Holiday is here! what will you pay?
  0 lol
  4.99 sounds fair
  7.99 i want it now!
  i already paid 10$
View Results

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:19 pm
i got it recently, tf2 sounded boring but i wanted something minecraftish (been wanting something minecraftish for a long time actually) and i saw this come up on the steam store. intrested i went and watched some video. only 4 classes, each one can kinda be built the way you want and from the looks of it there will be more content released later.

store page http://store.steampowered.com/app/224540/

gameplay: it looks and feels exactly what you'd expect, minecraft with touches of TF2, as a soldier you can blow enemies away or lay down suppressive fire with a mini gun, or just blow enemies up with a well placed rocket shot, as a marksmen you can lay mines and keep enemies at a safe distance by shooting them in the head. rocketeers can get up nice and high with their jet packs and shoot people down with their SMGs and turrets. but miners, miners are the most interesting class to me, dig tunnels through the level itself for your allies or to elude your enemies, lay timed bombs to blow up enemy defensive walls or severely altar the map by taking down a tower with a full stock of timed bombs. need a tunnel now? try the drill gun! makes a nice 3x3 tunnel through anything! ascending, descending, straight, you name it and its possible.

everyone can also build their own unique structures to aid themselves and allies. make your own sniper tower, or build a bunker tunnel meant to kill your enemies. and pending on the game mode you might find yourself often using this ability or not pending on what your playing.

the game modes.

so far only ones i've played are zombie, TDM, and king of the hill.

the kind of the hill in this has a nice twist, once a hill location is depleted, an airstrike is called on that location and part of the surrounding area. its your choice to either try and survive it or flee. either way the hill will be at a new location by this point.

TDM or team deathmatch, pretty standard kill each other till the timer hits null, still pretty fun.

ZOMBIE!
this i didn't get to play extensively (only had like 3 people on the server and i was always the zombie) but even with few numbers it was pretty fun. star of the round a player is made into a zombie which is a class of its own with its own set of abilities, it can even build necrotic structures itself like bony hands and bones and skulls. they can like anyone else dig through the earth and walls as well. its up to the survivors to deal with this till the timer hits 0.

demolition basically is as it sounds, a designated square area is your base, you must prevent damage and repair it to the best of your abilities, the rounds starts, you have an unlimited amount of blocks to build with for your team, use this to build walls to make it hard to get to your main structure to destroy it. you can blow up the enemies struckture a number of ways, engineers are pretty effective but you can also use the other pretty well for either destruction or defense to keep them from taking your base out.

diamond mine
looks a lot like CTF only the "flags" are diamonds buried in the ground. cheat, steal, and snag every one you can be it from labor of your doing or another's. you take your diamond to a designated area and then drop them with teh fire button, in some levels with low gravity you could even toss them to the zones, but watch out a rocketeer might jump up and snag your diamond and score it for himself.

all in all, i could see this game goin far. ever play runescape? same developer. JAGEX.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:11 pm
it might go on sale for 50% off on the sales. so it'll be 4.99 right now its 7.99  

Xilo The Odd

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:39 pm
Yea, I saw that, but I doubt it'll win the votes. Hotline Miami has been garnering some positive spotlight, so my guess is it'll win the community choice.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:00 pm
yeah prolly right on that.  

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:32 pm
Hearing this comes from Jagex doesn't make me want to play it. xd

It does, however, look interesting. I hope it wins the vote. But Hotline Miami seems pretty interesting, from what I've read. I bet Fish would love that game.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 pm
Xilo The Odd
yeah prolly right on that.

Aaaaand I was wrong, lol.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:28 pm
so it won the vote. wanna buy it now? xD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:35 pm
I was actually thinking about it, but then forgot hahaha. It's still very cheap though. I'm on the fence.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:31 pm
i will mention there is some instability on the servers, and the fact that theres no personal hosting stuff for servers. each server has some code for a name, and as far as i know (since none of my friends will get it > sad so do it!) theres no join a friend option. for all i know you could do it through steam but i dont.

after the holidays simmer down and jagex gets their a** in gear on making the servers for certain game types work a little better the whole game will be perfect.

still the zombie mode is lots of fun.  
Social Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff