Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:47 pm
Quote:
After nearly thirteen years on the market, the PlayStation 2′s production was discontinued and its successor’s successor, the PlayStation 4 was announced, essentially signifying the end of the console.

Today, thanks to a user on NeoGaf who spotted this, GameStop has posted the following sign at one of their stores, giving us another dagger:

User Image

While it doesn’t specifically say that every GameStop store in the United States will be a part of this, it’s safe to assume that this isn’t an isolated occurrence and will likely spread to other locations. It is worth noting that around the exact same time last year, the GameCube received a similar fate.

In any case, we reached out to GameStop for clarification on this matter and we’ll let you know if we hear anything back.

If you do have some PS2 games, systems, and accessories you’d like to trade in for $.10 – $.50 though, we suggest doing that before April 1st so as not to take any chances. Or, just hold onto everything as a reminder of how awesome the PlayStation 2 is.

Source

April 1st eh? Perhaps an early April fools?
Unlikely but still, It's a shame but it had to happen at some point. At least now all our games will become 'collectables'.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:13 pm
I wonder why they're doing this confused  

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

English_Biscuit
Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:21 pm
fairy-phoenix
I wonder why they're doing this confused

Could say the same for the N64, Gamecube, Sega etc, because its time to move on. I mean lets face it, the PS2 has been around for 13 years. And only ceased production last year, as well as its successors successor being announced, despite it still being a damn good console, its had its time now. At the end of the day there is still amazon, ebay etc plenty of online retailers to get them from. Its a shame, but its time to bid the PS2 farewell.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:36 pm
All great legacies must come to an end... Playstation 2 does not have to vanish completely in vain. As far as franchises go, it would only evolve into something better and more complex. I am for it, as hard as it is to admit.  

Tahvar the Dragoness

Kindly Giftgiver

Gaming News

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces