Hello everyone R0LIS Here!!! I'm going to tell you guys a little bit of taking pictures in black and white, and how it can be fun as well I really hope you find it a bit interesting, and maybe helpful.

emotion_awesome Ok!!!! So most of us are humans, right?!?!? eek With that being said, this means that we all can see colors, weather if your vision isn't too well, and even if you are near, or far sided, this doesn't mean we loose the sight of how colorful the world around us is.

From the very beginning we have always been attracted to the beautiful colors of life and mother nature, the blue sky, pink flowers, green grass, orange butterflies, or even people who have colored eyes LIKE OMG I WISH I HAD COLORED EYES!!!!! gonk crying ....... AHEM!!! sweatdrop but I digress... colors have always captivated us to see the physical charms of nature, the eye-candy that brings out its vitality. Though this may all be true, it's not all quite necessarily needed in pictures. You see, taking a good picture does not always mean it has to look appealing to the eye, and it surely does not mean that it definitely needs to have vibrant colors. Sometimes, all a picture needs is to look mesmerizing to the mind. This is what black and white photography help facilitate.

In short terms.... Black and white, help you tell the story.

"Visions of an instagram picture"
User Image
In this particular picture I use black and white to tell the story and in a subtle way ease your eyes at brother's actions, what's he doing? instead of how the whole picture looks itself. (Picture taken with iPhone4)

"Home Above Water"
User Image
Simple, no need for much explanation, a picture where color wouldn't matter if it were there, just a spider, and its story, its loneliness. (Picture taken with iPhone4)

"A Guitarist's Rightful Place"
User Image
Sometimes the physical mood of a subject such as my friend's smile in this example, says it all. Who said colorful means happines?. emotion_awesome (Picture taken with DSLR Cannon7D)

"The Perfect Spot"
User Image
Black and white helps highlight the main point of this picture, and all in all it helps draw the feelings of loneliness. (Picture taken with DSLR Cannon7D)

Inanimate Objects

"Rubix Cube"
User Image (Picture taken with DSLR Cannon7D)

"Penny"
User Image
(Picture taken with DSLR Cannon7D)

"Push"
User Image

"Daughter's First Smiles"
User Image

"Splash"
User Image

"Love Beyond The Womb"
User Image

Taking a picture doesn't mean it needs to look beautiful to have beauty, because beauty can also come in a story, so do not be afraid to tell it, and do not be afraid to let black and white photography help you.

NOW JUST GO TAKE PICTURES!!!!