Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
Random Ranting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabatouer

Aged Noob

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:11 pm
Sorry, but I really need to rant right now. xD

For 10,000 Wings of Marie Tres, I'm forcing myself to think a little outside the fantasy box... I'm attempting to come up with ideas for "uncommon" fantasy and it is seriously a b*tch to do. xD

If anyone else would like to rant about something, anything, just to get it out of your system, then, by all means, post it here.

Let us rant together!~ heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:20 pm
EA games is EVIL? That's the only rant I can give you, really, because that about sums up my past twenty four hours or so. smile

Sounds like writer's block to me, though. That's up there in annoying things. I'll go over and look so I can appreciate your rant more.

Cheers for random rants?  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Sabatouer

Aged Noob

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:30 pm
mc2
EA games is EVIL?

EXCUSE ME. I happen to heart LOVE heart EA Games. If it weren't for them, the Dead Space and Battlefield sagas wouldn't be as epic. Also, you have the SSX saga. The best snowboarding fantasy out there.

007 games? EA.

LOVE ELECTRONIC ARTS NAO~~~

Thankies.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:41 pm
Sabatouer
mc2
EA games is EVIL?

EXCUSE ME. I happen to heart LOVE heart EA Games. If it weren't for them, the Dead Space and Battlefield sagas wouldn't be as epic. Also, you have the SSX saga. The best snowboarding fantasy out there.

007 games? EA.

Thankies.

Yeah, they own Maxis and came out with Sims 3 which is GREAT when it is working completely properly. And some of the issue was my own tweaks, but the support for EA games is dreadful. It should not take over 10 hours to get a hold of someone (including wait time) who knows a solution to something that turned out to be not as difficult to fix as it had to be. It was a unique problem, but not impossible to fix. And, technically some of the problem wasn't ever fixed but it is one of those things it won't cause an issue and you can just 'ignore the man behind the curtain' type thing (or perhaps the something in the programing is off but won't effect game play anyways).

My problem is with their support system. Which is probably set up because most people don't look up the simple fixes for problems on their own FIRST (which I do).

And, I looked at 10,000 Wings of Marie Tres. Intriguing and unique idea. Isn't the foundation the hardest part? (Of course, I have been told I think weirdly so that just may be me thinking backwards to most people, again).  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Sabatouer

Aged Noob

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:24 pm
mc2
Sabatouer
mc2
EA games is EVIL?

007 games? EA.

Thankies.

Yeah, they own Maxis and came out with Sims 3 which is GREAT when it is working completely properly. And some of the issue was my own tweaks, but the support for EA games is dreadful. It should not take over 10 hours to get a hold of someone (including wait time) who knows a solution to something that turned out to be not as difficult to fix as it had to be. It was a unique problem, but not impossible to fix. And, technically some of the problem wasn't ever fixed but it is one of those things it won't cause an issue and you can just 'ignore the man behind the curtain' type thing (or perhaps the something in the programing is off but won't effect game play anyways).

My problem is with their support system. Which is probably set up because most people don't look up the simple fixes for problems on their own FIRST (which I do).

And, I looked at 10,000 Wings of Marie Tres. Intriguing and unique idea. Isn't the foundation the hardest part? (Of course, I have been told I think weirdly so that just may be me thinking backwards to most people, again).

Sounds like their support is a difficult as Comcast's. My grandfather has a bit of a history with them. xD

I've never needed to consult their support, so I can't really share anything about EA's support. ^^"
This is probably because I don't have any EA Games for PC, unless you count using a Nintendo 64 emulator to play 007: Goldeneye. My PC is horrible for gaming. ._. The only games I can play at even moderate graphics are games from the '06 era, like Knights of the Old Republic.

Yeah, the foundation is always the hardest. I actually need to revise it a bit. Add bits of details that make it seem less awkward and possibly be easier to understand.

I'm actually considering changing the mountainous/forest picture for a more dream-like landscape of a similar style. That part is becoming the hardest, to be honest. Finding pictures that closely match the kind of settings I'm looking for. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:37 pm
Sabatouer
Sounds like their support is a difficult as Comcast's. My grandfather has a bit of a history with them. xD

I've never needed to consult their support, so I can't really share anything about EA's support. ^^"
This is probably because I don't have any EA Games for PC, unless you count using a Nintendo 64 emulator to play 007: Goldeneye. My PC is horrible for gaming. ._. The only games I can play at even moderate graphics are games from the '06 era, like Knights of the Old Republic.

Yeah, the foundation is always the hardest. I actually need to revise it a bit. Add bits of details that make it seem less awkward and possibly be easier to understand.

I'm actually considering changing the mountainous/forest picture for a more dream-like landscape of a similar style. That part is becoming the hardest, to be honest. Finding pictures that closely match the kind of settings I'm looking for. xD

Ah, generally the only PC game I actually play is Sims 3 (or use a handheld device like a DS because the pokemon games for the handheld devices are pretty awesome). Of course, I have an Alienware laptop. And Alienware's whole sales pitch is "PC gaming" or whatever-though I have been informed before that it is sad I only use my device really for Sims 3. I just like having an awesome graphics card because there is perks to even watching youtube videos with an awesome graphics card verses a mediocre graphics card.

And, where are you going for pictures? I tend to go to DeviantArt first for ideas but their safe search keeps me happier than google image safe search too. I try to explore only the safest corners of the Internet. Stay in my comfort zone.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Sabatouer

Aged Noob

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:43 pm
mc2

.............................................................................I wanna Alienware lappy T~T

MY FATHER HAS AN ALIENWARE COMPUTER (the tower+monitor combo = better than laptop alienware) AND DOESN'T EVEN PLAY pc GAMES!!!!!!!

I would practically kill for an awesome, gaming PC. I wanna get Battlefield 3 for PC and participate in 64-player matches. I could get so many kills. T~T I'd also get Black Ops II, Dead Space (1-3) (is that even available for PC...?), and a whole bunch of other games.... (I ******** love torrents....)

Pretty much whatever I can find. I go to various Wikias, google search, DeviantArt, Photobucket, I'll even go to Danbooru (if I'm feeling desperate). Unfortunately, I can't seem to come up with less-vague search terms.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:57 pm
Sabatouer
mc2

.............................................................................I wanna Alienware lappy T~T

MY FATHER HAS AN ALIENWARE COMPUTER (the tower+monitor combo = better than laptop alienware) AND DOESN'T EVEN PLAY pc GAMES!!!!!!!

I would practically kill for an awesome, gaming PC. I wanna get Battlefield 3 for PC and participate in 64-player matches. I could get so many kills. T~T I'd also get Black Ops II, Dead Space (1-3) (is that even available for PC...?), and a whole bunch of other games.... (I ******** love torrents....)

Pretty much whatever I can find. I go to various Wikias, google search, DeviantArt, Photobucket, I'll even go to Danbooru (if I'm feeling desperate). Unfortunately, I can't seem to come up with less-vague search terms.

It's a long story how I end up with one (though I am on my third) and even the smallest problem ends with Best Buy saying (meh parts are too expensive, get a new laptop but you have to buy a new warranty since we are scrapping out the old laptop). I've spent the past five years or so trying to escape Best Buy but my laptop always dies before the warranty ends for various reasons. Actually I somehow managed to upgrade from a $700 laptop (an HP gamer that was a limited time thing) to the Mx11 alienware by merely buying a new warranty. Now I'm on a Mx14, because my second Mx11 got swapped about a month before the warranty died and they gave me store credit (since Alienware decided to quit making the Mx11).

They are great but the parts are apparently made out of pure gold or something.

And thesauruses are great when you can only think of a vague word for what you want. Of course I think mostly in abstract paintings so I might not be the best to advise on coming up with proper wording for ideas.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:56 pm
I love the level of geekery in this thread. <3  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:37 pm
Mr. Eccentricity

I just reread my post and go... well, I sort of see why people are calling me out on my geekery all the time. I actually think my geekiness is worse in real life or at least more people complain about it in my day to day interactions with people. Maybe I just run into the wrong people in my daily life, I don't consider myself all that geeky in general (I'm not awesome enough to earn a true title of 'geeky').  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:09 pm
mc2
Mr. Eccentricity

I just reread my post and go... well, I sort of see why people are calling me out on my geekery all the time. I actually think my geekiness is worse in real life or at least more people complain about it in my day to day interactions with people. Maybe I just run into the wrong people in my daily life, I don't consider myself all that geeky in general (I'm not awesome enough to earn a true title of 'geeky').

Anyone who's passionate and knowledgeable about something earns that title with me. It's my way of complimenting someone's enthusiasm, passion, & knowledge, etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:20 pm
Mr. Eccentricity
mc2
Mr. Eccentricity

Anyone who's passionate and knowledgeable about something earns that title with me. It's my way of complimenting someone's enthusiasm, passion, & knowledge, etc.

Yeah, but I am unfortunately a fickle person. I am merely a jack of all trades-maybe skilled and perhaps knowledgeable at many items but an expert at nothing. However, I guess I do know enough about most subjects that I have a passing interest in that I know more than the average person. I remember when I was working at a smoothie shop and totally schooled this pretentious guy in art history. It was sad, though, I didn't even have to try all that hard. It was about Van Gogh. I mean the guy is pretty famous now.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items