Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
The new proposal by the Dev team for the community page

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can we say thanks for nothing
  !%$!#%@%&#&#
View Results

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:35 pm
Someone hit the nail on the head when they posted :
"It seems like a guild that is open to everyone to post in and you don't have to commit to it. "

Seems to me that instead of working on Guilds 2.0, the Dev staff is working on ways of shifting the guilds to the Forums. They are taking things that guilds do now and letting forums do them. Some stated that they won't need guilds if they can do the same things on the forums.

Good going Developers. They just found another way to kill guilds!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:54 pm
It was said by someone, other than me, that there is a movement to make the forums do what guilds do without any commitment (guild membership). Is this really a movement to do away with guilds. Is the staff trying to undermine us and get out of their promise to give us the new guild system. It sure does sound like a step in that direction. We already know that Forum people don't care for guilds or think that guilds deserve the time needed by the staff to make them better. (see all the past SF threads we have made about upgrades to guilds)

There is a saying, you aren't paranoid if someone really is trying to kill you.

I am not paranoid, I am just questioning the staff's motives. Even our lead developer started hedging on the SF thread about Guilds 2.0 even being done.

Three kinds of lies: Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics.. I think Guilds 2.0 is going to be a Statistic- Another casualty in 2013...  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

engineer-of-doom

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:14 pm
Yeah, I posted my displeasure on their idea. Honestly, it's like the guilds are invisible.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:35 pm
I made my displeasure known. I got tipped by someone for it.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:47 pm
engineer-of-doom
Yeah, I posted my displeasure on their idea. Honestly, it's like the guilds are invisible.
I think they are trying to kill the guilds..  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:50 pm
Kenocka
Good... As I stated. IMHO, I think there is a concerted effort to kill the guilds. I truly believe the Devs are blowing smoke up our butts again and Guilds 2.0 is just all talk and a way to put us off until they drop the bomb that we are not getting any major updates and we take the guilds as they are or they are going to dismantle guilds altogether and it will just be forums from now on.

If that's the case, I will be leaving Gaia  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:27 am
mamarita
Kenocka
Good... As I stated. IMHO, I think there is a concerted effort to kill the guilds. I truly believe the Devs are blowing smoke up our butts again and Guilds 2.0 is just all talk and a way to put us off until they drop the bomb that we are not getting any major updates and we take the guilds as they are or they are going to dismantle guilds altogether and it will just be forums from now on.

Oh, don't say it like that, Rita~! I (and presumably a lot of other people) would also quit if they did that! I mean... Guilds is my gaia life, basically. I don't go out and show myself in forums because I don't want to. I like the privacy and familiarity guilds offer that the forums can never match up to. :/  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:15 am
mamarita
Kenocka

Agreed. The guilds are the only area that I participate in (other than holiday events) and if the guilds are removed then I see no point in staying on this site anymore.  

Miss Esa

Interesting Nerd

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 am
COMMUNITY PAGE = FREE RANGE GUILD  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:32 am
After reading all the posts in the SF forum about my complaint I made a decision.

I am backing off the DEV STAFF in the forums. That's right.

I will give them the rope they need to hang themselves.

I won't post even 1 word about them slacking on their promises to give the guilds a single promised upgrade...until the end of December.

If Guilds 2.0 isn't fully implemented by then- IT'S ALL OUT WAR!

Here is my reply to some posters and I will let you read.. I gave in to them... sort of: on page 4
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/developers-are-you-really-trying-to-kills-guilds/t.84915417_46/  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces