Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
You know..... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cold weather? Like?
  No.
  yes.
View Results

quezaga3

4,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:26 pm
You go north to feel the cold weather...

And what does it do? goes from -5 to 40' I could get that back in Florida.

Where do you hail from, and any preference on Temperature?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:45 pm
Washington state here,and I prefer 50-70 degree weather.  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:52 pm
Iowa wouldn't be nearly so cold if it wasn't for the wind. I hate that wind. XP  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:23 pm
New York. The bipolar weather state. It's dropped to the upper teens lower twenties here as of late. Even though it was like in the 50's less than a week ago. I enjoy seasons, I couldn't live in a place that was all one thing forever.  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

Fumahiko

Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 pm
Ginhi~kun
New York. The bipolar weather state. It's dropped to the upper teens lower twenties here as of late. Even though it was like in the 50's less than a week ago. I enjoy seasons, I couldn't live in a place that was all one thing forever.
Shoulda seen Lianna's textx to my fiancee about the crazy weather. I'm also a New Yorker, but more upstate than western.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 pm
well, i moved from florida to california. i prefer california weather. it's hot af in florida.  

hoenest

Darling

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:56 pm
Fumahiko
Shoulda seen Lianna's textx to my fiancee about the crazy weather. I'm also a New Yorker, but more upstate than western.
Upstate New York can mean just about anything depending on your location. For example, to people in the city, upstate is literally anything from Westchester county and up. Buuut. From a not New York point of view, I'd say I was more lower central? Haha.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:54 pm
If I go north it will get much warmer.

But Im pretty close to as about as south as you can get.

Im from NZ and I preffer it between 10-20c (50 - 68f)  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:17 pm
Texas, and anywhere between 75 - 105 is cool with me. c:  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:11 am
Citrus Novii

XD the bottom end of that is waaaay to hot XD  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:02 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

XD the bottom end of that is waaaay to hot XD

talk2hand
You cray cray boy.
I only stop going out when it hits like 110-120 in the sun.

Fry eggs on the pavement?
More like cook a 4 course breakfast.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:19 am
Citrus Novii

talk2hand
You cray cray boy.

I guess part of it is those UVs...In NZ when its 75f, that means you are getting a pretty bad sun burn if you are outside more than 10 mins without sun screen.

But then in terms of the UV index, at its hottest death valley in California reaches about 10 (1 being the lowest on the scale). Today it should reach a high of about 71....and it will still reach close to 10 on the UV scale.

if it reachs 90 here, you expect a sun burn time of a couple minutes....really.

When I worked on the ship, and we did the NZ leg there was one port really bad for it. And I would warn every one. But some people (like expecially the tanned brazilians) were like...nah I spend 8 hours in the sun back home all day and dont burn. Ignore my warnings, and then after just 30 mins in the sun you see how read they are...and then the next day how badly they are peeling....*sigh* some people just dont know how important UVs are.

Anyways....Now that Ive got my canadian visa accepted...I will work on finding some place nice and cool XD  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:29 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

talk2hand
You cray cray boy.

I guess part of it is those UVs...In NZ when its 75f, that means you are getting a pretty bad sun burn if you are outside more than 10 mins without sun screen.

But then in terms of the UV index, at its hottest death valley in California reaches about 10 (1 being the lowest on the scale). Today it should reach a high of about 71....and it will still reach close to 10 on the UV scale.

if it reachs 90 here, you expect a sun burn time of a couple minutes....really.

When I worked on the ship, and we did the NZ leg there was one port really bad for it. And I would warn every one. But some people (like expecially the tanned brazilians) were like...nah I spend 8 hours in the sun back home all day and dont burn. Ignore my warnings, and then after just 30 mins in the sun you see how read they are...and then the next day how badly they are peeling....*sigh* some people just dont know how important UVs are.

Anyways....Now that Ive got my canadian visa accepted...I will work on finding some place nice and cool XD

Jeez, I'd sunburn in seconds. D;
I'm like...REALLY fair skinned. If I don't wear sunscreen out, I've been sunburned in as little as 20-40 minutes. It's kinda funny actually..

Lol I like that.
e__________e "Ignore my warnings foreigner. You shall be your own undoing."

Cold is good.
But I'd probably cry like a little baby out there in winter.

; 3; "WHY IS IT 5 DEGREES. WHAT IS THERE...ICE ON THE GROUND INSTEAD OF IN THE FRIDGE!?!?!"

You should see people here right now.
We forget how to drive with rain and ice, and there have been accidents like crazy because of it.
Ambulance wrecked the other day. :<

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 am
Citrus Novii

Jeez, I'd sunburn in seconds. D;
I'm like...REALLY fair skinned. If I don't wear sunscreen out, I've been sunburned in as little as 20-40 minutes. It's kinda funny actually..

Lol I like that.
e__________e "Ignore my warnings foreigner. You shall be your own undoing."

Cold is good.
But I'd probably cry like a little baby out there in winter.

; 3; "WHY IS IT 5 DEGREES. WHAT IS THERE...ICE ON THE GROUND INSTEAD OF IN THE FRIDGE!?!?!"

You should see people here right now.
We forget how to drive with rain and ice, and there have been accidents like crazy because of it.
Ambulance wrecked the other day. :<

Yeah I have pretty strong skin, but I remember times where I have burnt just walking from the house to the garage, and back inside....it can get pretty crazy

"There is less ozone here to block the UV rays that cause sunburn.

Earth's orbit takes it closer to the sun during the southern summer than during the northern summer.

There is less pollution in the southern-hemisphere to block the UV rays."

But usually its not so bad, you just need to know what to watch for.

Honestly I have found some of the toughest driving conditions to be during rain on roads of desert places. Like when I was in vegas, I found my car skidded when I was braking going less than 10mph. Basically this is because there is nothing washing the oil off the road, so when it rains the road is effectivly just a oil slick. And oil is tougher to drive on than ice.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Fumahiko

Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:38 am
Ginhi~kun
Fumahiko
Upstate New York can mean just about anything depending on your location. For example, to people in the city, upstate is literally anything from Westchester county and up. Buuut. From a not New York point of view, I'd say I was more lower central? Haha.
I roll with Lianna, so there's upstate, the city, Western, central. easier to chop up.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff