Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Groundhog Day Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
  There wasn't one today!
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:10 pm
Classic Bill Murray. Go watch it today.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:57 pm
Seen it, didn't like it.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:07 pm
Why not? o_O  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 pm
Bill murray was awesome in Zombieland ^_^  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:49 pm
Bill Murray is a cool dude, generally speaking ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:10 am
Ground Hog day was this past Saturday? ...o.o Didn't even know.
What did the ground hog say?

probably said something along the lines of, "Leave me the f*** alone!" lol.

EDIT: Oh, and I never watched Ground Hog Day. ...Maybe I should.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:47 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Ground Hog day was this past Saturday? ...o.o Didn't even know.
What did the ground hog say?

probably said something along the lines of, "Leave me the f*** alone!" lol.

EDIT: Oh, and I never watched Ground Hog Day. ...Maybe I should.

That it was!

It's one of my favorite films, in part because Bill Murray, but also in part because I think the concept of mental time travel is awesome. Well, any time travel, but the ability to relive one day over and over is just fascinating. Granted, I might not want to live the exact same day for ten years straight, but...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Why not? o_O
While I like Bill Murray in general, I found Groundhog Day a little boring, and I didn't like the way it seemed like the whole point was for him to sleep with her. I guess it just wasn't to my tastes.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:12 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
While I like Bill Murray in general, I found Groundhog Day a little boring, and I didn't like the way it seemed like the whole point was for him to sleep with her. I guess it just wasn't to my tastes.

I can see that. When I watched it on Saturday with my girlfriend, she said that the whole portion of the film where he was trying to orchestrate the perfect day to get in the producer's pants was creepy, and I'd agree. But I think the beauty of the film is that no matter how many times he tried to cheat and game the system, it wouldn't work. Because of that, it made him reconsider what he was doing and instead use the time he had to actually grow as a person. I think that's what eventually broke the cycle. At the end of the last Groundhog Day, he said that it didn't matter anymore if there was a tomorrow since he was happy in the moment he was in, a moment he reached only by becoming a better person than he was when he started.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:36 pm
Good movie, bro.  

thedenomerator

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:51 am
thedenomerator
Good movie, bro.

/high fives heart  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:54 am
I love that film, its one of my favourites.

I was wonder however, how much effort it must be everyday to get hold of a chainsaw and a block of ice each day in order to practice enough to make an impressive ice sculpture.  

Meridot

Posessed Pup

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:01 am
Chianne

I was wonder however, how much effort it must be everyday to get hold of a chainsaw and a block of ice each day in order to practice enough to make an impressive ice sculpture.

Like mental effort? That does present an interesting question...if everything he does gets reset the next day, then shouldn't anything physical he does get reset too? Like, he can't die, so any scratch he gets on him would go away if it wasn't already there. So he shouldn't be able to build muscle, should he? Skills that are more reflexive or mental are a little bit different, since it clearly shows that his mind changes as time goes on, but if he's not physically strong enough to do something on day one, he shouldn't be strong enough to do it on day one hundred no matter how much he tries. I would think.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:08 am
GoldDiggingWhore
Chianne

Like mental effort? That does present an interesting question...if everything he does gets reset the next day, then shouldn't anything physical he does get reset too? Like, he can't die, so any scratch he gets on him would go away if it wasn't already there. So he shouldn't be able to build muscle, should he? Skills that are more reflexive or mental are a little bit different, since it clearly shows that his mind changes as time goes on, but if he's not physically strong enough to do something on day one, he shouldn't be strong enough to do it on day one hundred no matter how much he tries. I would think.

That's a very valid point. I had not considered that.

I actually meant how awkward it must be to go and purchase a chainsaw and then find someone who has a block of ice every single day. He must have repeated the process so many times. I bet it took a fair few hours each day just getting the materials.

I also wonder, if he repeated the same activities each day right down to every detail, whether there was a chance that despite his actions being the same as before a difference occurred anyway, through chance alone.  

Meridot

Posessed Pup

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:03 pm
Chianne
That's a very valid point. I had not considered that.

I actually meant how awkward it must be to go and purchase a chainsaw and then find someone who has a block of ice every single day. He must have repeated the process so many times. I bet it took a fair few hours each day just getting the materials.

I also wonder, if he repeated the same activities each day right down to every detail, whether there was a chance that despite his actions being the same as before a difference occurred anyway, through chance alone.

I think that once he realized that nothing he did had any lasting consequences outside of his own psyche, it probably got rid of a lot of inhibitions for him. Heck, with months and years to throw at it, he probably even figured out the fastest way he could acquire a chainsaw and a block of ice. Even if not, when time is infinite, I suppose it doesn't matter so much how long it takes you to do something.

What do you mean by chance, though? I was under the impression that, if he were to just stay in bed all day for a week, each day that went by would be exactly the same as the one before it. So while slight variations in how he does things might result in different things happening, I don't think there was any kind of "randomization" going on outside of his own influence.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff