Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Crotchet Pattern Help -How to Read Steps- (Sharing Pattern)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LavenderPaw

Tipsy Explorer

8,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:47 pm
I've been trying to figure out this pattern, but I unravel what I do because it just doesn't seem right. At Rnd 3 it's all super wavy and scrunchy that I don't see how a hat could come out of it.

This is from a book I got for Christmas so in the back it tells me what the small abbreviations are.
I just don't understand it.

Ch 3; join with slip st to form a ring.

(I get this, I make a chain of 3 then go to connect from the beginning.)

Rnd I (Right Side): Ch 3 (count as first dc, now and throughout) II dc in ring; join with slip st to first dc: I2 dc.

(Here do I dc each sc to get my I2 ch total? This is where I start to not understand)

Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in same st, 2 dc in next dc and in each dcaround; join with slip st to first dc: 24dc

Then I do a double in each single sc there is to make a total of 24 once I get back to the beginning?)

Rnd 3 Ch 3, 2 dc in next dc (dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc) around; join with slip st to first dc : 36 dc.

(Then the first 3 dc as I go around are double? Then the rest sc?)

Round 4: Ch 3, dc in next 4 dc, 2 dcin next dc, (dc in next 5 dc, 2 dc in next dc) around; join with slip st to first dc: 42 dc.

(The first 4 sc I dc? The 5th sc is a dc, then a single in the remainding?)

Rnds 5-I0: Ch 3, dc in next dc and in each dc around; join with slip st to first dc.

dc in each sc?

Rnd II: Working from left to right work reverse sc in each dc around; join with slip st to first st, finish off.

In each of these steps Ch 3 is in the beginning, does that mean start with the third sc or do a ch 3 then start with what's instructed?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:21 pm
Figured it out.

The hat came out pretty small going by these steps so I had to go back and make my own adjustments. Came out pretty good. :}

LavenderPaw

Tipsy Explorer

8,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items