Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Hey Sage Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Market!
  Place?
  I'm not Sage
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:16 pm
So I've finally started the whole buy low/sell high for Advance Chances. Based on the graphs, it looks like 800,000 is a pretty standard low and 1,000,000 looks like a reasonable expectation when the prices spike...does that seem accurate in your experience? Note I'm doing all this from the MP, not the exchange.

I wish I had another 300,000 right now though...I could get a third one of these things and make about 540,000 profit from those three alone =/  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:32 pm
800k is a standard pre opening price.

If you can get them for say 775k (or even up to 800k should be okay). You should be able to sell for 850k on average on opening day/next day...or maybe 900k if you are lucky.

Case study 1

Last month

User Image

They always open highish, before settling to preopening price ~800k seems pretty standard, then on opening spiked to ~860-880k

That is pretty typical of the short term turn over style.

Previous month Feb

User Image

(Note its now the year graph)

800k jumps to 900k at opening and keeps going up because its popular but is about 950k atm.

User Image

Jan 800k - 900k settling around 950k as well.

these results are about as expected besides feb which was quite popular...there is always the chance of the rig being sucky. Though this months was quite sucky...I dont know it it will gain value very quickly.

But yeah buy below 800k and sell for 900k+ is pretty much the safest way...outside of that basically its your own guessing game...it could reach a mill in a couple months or it could be slower and prehaps selling at the earlier peak and reinvesting in buying the preopened ones to sell again on opening would be a faster yield. Of course if you have time and dont mind locking capital (which I will be looking to do now before heading to Canada) then holding should still be solid, just not quite as fast.

only my two cents though...situations can change.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:13 pm
Hm, I see...maybe I should shoot for 950K instead of a million. The reason I was thinking more is since that's the average on each day, but the volume of sales on those days is so high that there's gotta be fluctuation in there somewhere, no?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:04 am
A million is the average for what where when?

Fluctuations are normal during the day of the current open rig, but as the months go on, fluctuations get less after that...mainly because the number selling drops off as well.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:58 am
Sagebomb
A million is the average for what where when?

Fluctuations are normal during the day of the current open rig, but as the months go on, fluctuations get less after that...mainly because the number selling drops off as well.

What I meant is that on the graph, the amount that it says something sold for isn't the high, it's the average. If the average is 950K for a particular day, but on that day 200 units were sold, not all of them will have gone for exactly that much. I just don't know what kind of variance there would be from that average.

And yeah, as the months go on the average would be more indicative of the selling price since less units are being sold each day.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:19 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

What I meant is that on the graph, the amount that it says something sold for isn't the high, it's the average. If the average is 950K for a particular day, but on that day 200 units were sold, not all of them will have gone for exactly that much. I just don't know what kind of variance there would be from that average.

And yeah, as the months go on the average would be more indicative of the selling price since less units are being sold each day.

Its true the average is only the average, and the average will generally be lower than the ammount you would expect to pay (though by how much will depend on volume, as volume increases the reliability of the price also increases. Basically not many will sell above the average LMP, but every now and again someone will misprice which drops the average (But if you sell over 100 of something than even a misprice wont have much effect on the price).

Remember though when looking at graphs its not only the average price that matters its also the volume. You will see that the only time over 200 of the advance chances sell in a day is the opening day. Of course if you open the advance to the bundle (when you are ready to sell, because you may still get more for the advance, but it will be a lot harder to sell) then the bundles will sell a lot more. But if you look at the ships happen bundle you will still see only a few are selling per day atm. And that drop off will always happen.

So dont forget that as time goes on, they do sell a lot less. So its not always best to put all your eggs into one bundle as if you have 50 of one kind of bundle then it will be much harder to sell a few months on, then say 10 of each of the months leading up to it.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:39 pm
Sagebomb
Its true the average is only the average, and the average will generally be lower than the ammount you would expect to pay (though by how much will depend on volume, as volume increases the reliability of the price also increases. Basically not many will sell above the average LMP, but every now and again someone will misprice which drops the average (But if you sell over 100 of something than even a misprice wont have much effect on the price).

Remember though when looking at graphs its not only the average price that matters its also the volume. You will see that the only time over 200 of the advance chances sell in a day is the opening day. Of course if you open the advance to the bundle (when you are ready to sell, because you may still get more for the advance, but it will be a lot harder to sell) then the bundles will sell a lot more. But if you look at the ships happen bundle you will still see only a few are selling per day atm. And that drop off will always happen.

So dont forget that as time goes on, they do sell a lot less. So its not always best to put all your eggs into one bundle as if you have 50 of one kind of bundle then it will be much harder to sell a few months on, then say 10 of each of the months leading up to it.

I'm HOPING to do all of my selling on the first day though. I figure as long as I keep track of it, I shouldn't miss it or anything, then I can add my couple (more as time goes on) ACs to the huge pile that gets sold on opening day. I dunno how it'll go, but I've looked at the charts and I KNOW that it's my best opportunity to profit off 'em...so that's what I'ma try to do.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:53 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

I'm HOPING to do all of my selling on the first day though. I figure as long as I keep track of it, I shouldn't miss it or anything, then I can add my couple (more as time goes on) ACs to the huge pile that gets sold on opening day. I dunno how it'll go, but I've looked at the charts and I KNOW that it's my best opportunity to profit off 'em...so that's what I'ma try to do.

It is definitly the most advantageous stage to profit from them.

How many do you have/want to have by opening day?  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:12 am
Sagebomb
It is definitly the most advantageous stage to profit from them.

How many do you have/want to have by opening day?

Right now I only have two. I'm less than 300K away from being able to get a third. I'm trying to sell off some other things to get the rest, but I dunno that it's gonna happen. Maybe I'll have to Booty Grab for it or something...

In theory, given how profit is basically guaranteed with these things, I suppose I COULD sell off things I don't want to sell off in order to have more to start off with to sell, but I don't know if that's a good idea or not.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:28 am
GoldDiggingWhore

Right now I only have two. I'm less than 300K away from being able to get a third. I'm trying to sell off some other things to get the rest, but I dunno that it's gonna happen. Maybe I'll have to Booty Grab for it or something...

In theory, given how profit is basically guaranteed with these things, I suppose I COULD sell off things I don't want to sell off in order to have more to start off with to sell, but I don't know if that's a good idea or not.

Basically guarenteed...but this month could be the worst ever rig XD.

Booty grab works, I make 50k a day from hoc pretty easy as well (At least in terms of it takes less than a hour) though it can be slower at first.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:32 am
Sagebomb
Basically guarenteed...but this month could be the worst ever rig XD.

Booty grab works, I make 50k a day from hoc pretty easy as well (At least in terms of it takes less than a hour) though it can be slower at first.

Back before they changed they way gold got granted, I made over 300K a day. I don't know that I could reach such insane numbers in the same amount of time, but there were two weekends where I actually earned a million gold each. It's just so monotonous and boring that I don't really want to do it anymore x_x

Does the game lag as much for you as it does for me?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:46 am
GoldDiggingWhore

Back before they changed they way gold got granted, I made over 300K a day. I don't know that I could reach such insane numbers in the same amount of time, but there were two weekends where I actually earned a million gold each. It's just so monotonous and boring that I don't really want to do it anymore x_x

Does the game lag as much for you as it does for me?

True I think the daily bg cap is now 150k

Mine did initially, then I did a bunch of tweaks to my lappy that makes it run smoother (though I dont really remember...though if my lappy isnt plugged in it pretty much throws a fit a freezes up, so yeah if I want to be more mobile with my lappy when I travel again I will need to figure it out so I can go off battery power again.

In other news I just did my first insanity in ages...and it shows I am waaaaaay out of fitness..I had to take a couple breaks and even then couldnt do everything. Though its good I know now, so I can spend the rest of the less than a month before I start doing camp work, to kick my butt back into camp work fitness...these past several months of doing basically nothing but sitting around has been really bad for me #regret.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:15 am
Sagebomb
In other news I just did my first insanity in ages...and it shows I am waaaaaay out of fitness..I had to take a couple breaks and even then couldnt do everything. Though its good I know now, so I can spend the rest of the less than a month before I start doing camp work, to kick my butt back into camp work fitness...these past several months of doing basically nothing but sitting around has been really bad for me #regret.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know for a fact that if I tried P90X right now, it'd be like I never did it. Unfortunately, I'm also still pretty sure that any of the upper body workouts that I did in P90X would be hard/impossible for me to do anymore, so I kinda figure why even try? Recently I've just been doing a lot of cardio, but I still need to get back to how fit I was before.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:33 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
, so I kinda figure why even try? Recently I've just been doing a lot of cardio, but I still need to get back to how fit I was before.

Being unfit was my exact reason to try. I just need to focus to stay at it and make sure it still do it even if people are around. Wake up calls are good ^_^...though bad that you need them.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:05 am
Sagebomb

I sold one at 50K profit, and the last two at 100K profit each. I feel confident enough that, with patience, I can do this consistently. I still don't have enough to get more than three a month yet, but we'll see how it works out long term.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff