Submit

TakashiShinigami

Ruthless Businessman

8,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:34 am
What do you think of the spin off of the Metal Gear Solid series?

Do you think there will be a sequel to rising?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:41 am
I actually have no idea. The game seems like fun, stealth and hack and slash combined. I have not yet seen the whole game, so I might get back on my thoughts, but I like it. But it sure is different from the other Metal Gear games.  

Armyst

Friendly Protector

6,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • First step to fame 200

Michishige Ritsu

6,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:38 am
i actually enjoy. it still has the whole stealth thing but its like playing ninja gaiden and the whole slash mode is really fun  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:41 pm
I was never into stealth games, so the most I've played of the Metal Gear series is a demo of Metal Gear Solid on the PS1. I enjoyed what I played, but I'd never get into an entire game of that gameplay.

So it surprised me when I heard what -kind- of game Rising was, and after I got beyond the incredibly silly name "Revengeance", I saw some gameplay footage and liked what I saw. It's a hack n' slash with a little more depth to its gameplay, with a character I actually like.

Sadly, I've heard the game is 6-10 hours long on average, with only moderate replay value, and that's nowhere near worth $60 to me. I'll likely rent it, complete it within a few days, and never touch it again.  

Poeden

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:03 pm
Truth be told I never played that series so I have no thoughts on it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:04 pm
In comparison to the older games i would have to say that it is not that great theatrically but game play and graphics its pretty solid. As a stand alone game its pretty decent but that's what it is. It is no way like metal gear in that its a sequel. So as a game itself its decent but if your a hard core metal gear fan and liked solid, portable ops, snake eater, etc. then pass but if you want a good hack and slash game with pretty good graphics and somewhat decent story then its a good game for you  

genestarwind_34

Invisible Millionaire

9,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

TakashiShinigami

Ruthless Businessman

8,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:34 pm
i know that the stealth gameplay is poor but the combat makes up for it...almost  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:57 pm
It looks a lot better than I thought, purely seeing some of the gameplay but yet to aquire a copy to play with. Those gekkos are creepy as hell..  

29ghtian6iapl1-5g9s71jgbs

Distinct Dabbler

Verix Vortec

Lonely Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:17 am
I'm more of a fan of MGS as it's a unique stealth kind of series I crave, but MGR doesn't look bad. I can see the appeal and can imagine it continuing.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:21 pm
I really liek the series and I like Raiden but from what i've seen of the game it doesn't seem to add anything essential to the story it seemed kind of silly the (weird scientist and the sombrero) Ill probably rent it though because I really do Like Raiden  

TheOnlyAdventChild
Crew

TakashiShinigami

Ruthless Businessman

8,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:46 pm
DLC is coming out and will extend the hours of gameplay  
Game chat

Manage Your Items