Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
A Hidden Romance ↳AngelusVindemia⇅authin↵

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

authin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:20 am
User Image

The Sutherland family, despite being small, is quite well known, especially in the farming industry. They own a big deal of land in the countryside wherein fruit trees, from sweet mangoes to avocadoes, and rice crops are planted and harvested. A factory is also built in the large estate wherein the harvests are made into different products (such as the Sutherland dried mangoes) and then shipped to many shops, ranging from small stores to quality marketplaces, around the country.

However despite their fortune in the business side, the family seems to be lacking in luck in personal matters. The Head of the family lost his wife to a car accident, leaving him alone with his one-year old daughter. After a year, he remarried a woman who already had a child from her former marriage. Despite the circumstances, the once-again complete family were like any other normal families. Both Sutherland children were no different from a pair of siblings, despite having different set of biological parents. They grew up close and were each other’s bestfriend.

This affection, however, turned to something much more when the two grew to be young teenagers (16 years olds). They experimented with each other but soon enough, their parents found out. The two claimed to be in love. Their parents say it’s only the hormones – that it’s just a phase. And when the two didn’t stop, the parents were forced the separate the two of them. The first one stayed in the estate to continue her training as the succesor while the other child was sent to study abroad with her Mom’s relatives.

Five years went by and lives moved on. The first sibling is now busy helping her father in the family business, not to mention, her search for a spouse, as dictated by her father. However, during the recent months, the Head of the Sutherland family have fallen terribly ill and the other sibling is told to come home to spend more time with her ailing father. Accompanying her is her lover of two-years.

How will this story end?

the first sibling AngelusVindemia

the other sibling authin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:38 pm
User Image
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
𝕷ilithLily𝕾utherlandromromromrar

From where she was seated at the seat behind the driver's, the field of trees that passed by calmed Lily only slightly. Despite having lived in the metallic depths of a big, modern city for five years, nature brought her the feeling of comfort and calmness more than the sight of skyscrapers and cramped buildings, with its little greenery. "Your family would be so happy to see you again, Miss Lilith," the driver said and Lily replied with a small hum, listening with only one ear as the old man, who'd been working for her family longer than her years, continued to talk of fond memories. "Oh, I still remember how'd you get into so many troubles as a child, running around in the fields, playing with the young mistress, your sister. Why━"

Lily let out a sigh then turned to share an amused smile with her lover; Alexis silently giggled. Sighing again, Lily went back to looking out the window, trying to stop the butterflies in her stomach from fluttering. She was worried. It was understandable that she felt so for she hadn't come back home to the family house for five years, having been living with her mother's side of the family in another country. Oh, there were times she'd visited but they were rare and only for short moments ━ three days being her longest. It wasn't like she had wanted to live far from her family; far from her parents and sister. But because of that incident━of what happened five years ago... And now, Lily was coming back home to spend more time with her ailing father, along with her girlfriend. Her family was a bit conservative and she didn't know how'd they react to Alexis... And her sister who she hadn't talked to for years... Lily sighed again.

It was half past noon when they arrived ━ when the car finally pulled in front of the family house and Lily first stepped out to stare at the place she'd spent growing up in as a young child. It hardly changed from the looks of it. The driver was now pulling out their luggage from the trunk of the car and telling them to go on ahead. "So this is where you grew up," Alexis commented as she walked to her side and held her hand. Lily nodded, a fond smile on her lips as she swept another glance around her surroundings. "I'll take you on a tour around the estate later if you want." The two then walked towards the entrance, hearts beating a tad more faster in shared nervousness. Lily pushed the door open and stepped inside, pulling Alexis with her. "Hello?"

ooc; sorry for the lateness (^.^) my Internet connection was acting up earlier so I can't post

-AngelusVindemia-

authin

angelus toxicus

Adorable Faun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:09 pm
          ↘↘
          User Imagexxxxxxxx{ c l a r i s s e . n o e l l e . s u t h e r l a n d }

xxxxIt was a mess in the large room of Clarisse Sutherland. It was unusual for her to do this, but today was special. Today she was going to see her sister again.They hadn't spoken in five years. Five years. Clare sighed softly. There were many emotions floating around in her body, and she couldn't even pick out the most prominent. Most of all, she wasn't sure what to do. Part of her wanted to run up and kiss her, but she knew she couldn't. It had been five years, so it was perfectly logical that her sister didn't feel the same about her anymore. Clare pushed all the thoughts from her head as she finally found the last piece of her outfit. She had to look just right. She had to look beautiful. The last piece of her outfit was her ring, well, her mother's ring. Her real mother. Her father had given it to her when she was fourteen, and she was rarely seen without it since.

