The buck she had a crush on, from the day she first laid eyes on him, told her to get lost. He didn't want her. That she was nothing to him. With a crushed heart, a pain so deep that she felt she would never heal or love again, the doe walked away, head hanging, tail dragging in the sands. She wandered for days like this, the heartache getting worse with each passing.

The final day, her skin taunt with lack of water, the doe found an oasis. She stepped up to take a drink, startled by her appearance. It was not her! She could not let this continue. Slacking her thirst, she stayed there, regaining her form. A month went by, her demeanor changed. She wasn't that heartbroken doe anymore.

Her heart healed now, she went back to find that buck. To show him that she was above the heartache he caused her. Singing loud and proud, "I will hold my head high. Hold it so high. High above the heartache to pass me by. I will raise my kin. The sun is here to stay!" Her hooves moved to the dance in her heart. "I am above heartache. No more will it hurt."
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.