Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Apartment Hunting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mushroom Hunting!
  Just like apartment hunting.
View Results

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:35 pm
After living back at home for a little over half a year now, I feel like I should get back to living out on my own. It's nice to know that I have a place to stay if I need it...but the commute to work is racking up mileage on the car (I love driving, but I don't want to strain my new baby). And living with my mother...is always interesting. SO. I've been looking at some places online - close to work and all. There's one in particular that I like...which I will post below. Please don't decide to move to the area and steal it from me. Kthx.

L'apartment in question

I don't really NEED two bedrooms, but I actually really love the inside of the apt from the pictures. The area also is pretty ok.

It's also a couple of blocks away from my cousin's/godchildren. The other apt I might be looking into would be even closer (and actually the same apt complex as my other cousins - brothers to the that lives close to apt 1). Rent looks like it would be a little less expensive too, and 1 bedroom. I'll definitely have to look at both places. But I'm excited an nervous! Anybody else have moving/apartment stories they'd like to share? Or tips >_>;

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:20 pm
how cheap rent is in the states amazes me like many things.

Basically things to consider are Income less rent/utilities/phone+net/food/car stuff/random expenses/entertainment/other stuff.

It will be nice to be out for a year or so in the rent world. And once youve done that then you can consider looking into something bigger, expecially if you have/start saving for a deposit ^_^.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:50 pm
Sagebomb
how cheap rent is in the states amazes me like many things.

Basically things to consider are Income less rent/utilities/phone+net/food/car stuff/random expenses/entertainment/other stuff.

It will be nice to be out for a year or so in the rent world. And once youve done that then you can consider looking into something bigger, expecially if you have/start saving for a deposit ^_^.
I'd say a lot of the places here are about 600-800/mo for something nice. I'd say that's pretty expensive for most people my age. I have enough funds currently to do that though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:14 pm
Ginhi~kun
I'd say a lot of the places here are about 600-800/mo for something nice. I'd say that's pretty expensive for most people my age. I have enough funds currently to do that though.

Thats awesome.

Im not in a particulary flash area but within about a 10 min drive of where I am the cheapest propertys are about $450 per week ($1600 usd per month)

Though I looked in the the cheap areas of the closest city and you can get a basic upstairs apartment with nothing included for like $900 a month (though in NZ you pay weekly)

Stupid expensive NZ lifestyle XD  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash