Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
:gonk: left my plug adapter for my lappy at my bros. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

leaving important stuff behind
  sucks
  rules
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:37 pm
Left my us/others>NZ power adapter at my bros place which I was house sitting at the past couple days.

Brought the power pack and stuff back, but when I went to plug it in, looked at the us plug, and my nz wall socket and was like...D'oh.

Luckily I have a spare powercord/adapter with NZ plugs, though the pack to laptop adapters (since its designed to work on all laptops) the one that is the perfect fit was snapped, which was why I got the US one (although my previous US one died which is why I got the NZ one) so I have a piece which fits, and charges the comp, though the comp dosent realise its charging gonk

But it will do until I can get my adapter.

Discuss...have you left anything important behind and not realised until you were like 30-60+ mins away at your next location?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:24 pm
I've left toiletries behind constantly, or a phone charger on occasion. The most annoying/depressing thing however is leaving my keys for my car...in my car. With it locked. crying  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:29 pm
Ginhi~kun
I've left toiletries behind constantly, or a phone charger on occasion. The most annoying/depressing thing however is leaving my keys for my car...in my car. With it locked. crying

When traveling from OH to NV Via GPLs place, I got gas in dalhart and locked my keys in the car. Luckily it was a convertible, so all I had to do was pop the window a bit, and get a wire inside....

That car was easy to break into with just a wire coat hanger XD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:03 am
That sucks, Sage. sad

I once left music festival tickets behind, didn't realize until I was over two hours away and almost there, had to call my mother to drive down to the city with the tickets. We missed the first act we wanted to see. I can still remember how horrified I was when I realized I didn't have them on me, it was like getting punched in the heart and then having liquid nitrogen radiate out through my veins.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:34 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
That sucks, Sage. sad

I once left music festival tickets behind, didn't realize until I was over two hours away and almost there, had to call my mother to drive down to the city with the tickets. We missed the first act we wanted to see. I can still remember how horrified I was when I realized I didn't have them on me, it was like getting punched in the heart and then having liquid nitrogen radiate out through my veins.

Its all good luckily I was able to find a back up option which will do till I get it back.

That really sucks, but at least you only had to miss one act, and that was really nice of your mum.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:39 pm
Sagebomb
Ginhi~kun

When traveling from OH to NV Via GPLs place, I got gas in dalhart and locked my keys in the car. Luckily it was a convertible, so all I had to do was pop the window a bit, and get a wire inside....

That car was easy to break into with just a wire coat hanger XD
First time it was super easy cause my spares were like a couple minutes drive away. Second was terrible - it took two cops to break in xD. Third time we had to drive back to my house (40 min round trip). I usually forget them when I go to take my wallet but not my purse for some reason. ;-;  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:41 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
That sucks, Sage. sad

Your mom is awesome =D  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:21 pm
Ginhi~kun
First time it was super easy cause my spares were like a couple minutes drive away. Second was terrible - it took two cops to break in xD. Third time we had to drive back to my house (40 min round trip). I usually forget them when I go to take my wallet but not my purse for some reason. ;-;

3rd time, is this all since getting your new baby?

Sounds like you need to get another spare cut, and keep one spare in your wallet, and another spare in your room at home.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:27 pm
Sagebomb
Ginhi~kun

3rd time, is this all since getting your new baby?

Sounds like you need to get another spare cut, and keep one spare in your wallet, and another spare in your room at home.
No, just once with the subaru. I actually have three key sets for my car now - but yeah, leaving one in my wallet may not be a bad idea.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:37 pm
Ginhi~kun
No, just once with the subaru. I actually have three key sets for my car now - but yeah, leaving one in my wallet may not be a bad idea.

It would make sense.

And thats okay, if it was 3 times since your new car, that would be a bit much XD  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:47 pm
Sagebomb
Ginhi~kun

It would make sense.

And thats okay, if it was 3 times since your new car, that would be a bit much XD
xDD yeaaaaah. I just drive around everywhere pretty much all the time so it's bound to happen ^___^;;  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:54 pm
Ginhi~kun
xDD yeaaaaah. I just drive around everywhere pretty much all the time so it's bound to happen ^___^;;

Dunno, I feel that if you drive around all the time, when you get to your desitination, turning the car off, locking the car and putting keys in your pocket is like a knee jerk reaction...something that is so burnt into your mind that its auto matic.

Of course if you dont use pockets...a purse or wallet may be exchanged in the place therof.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:25 pm
Sagebomb
Dunno, I feel that if you drive around all the time, when you get to your desitination, turning the car off, locking the car and putting keys in your pocket is like a knee jerk reaction...something that is so burnt into your mind that its auto matic.

Of course if you dont use pockets...a purse or wallet may be exchanged in the place therof.
But see the problem lies when I decide I wanna leave the purse in the car. And if I'm all dressed up in pants w/o pockets or a skirt it doesn't help either. But yeah. I try to remember >_>;  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:49 pm
Ginhi~kun
But see the problem lies when I decide I wanna leave the purse in the car. And if I'm all dressed up in pants w/o pockets or a skirt it doesn't help either. But yeah. I try to remember >_>;

True, its easier being a guy XD, you are almost never without pockets XD

(Even my swimming stuff often has pockets XD  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain