Best art Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackHat
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:23 pm
What manga do you think Kaori Yuki did the best in artwise?

I think quality, its got to be Angel Sanctuary...

But Godchild has that art most favorable to me personally.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:10 pm
Artwise, Angel Sanctuary takes the cake. *_* So pretty.  

Whoop Rico 4

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:01 am
God Child. Just because it came after AS and was really the one where Kaori-sensei could display her evolved art style (if you notice, she was still changing her style in the beginning of AS).

Ludwig Kakumei had some good art too, but it was haphazard in some places.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:14 pm
Oooh, this was hard...
Definitely some of her later works, I adore that artstyle... Ludwig is high on my list, and the last part of Neji.
I've only read five AS, so I don't know about that one...
And Boys next Door! The layout on the first pages are just amazing!
...I'll have to think about this... sweatdrop  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Amikins

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:01 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:08 pm
To me its Angel Sanctuay  

gothic_girl089

Sonoshi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:39 am
ooooh.... Though one.
I think I agree with Sane on this.

The last part of Neji was amazing to read!
And God Child is just so wonderful!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:06 am
I say Godchild... the art there, especially in the last 2 books are beautiful... A friend who didn't know who Kaori Yuki was fell in love with the cover of Godchild 5 too, so it appears that the Godchild arc has very eyecatching art, even to people who've never read a manga before...  

Shura Yukihime

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:50 pm
Shura Yukihime
I say Godchild... the art there, especially in the last 2 books are beautiful... A friend who didn't know who Kaori Yuki was fell in love with the cover of Godchild 5 too, so it appears that the Godchild arc has very eyecatching art, even to people who've never read a manga before...

Mm...well God Child was Kaori Yuki's last big multi-volume work right?
I'd say her art has really evolved and developed. Its so gorgeous...
I wonder if she has any other long series up her sleeve, I think she does best with those, though the one-shots are cute.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:24 am
Like most people, I liked the art in God Child and the last bit of Neji the most. Although Bloodhound and Boys Next Door were also very pretty....Her newest project, Yousei Hyouhon (Fairy Cube) looks very very pretty  

Bemused Dreamer

ZetsumeiMitsukai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:16 pm
Quote:

Kaori-sensei's art is the best! It's so pretty. whee Especially the mangs she drew after Angel Sanctuary. But the mangas she did before she changed her art style are very pretty too. Have anybody else read the new mangas by Kaori-sensei? Like Psycho Knocker or 0之奏香师?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:39 pm
All of Kaori Yuki's work is, without a doubt, visually stunning. In her manga more than anyone else's I find myself stopping mid-page to simply admire the artwork.

To me, her very best work was done in Angel Sanctuary. The truly amazing detail and stunning technique are without a doubt what caused me to pick up and purchase Angel Sanctuary over all the other manga on the shelf. I sat and studied Angel Sanctuary's art for hours after I bought the first manga. However, it is possible that I am biased towards Angel Sanctuary because it is in manga form, rather than in scanlation form. This is because I have always prefered actual manga to computer scans, and have therefore spent more time with actual manga products than with scanlations.  

ShadowIce

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:33 pm
Either Angel Sanctuary or God Child  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:35 am
ShadowIce
However, it is possible that I am biased towards Angel Sanctuary because it is in manga form, rather than in scanlation form. This is because I have always prefered actual manga to computer scans, and have therefore spent more time with actual manga products than with scanlations.

I tried to print some scans I have once, but the result was awful, even worse than reading on the screen.
I prefer papermanga too. It's not the same when you can't see the whole page in one look.

The art in AS is gorgeous, but I think I like her latest style better. i've only read 6 volumes of As The lines look in some way cleaner to me, and the characters are so beautiful.  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Tia Mia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:48 pm
Sai-kun
God Child. Just because it came after AS and was really the one where Kaori-sensei could display her evolved art style (if you notice, she was still changing her style in the beginning of AS).

Ludwig Kakumei had some good art too, but it was haphazard in some places.
I agree with Sai-san here. I love all her art work but I think her later works after Angel Sanctuary are her best. I still adore the art in Angel Sanctuary but...  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff