Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
your techniques for raising energy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yogurto

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:13 pm
Hey y'all! This winter I've been doing a lot of inner work (yoga, meditation, etc.) but since the new year I've been looking to get back into spellcrafting & moving energy in a more outward direction. Help me get inspired!

I especially want to know:

What techniques do you use to raise energy? Visualization? Drumming? Clapping? Dancing? Singing? Chanting? The good ol' Cone of Power?

Plz share a (detailed?) account of how you pull magical energy toward you during spellwork!

Thanks! Also sorrry if this has been covered elsewhere in the guild!

Peace & Love  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:25 pm
Firstly I like to get lots of sleep. Nothing works well when I feel tired. Generally a water cleaning I do when I'm in the shower helps. This helps clear away any negative energy. And then I drink some special blends of herbal teas, though the mixture depends on what I am going to do.

And mostly I do a circle, asking the five different elements to join me, and have a special offering of fruit (usually pomegranates) and honey, and then I do my spell work.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 pm
I usually use tactile visualization. The specific visualization depends on what I'm trying to do. I've been out of practice though since I'm trying to limit variables as much as possible until I have a diagnosis for my medical issues.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 pm
depends if you talking about your personal spirit might a few hours of meditation or try a new mantra . to draw in background energy usually its a mater of visualization imagine the energy flowing in like a river  

josh of earth2

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:59 am
simple, techno and metal music makes me hyper, I would do that.

Anything you know that makes yourself hyper or active or anything, just do that. Its simple.

Perhaps even combine several ideas so you can make yourself active whenever you want.

Not exactly esoteric, but it works doesnt it?

You can do this for any sort of feeling, to exploit it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:55 pm
LOVE the idea of using music for raising energy.

*belts out some Xtina...*

Anyone use sex magic? 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh  

Yogurto

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Trollzors Vader

Wealthy Businesswoman

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:24 am
I tend to draw from a very readily avalible source of energy to our society when working with magic. Electricity. It's common, stable, and functional. Even better, due to human society and our reliance on it, it's everywhere. Rather than pull it toward me I would rather use it directly for what it's needed for. Cut out the middle man so to speak.

When that's not an option, music tends to be good, as is anything that can get adrenaline flowing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:35 pm
Trollzors Vader
I tend to draw from a very readily avalible source of energy to our society when working with magic. Electricity. It's common, stable, and functional. Even better, due to human society and our reliance on it, it's everywhere. Rather than pull it toward me I would rather use it directly for what it's needed for. Cut out the middle man so to speak.

When that's not an option, music tends to be good, as is anything that can get adrenaline flowing.

Have you ever done any work with psychotronics? Your descriptions of your magical practices remind me of the things I've read about psychotronic devices.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Trollzors Vader

Wealthy Businesswoman

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 pm
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader

Have you ever done any work with psychotronics? Your descriptions of your magical practices remind me of the things I've read about psychotronic devices.
I actually had to look that term up. The only thing I found didn't seem to make sense. I never really studied any particular terms for it, so maybe? I tried quite a few things before creating a mix of magical practices with a focus on technology and science.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:17 pm
Trollzors Vader
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader

I actually had to look that term up. The only thing I found didn't seem to make sense. I never really studied any particular terms for it, so maybe? I tried quite a few things before creating a mix of magical practices with a focus on technology and science.

Psychotronic devices are usually electronic devices used to direct or amplify a person's will or intent. It just seemed like something you'd be interested in. Have you ever heard of the tepaphone? You might like that as well.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Trollzors Vader

Wealthy Businesswoman

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:52 pm
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader

Psychotronic devices are usually electronic devices used to direct or amplify a person's will or intent. It just seemed like something you'd be interested in. Have you ever heard of the tepaphone? You might like that as well.
I have used them then. Good to know they have a name. I shall have to do more research, I make most of what I use in my spare time. I have for a long time had useful hobbies like metalwork, and working with machines and electronics. It just kinda naturally transferred between my various hobbies.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:18 pm
Trollzors Vader
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader

I have used them then. Good to know they have a name. I shall have to do more research, I make most of what I use in my spare time. I have for a long time had useful hobbies like metalwork, and working with machines and electronics. It just kinda naturally transferred between my various hobbies.

Some of the devices I've seen are very interesting and some of them are just lame. You might look into the Hieronymus machine.

I spent a good deal of time looking into this sort of thing a few years ago. Back before I got back into ritual magic.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Trollzors Vader

Wealthy Businesswoman

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:49 pm
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader

Some of the devices I've seen are very interesting and some of them are just lame. You might look into the Hieronymus machine.

I spent a good deal of time looking into this sort of thing a few years ago. Back before I got back into ritual magic.
I will definitely look that up. You know it's odd I never had any success with rituals. Probably partially because I had a hard time taking them seriously and couldn't manage to keep working well. Ahh adult ADHD and boredom... I'm going to try to get back into them soon, never hurts to try new things and experiment further.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 pm
Trollzors Vader
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader

I will definitely look that up. You know it's odd I never had any success with rituals. Probably partially because I had a hard time taking them seriously and couldn't manage to keep working well. Ahh adult ADHD and boredom... I'm going to try to get back into them soon, never hurts to try new things and experiment further.

I never got results from rituals until I started modifying rituals to make sense to my paradigm. The typical neo-pagan witchcraft stuff doesn't work for me because I don't believe in a specific God and Goddess or any of that stuff. I think that you have to be invested in something to make it work, not just curious or knowledgeable.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Trollzors Vader

Wealthy Businesswoman

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:13 am
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader
Obscurus
Trollzors Vader

I never got results from rituals until I started modifying rituals to make sense to my paradigm. The typical neo-pagan witchcraft stuff doesn't work for me because I don't believe in a specific God and Goddess or any of that stuff. I think that you have to be invested in something to make it work, not just curious or knowledgeable.

That would likely be why I don't get any results with it either. I don't worship any gods either. I just see magic as something to experiment with and take advantage of.  
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games