Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
How to Read Knitting Patterns

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FionaleFaye

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:21 pm
Hey guys! So I JUST started knitting, I've done like... two scarves before. But for christmas I wanted to pursue a challenge and make a very simple beanie for my boyfriend. However, I can not for the life of me figure out how to read these patterns. They are so confusing! Can anyone help decode? Either by a website that explains everything, a youtube video, or anything else you might think is helpful. Help!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:51 pm
The book Stitch 'n b***h: The Knitter's Handbook is a great way to learn. There is also The Knitter's Companion by Vicki Square. Not sure about websites or youtube videos though, I learned through books not online so I can't recommend anything off the top of my head, not without checking it out first. Sorry 'bout that.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

etheriana

Dangerous Darling

10,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:03 pm
If you're not already joined up, Ravelry is a great resource.

I can't give you any links, but I watched a lot of videos on youtube, as well as looking for as many tutorials as I could on various websites.

edit: I found this video, which might help. Using the larger needles and thicker yarn would also mean it would be a fast knit smile Link  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games