xxxxDownstairs, as Clare was getting dressed, her mother, well, step mother really, was walking into the foyer to greet her daughter and her lover. "Lily, my beautiful baby girl. You look great." She hugged her daughter, then turned to the girl holding Lily's hand, trying not to wince at the sight. "You must be Alexis, welcome to our home." She stepped forward to hug the girl as well, then stepped back and smiled motherly at her daughter. "Your father is asleep, but he will awake in an hour and you can see him then. As for your s-" She stopped speaking, as she saw that she didn't need to finish, she could see Clare walking down the large staircase. "Clarebear, would you like to greet your sister and her... Guest?" The woman obviously refused to believe that her daughter.. She didn't even want to think about it. Alexis was just a friend. She had seen just friends hold hands.

xxxxClare felt a rush of joy flood through her body as she saw the face of her sister. However, it didn't last for long as she slowly looked down to spot her sister's hand in the girl standing next to her. Then her mother spoke, and she forced a smile upon her face, though she wanted to laugh at the denial in her voice. "Of course, Mother." Slowly, she descended the stairs, her boots clicking on the tile as she stepped. Finally, she came to a stop at the side of her mother, a soft, yet forced, smile settling upon her lips, this one smaller than she had smiled earlier. She could feel her pulse accelerate, the excitement of seeing her sister settling in her body, yet the pounding ache in her chest grew as she couldn't help but feel the rejection grow, the rejection that her sister didn't love her anymore. None the less, she looked at the two with happiness, then at the new girl. "Hello, I'm Clarisse, well, Clare, welcome to the Sutherland House." Then, slowly, well, what felt like it was slow, she turned to face her sister. "Hi, Lily. Welcome back." Clare clasped her hands together lightly, and just looked upon the two, waiting for their reactions. Subconsciously, she began to twist at her ring.

I'm really patient actually, and i apologize for the terrible post. I always suck at the first one, but I do great once we get rolling.

authin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:21 pm
User Image

With a fond smile, Lily accepted the welcoming embrace her mother graced her. Looking at her, Lily couldn't help but think she'd inherited more from her biological father than her; the one mere thing she gained from her was the golden color of her hair and her pointed nose. When her mother turned to give her greetings to Alexis next, the smile on Lily's face dimmed in anxious worry, squeezing the hand in hers in silent support for the both of them. Sky blue eyes studied the eldest woman's face, and Lily could only sigh defeatedly through her nose upon noticing the slight hesitance in her mother's action. Tagging Alexis along didn't sound so good of an idea now and Lily worried it would get worse━whatever it was. Nonetheless, Alexis remained blissfully oblivious and graciously accepted the momentary hug, smiling shyly and kindly.

"Clarebear, would you like to greet your sister and her... Guest?"

Lily would have scowled at the tone her mother's voice adapted, if not for her complete attention landing on the girl━ no, young woman coming down the stairs. A smile bloomed on Lily's face. Her sister had changed but only slightly; she was taller now and had grown more in to her body ━ so unlike the sixteen-year-old girl she was before those five years of separation. And pride and profound affection welled inside Lily's chest, mingling along with the anxiety and fear (and what-ifs) that had been present inside her ever since her mother called to say, Come back home, sweetie. "Hello, my name's Alexis. Thank you for welcoming me!"

The sound of Alexis' soft voice brought Lily back to the present and Lily was forced to put on her usual grin, a hint of teeth visible between two red lips and warmth that was both equally real and fake flooding her eyes. "Yeah, glad to be back." She had half a mind to ruffle Clare's hair━to see if it felt the same as it was long ago when she'd ran her slender fingers through the strands━but the looming presence of her mother, of what had happened before, prevented her from doing so. She just came back; she didn't want to risk being told to leave again. And so, Lily settled with a cheery expression, not moving an inch from where she stood. "You look so different now, Clare. I've hardly recognized you!"

-AngelusVindemia-

authin

angelus toxicus

Adorable Faun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:54 pm
          ↘↘

xxxxClarisse couldn't help but stare at her sister more than anything. She had seen pictures, of course, but they didn't quite compare to the woman standing before her. She had grown from the young girl Clare remembered into a beautiful woman. Clare couldn't stop the feelings that swarmed in her chest. She tried though, tried to push them down and focus on just being happy to see her sister again, and only that. She could practically feel her mother's gaze on the two, watching for any clue that could tell her nothing had changed in the past years. Clare was determined not to let her see a hint. She was broken from her thoughts when she heard Alexis speak. "Of course. Any friend of Lily's is welcome here." Oh how difficult it was to be nice. Clare wanted nothing more but to tell Alexis that Lily was her's. But it wasn't true, Lily had moved on, and Clare really needed to.

xxxxClare couldn't stop the tingles that spread through her body when her sister spoke. "Everyone missed you like crazy." She couldn't help but add a bit of emphasis when she said everyone, straining the word in hopes that her sister would be able to tell how much she had missed her. Oh how much she just wanted to hug her sister, to wrap her arms around her and hug her tightly, but she couldn't. She wouldn't. It was like walking on broken glass around her sister and her mother, trying not to let anything shatter. When her sister spoke again, she couldn't help but blush a tad bit. "I grew up a bit a few summers ago. You look different yourself, being in a foreign country must have done you well." With a glance at her mother, she could tell that the woman didn't take the comment as more than a friendly one, which almost made her sigh in relief. Clare looked towards their mother with a raised eyebrow, seeing as the woman looked like she had something important to say.

xxxxShe did. "Lily, your room is still the same, and there is a guest bedroom a few doors down for Alexis." Clare almost giggled, she knew her mother would deny any traces of Lily and Alexis being a couple. However, the simple thought of them as a couple almost shattered her heart. The girls' mother turned to Clare and smiled brightly. "Clare, Damien should be coming by soon to take you girls to lunch. You should show the girls to their rooms so they can clean up." With that, their mother left, probably to attend to the large dinner they were having tonight in order to celebrate Lily's homecoming. Clare couldn't help but pray that Lily didn't ask who Damien was. After all, she would find out soon enough. Clare was a little surprised, however, to see that her mother didn't just tell Lily and Alexis everything right then and there. Perhaps it was another one of her tests. Looking at the two again, Clare smiled warmly. "Would you like to go to your rooms now? We probably won't be going anywhere too fancy for lunch, so you don't really need to dress up unless you want to." Damien would probably just take the girls to the small cafe in the center of the town, nothing that required being in ball gowns.

authin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:54 pm
-AngelusVindemia-

(シ_ _)シ I'm really sorry for not replying for a last few days. I'm loaded with schoolworks right now (in fact, I'm typing this on my phone). Just want to let you know but I'll reply as soon as I can this week.  

authin

angelus toxicus

Adorable Faun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:35 pm
authin

That's fine!:3 Take your time completely.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:46 pm
User Image

Mmmm"I grew up a bit a few summers ago. You look different yourself, being in a foreign country must have done you well."

MmmmFor a moment, Lily's eyes took on a dark, solemn gaze, glancing sideways, as a lopsided smile formed on her lips. It was for a short moment regardless and not a second ater, she was letting out a chuckle, cheerful expression back on her face. "You could say that," she said. For those five years of being away, after the initial denial and rebellious stage, she'd done her best to get by; to get a new life and live as well as she could with her mother's relatives eyeing her, judging her, in all angles. She couldn't forget though━that's the root of the problem. "I've been living in the middle of the hustle-and-bustle of a city. It'll take me some time to get used to the countryside again."

MmmmLily turned her head to stare at her mother when the woman spoke up. A small frown was on her face and she ligtly squeezed the slender hand in her own. She knew it━expected it even━but that didn't make it any less comforting. Her mother didn't approve of Alexis━at the least, the relationship she had with the dark-haired girl. A tug on her hand made her look back at her lover who had donned a confused look on her face. Upon getting the blonde's attention, Alexis mouthed, "Separate rooms?" Lily could only give her a sheepish smile and shook her head. Despite being lovers for a good two years now, there were things Lily didn't tell Alexis and probably never would━things about her family was a touchy subject and Lily avoided that topic as much as she could. "Later," she whispered in reply and turned his attention back on the other two women with them━just in time to catch the older woman's last words.

MmmmWho's Damien, she wondered. Probably just an acquiantance or a friend of the family, but she'd never heard of a Damien before and she was kind of familiar with most of the family's relatives, family friends and anyone worth knowing━it was part and parcel in being adopted into a lustrious family like the Sutherland; to build connections and such, although, she was just the other child, not like Clare who's the heiress. Then, a thought flitted into Lily's mind and she quickly shrugged it off. Damien couldn't be Clare's boyfriend, could it? Or something along those lines? Sky-blue orbs landing on her sister's warm smile and Lily responded with a smile of her own, forcing down any worrying thoughts, and nodded. "That sounds great. I could go and have a quick shower before that Damien guy gets here." Now that she thought about it, Lily was feeling a bit sweaty━not to mention, just a shade tired. "Speaking of which," a somewhat sly smile appeared on her face as she added, "you have to tell me who's Damien later." With that, Lily gently pulled on Alexis' hand and made a move towards the stairs, expecting her sister to lead the two of them. The Sutherland Estate was huge after all and despite living here for most of her childhood, Lily needed a bit of time to reacquiant herself with the place.

ooc; uff, finally had time to reply (; ' o ' ) sorry if this seems a little rushed! = D

-AngelusVindemia-

authin

angelus toxicus

Adorable Faun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:30 pm
          ↘↘

xxxxClarisse noticed the slight change in Lily, but it was gone so quick, she wasn't even sure if she had actually seen anything, or if it was just her imagination. Her sister seemed to be thinking for a bit before she spoke again, and Clare wandered what it was about. She was so hard to read now. "You better not have forgotten how to ride a horse and such. You know everyone here will make fun of you for it to no end." Her eyes glinted with a bit of humor, the teasing tone in her voice very prominent.

xxxxClare tried to suppress her humor in the way Lily and Alexis reacted to what her mother said. It hurt a bit, to see Lily upset, but inside she was happy that the girls couldn't be together. It was terrible for her to think that way, but she couldn't help it. She watched the two, and how Alexis seemed confused. Lily must not have warned her of what she was coming home to. Clare wasn't very surprised. Their family.. Their family was always a soft spot, hell, Clare hadn't told Damien anything, though, really, he was the farthest thing from someone she would confide in. He was sweet, but really all he wanted was to marry her and gain the influence of her family, and their money. Not that he wasn't very well off, his family owned a large winery business. Both their parents were aiming to keep their children high up on the social ladder. Though, Clare's parents were also very intent on keeping her with males.

xxxxClare could see it, Lily was trying to figure out who Damien was. Well, she would find out soon enough. Then she was smiling, and Clare felt butterflies flit though her stomach. Butterflies that she forced down violently. She wasn't supposed to have those feelings, and besides, Lily certainly didn't feel like that for her. Reaching down to her boot, Clare pulled out her phone and texted her somewhat fiance, 'Mother wants you to take Lily, her friend, and I to lunch.' She knew her mother had already texted him, but he liked it when Clare would tell him, so she was being nice. He was a wonderful guy, just not her type. She was... tolerant of him, all he really ever did was be overly sweet to her. Clare broke out of her trance when her sister spoke. "Yeah, he shouldn't be here for a bit, and even if you're not ready yet, he's patient." She smiled warily, but it was gone so quickly. She couldn't help but smirk a bit though, when her sister mentioned Damien with that smile of her's. "You'll meet him soon enough." She smiled a bit, knowing that it would be a bit funny when her sister met Damien.

I'm so sorry for this terrible post. I'm just all blocked up for some reason.
          authin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:43 am
User Image

Mmmm"Mm-hmmm," Lily hummed in reply. "Well, better freshen myself up then. From the sounds of it, Mom likes Damien and I wouldn't want to give a bad impression now, would I." The wooden heels of her sandals made soft thudding sounds on the floor as they walked up the stairs. She hesitated slightly in her steps when they reached the landing, long blonde hair moving along as her head gestured from right to left. If her memory wasn't skewed over the years, her room should be right about here... "Left," she ended softly. Alexis glanced up at her and let out a chuckle. "Don't tell me you've forgotten where your room's at, Lils."

MmmmA sheepish grin lit up Lily's face but she shook her head. "Me, forget? Nah! 'Course not. May I remind you, my dear Alex, I have the memory of a genius." This, however, wasn't true obviously. Lily wasn't what you would call a genius. Her grade were average and a bit more than that at best; excluding her Arts and Design Class which was the only thing she's confident enough to say that she's talented in.

MmmmLily's response elicited another small peal of laughter from the dark-haired woman as she nodded her head, a thin eyebrow lifting up in a playfully mocking gesture. "Says the one who forgot her luggage at the taxi. You'd have come here without clothes other than what you have now if not for me." A defeated sigh left Lily's glossy lips and light blue eyes looked over to her sister. "Clare! Help me out, sis, lest my credibility and pride crumbles to dust. My room's that way, right?" She jabbed a thumb at the left corridor, a hopeful expression on her face. Besides her, Alexis was biting down on her lower lip and looking away to keep herself from laughing out loud.

ooc; ugh, i feel like a total jerk for only replying now - after, what, three weeks or so. = O i understand if you don't want to continue this, i probably deserve it even. but i'm still up for it if you ever want to continue.

-AngelusVindemia-

authin

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces