Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Hyped up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Proud of me for going out and meeting new people?
  Yes, because I know you're normally a recluse
  No, because I'm an extrovert and I don't get why that's a big deal
View Results

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:38 pm
I went to a closing down party for a book/coffee shop that a friend of mine owns, which is unusual since I don't normally go to parties.
It was pretty cool, there was fun people-watching (a lot of us got really dressed up) and some good live music (electric harp, anyone?) and some cool people. I only talked to two new strangers, but that's actually pretty good for me since I'm not great at meeting new people. The conversations I had with them were really good, I'll hopefully stay in touch with at least one of them.
I also drank so much free coffee and ate so many chocolate covered coffee beans. I'm normally pretty immune to caffeine but I did actually get quite the buzz, and I may still be feeling it. Hence the rambling. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:07 pm
Baller. That sounds like quite the time. I've got to be in that mood for party stuff. But it can be nice to get out and do things with the people. And remind them how much more awesome you are than they are.
Sorry that your friend's place went under though. But WOOO HOO caffeine. Mt. Dew is the only thing that really gets me.

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:11 am
Ignoring the shutting down, the coffee stuff sounds good.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 am
Ginhi~kun
Sagebomb
It's not something I do often, but it was a pretty good time. I seemed to be fairly sucessful at showing people how awesome I am, so that was fun. xD
Tea is my usual drink of choice, often several varieties a day and as many as 10-15 cups, so it takes a lot of caffeine for me to actually feel it. Luke makes a darn strong brew.
Ah, condolances for the shop shutting are appreciated but perhaps not necessary. My friend kind of owns four businesses at three locations - a coffee wholesale thing, a bookstore, a bookstore/cafe and an alternative clothing store. The third location was being too much work for not enough return, so he shut down the bookstore/cafe, but the other businesses are going well.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:42 am
Cool cool, I still stand by coffee is good. Never been a fan of tea...how it reduces your iron uptake and tastes...bland. Some teas are okay, but moreso the blends which can hardly even be called tea anymore.

Though milk teas are good ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:43 am
I'm glad you had a fun time.
I myself aren't much of a partier. My communication skills lack a lot. sweatdrop

Said to here it's closing though.
Did you get any free books?  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:30 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

As a matter of fact, I did. No idea if they'll be any good, but I'll enjoy finding out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:54 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

As a matter of fact, I did. No idea if they'll be any good, but I'll enjoy finding out.

:3
I hope they're good books.
What are the titles of the books you got?  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:00 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
ShadowedMoonlight
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

:3
I hope they're good books.
What are the titles of the books you got?
The ones I got for free are Through Black Spruce by Joseph Boyden and He Who Fears the Wolf by Karin Fossum. I went against the proverb and grabbed them because their covers looked cool. xD
I also got a few for cheap, a cook book and a book on horses and a few little crime paperbacks by James Patterson.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games