eyes flicking down to glance at the top of the Rapidash's head. "How about a nice run, hm?" She'd worn pants today instead of her usual preference for dresses or skirts, mostly because she knew she'd be riding, and riding in a dress or a skirt was... difficult at best. Especially if you wanted to go fast.

The Rapidash tossed her head again with a soft nicker of agreement before setting off into a trot, and shortly thereafter into a smooth canter. Abigail gathered the reins up into her hands a bit more and dug her heels into the stirrups more to keep her balance, but overall she wasn't doing too badly. Thankfully Epona wasn't going as fast as she could, of course; the woman was still new to riding. A couple of months had sufficed to teach her the basics, but she still needed practice to get the experience needed to feel more comfortable atop her still-new Rapidash. Despite living for about twenty years on a continent on which they were relatively common, Abigail had never owned nor ridden one in her life. Funny how things like that worked out.

A strange, rhythmic noise from among the trees caused Epona's ears to swivel and she turned her head slightly, quickly slowing down to a trot and then a walk. Her abruptness caused Abigail to pitch forward slightly, but luckily she caught herself and ended up with one hand firmly on the Rapidash's crest, nestled in the warm flames of her neck. She opened her mouth to speak, but she too heard the curious noise. She thought she knew what the sound was, but she did like to make sure of things. "Come on, let's go check it out," she said to her mount as she gently pulled the reins in that direction. Epona needed hardly any direction, having already started to head in that direction anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:33 pm
The noise would turn out to be the periodic but continuous "thok" of an axe striking wood. It would be coming from a cottage that was located just outside of the city, and nestled in the forest. A young man with long black hair, tied back, was the one wielding the axe. And rather expertly at that. His arms easily swinging the bladed tool over his head and bringing it down with precision upon the wood as he chopped and split the pieces.

He already had a decent pile of firewood stacked nearby. And when he needed another piece, an Arcanine sat another down for him. A Growlithe would then take the split pieces and put them on the pile. They were quite the team.

Yuri had started the task having removed his over shirt and rolled up his sleeves. But the day was a pleasantly warm one for this time of year and as he worked up a sweat, removed his other shirt as well. The clothing and his sword were hanging from a fence post nearby.

Upon the approach of the lady an her horse, the ears of both dogs pricked up and Yuri paused to look over his shoulder.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:08 pm
Epona halted near the line of trees not too far off from the man and the pair of fire-types, snorting lightly as she did so, and awaited her next command. Abigail was studying the young man - for he was younger than her, obviously - and more than him she studied the fire dogs. The Growlithe appeared to have gotten into a serious altercation at some point in his life, while the Arcanine had a curious adornment attached to one leg. Both of them had beautiful coloring, in her opinion.

Suddenly she realized that while he had noticed her, he hadn't said anything. It made her feel kind of awkward, but maybe she should have said something first? Maybe he was waiting for her to say something? Well, if nothing else, she could at least give him that. "Hello," she said politely. "That's a wonderful pair of dogs you have there." On second thought she probably should have said something along the lines of 'I hope I'm not trespassing' or even asked him what his name was and given hers, but for an ex-breeder, pokemon were always the first thing she noticed. Or if not that, then at least the main thing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:31 am
At first Yuri thought that this lady might be related to or know the one that lived here, but it seemed she was just a curious passerby. Deciding to take a break, Yuri flipped the axe once, caught it again by the handle and let it rest on his shoulder.

Glancing at the dogs, he put his other hand on his hip and gave the lady a crooked smile. "Thanks. Your Rapidash isn't bad either." Rapidash were at least a Pokemon he saw fairly often in Devoirue, so he at least knew what they were and could appreciate it.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:50 pm
If Abigail was impressed by his axe-flipping skills, she gave absolutely no indication. In fact, she seemed to still be looking at his fire-types. The compliment - or sort-of compliment - to Epona made her brighten a bit and she patted the side of the horse's neck affectionately. "Thank you. She was a gift," she offered, in preparation for her next question, "Where did you get yours? They have such interesting coats, especially your Arcanine." Company was always much more interesting when there were pretty pokemon to look at.

She suddenly realized something, and a slight blush crept into her cheeks. "My name is Abigail by the way. Sorry for just wandering over - I'm not trespassing, am I?" Probably should have made sure of that before bringing her fire horse over into his territory, but oh well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:59 pm
"Naw, but it's not actually my property anyway. The name's Yuri Lowell and uh..." He passed a side glance over to Repede, who wuffed at him and sat. Yuri heaved a dramatic sigh and looked over at Abigail again.

"The short scruffy one's Repede. We've been partners for a few years now. Got 'im back when I was in the military. And this one's... um..."

Actually he hadn't even given the Arcanine a name. The dog wasn't really his anyway he just kinda... showed up now and then. Yuri then glanced down at the chain on the dog's foot, and suddenly an idea struck him. "... Link."

The Arcanine tilted his head at this, then looked at Abigail and gave a deep bark as well. Yuri smirked. "Yeah that's it... I guess you could say we just see eye to eye. Just found 'im one day." ... Sort of.

"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:20 pm
"It's not?" Abigail seemed surprised at this bit of knowledge, but quickly made her own assumptions. Why else would a young man be shirtless and chopping wood outside a house that wasn't his own? "Are you getting firewood for whoever lives here, then?" What a sweet thing to do!

Oh, wait, names. She nodded at his, attempting to commit it to memory, as well as his two fire-types. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Yuri, Repede and Link." She really, really wanted to get down off Epona so she could go pet both canines, but moreso so she could study their compositions and their coats and as much as she could in a brief time. Being a breeder for so many years kind of did that to you, but especially with the species she focused on. Now if he had any Buneary or Lopunny, she would've dismounted and ran over to see them ages ago. She never bred Growlithe, although she did seriously consider it a few times.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:27 pm
"Yep. There's an old lady that lives here, and I offered to cut it for her."

"Who you calling old, young man?" This coming from the gravely voice of an elderly lady as she stepped out of the house with a couple glasses of water. Although her voice was jovial enough to show that she hadn't been offended in the least.

Yuri turned with a grin, accepting the glass as it was handed to him. The other was then offered to Abigail. "It's not often I have visitors all the way out here. So I was more than happy to have an able bodied boy chop my wood for me. Speaking of which, here."

The lady then offered a wad of cash to Yuri, at which point, the man blinked. "Whoa whoa, grandma, I can't accept that much."

"You can, and you will." With that she stuffed the cash into his back pocket, and Yuri jumped slightly. "Hey!"

"So what brings you out here, my dear?" This question directed at Abigail.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:28 pm
"How sweet of you!" She said sincerely, offering Yuri a bright smile.

Abigail carefully slid off Epona as the elder woman exited her house, and she gratefully accepted the water with a polite "thank you" even though she wasn't very thirsty - she wasn't about to be rude and not take it - and chuckled as Yuri was paid rather unceremoniously.

She took a few sips of her water as the older woman walked over, and the former breeder offered her a smile. "I was just traveling from Camphoreon back to my home in Sandalwood," she explained, gesturing towards her Rapidash. "It's such a lovely and scenic route."

Epona watched her owner a bit before turning to look at the pair of fire types, and bobbed her head in greeting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:59 pm
Yeah those old ladies, you had to watch out for them. Yuri knew a few back in the lower quarter as well, and they liked to tease him in similar manner. Thus it didn't really bother them any. If anything, it was pretty funny. While the lady spoke with Abigail, Yuri gulped down his water then went and picked up his clothes. Slipping them on, but still leaving the front undone as he picked up his sword. It would get dark before too long, and there wasn't enough time to finish the rest of the wood. He would just have to come back later.

"I see, I see," the old lady replied. "Well then I won't keep you. That's a long ride, and I'm sure you want to get there before the sun sets." She then turned to the young man behind her. "Yuri, I expect to see you tomorrow morning to finish that wood!"

Yuri chuckled, "Yes ma'am."

Link meanwhile had meandered over towards Abigail's Rapidash once she had dismounted. The large Arcanine sniffing towards the other fire Pokemon and wuffing his returned greeting.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:11 pm
Abigail smiled before she took a few more sips of her water. "Yes, that would be nice - but if I'm a little late, I'm not terribly worried." Epona acted as a personal heater and light source, anyway. Oh yes, she would be perfectly fine. She couldn't help but chuckle lightly at the old woman's words to Yuri.

Epona leaned her nose forward to inhale Link's scent, and once satisfied she straightened up, her ears perked forward as she nickered a more polite greeting. She didn't meet many Arcanine or Growlithe. Saw a lot of bunnies though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:58 pm
"Ah, well then. You're welcome to stay as long as you like." The old lady said with a smile. "I don't get visitors very often." She then took back Yuri's glass now that he was done with it.

Now zipping up the front of his shirt, about halfway, he then tied the sash around his waist. Once again completing his Grande Ilian attire.

Whatever Epona had said, it caused Link's lips to pull back in a big doggy grin. The Arcanine panting happily with his tongue hanging out a little bit. He then gave a short bark in reply.

Repede approached the other two Pokemon as well, wuffing his own greeting and sitting near the feet of the two much larger Pokemon.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:09 am
"Thank you," Abigail said with a bright smile after finishing her glass of water. "That's very kind of you." What a sweet old lady. "You're very lucky to have such a strong young man come chop so much firewood for you," she added.

Epona snorted lightly at Link's bark, and when Repede approached she lowered her head to whuff at him as well. Once satisfied, she nickered a soft greeting to him too, ears still perked forward. She liked meeting others. The fact they were both fire-types probably helped a bit too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:51 am
"Oh yes," the old lady agreed while reaching for Yuri.

"Hrk!" the young man getting his face pulled down closer to the lady's level as she pinched his cheek, one eye squeezed shut.

"He's quite the adorable one too," she continued.

"Oooow, hey, c'mon..." he whined, until she finally let go with a laugh, leaving him to rub his face a bit indignantly.

Repede was satisfied as well, and turned to look back at Yuri when he made his complaints. An amused doggy grin on the Growlithe's face.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:42 am
Epona whinnied softly in amusement at Yuri's predicament.

The woman couldn't help but laugh lightly as well, though she reached a hand up to cover her mouth as she did so to try and hide it. Once the old lady was finished, Abigail offered her empty glass to her with another "thank you."

Then she noticed Yuri's clothes, and she got curious. "Are you from Grand Ile, by any chance?" His clothes certainly looked like they were, at any rate.

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff