Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:29 am
They had given her the new room number that Luke had been moved too, This wasn't anything too unusual, it certainly wasn't what was bothering her, she had gotten the impression that things were not going too smoothly for Luke, Dove had been very upset yesterday when she left, and after that they closed visiting to Luke completely.

She had not been able to find Dove after that.
double checking the number on the door, Rosie knocked on it lightly to announce that she was there, before she opened it, and peered inside.
"Afternoon~ Hey Luke."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:52 am
Taking his circumstances into consideration, the hospital's psychology staff had deemed the boy mentally and emotionally sound but had recommended the transfer to one of the building's more standard recovery rooms in hopes of encouraging relaxation. There was a broad window facing a grassy slope, a television facing the bed, magazines scattered on the small bedside table, gently colored walls - all in all, it was a fairly pleasant little room. Because of the steady progress of his recovery, the precautionary machines present were few, and he was permitted to roam the room at his leisure granted he didn't spend too long on his feet.

But Luke had never been so loathsome of his good health. The letter had been removed from his possession at his father's request, but its words still burned him. He sat listlessly on the side of the bed, staring at the mild patterning of the carpet, the knock on the door going unnoticed until it opened and he heard the greeting to follow. Though his eyes raised in acknowledgment, he couldn't will himself to produce a greeting.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:09 pm
It was the state of him that caused her smile to falter for a moment. She didn't mind that he didn't reply, though she would be lying if she didn't say that it didn't worry her.
Still, her kinds smile hitched back up, and she offered her friend a wave as she stepped into the room, closing the door behind her, one arm cradling and odd collection of not only differently colored flowers, but different types.

"I know I made a promise to visit you every day." her shoulders rose sheepishly, her pink boots carrying her across the room, stopping just next to his bed, her free arm folding behind her back.
"I already broke that yesterday, but I thought I would make it up today."
She held up the flowers she had, perking up before placing them down onto the bed side table.
"One from each of us, so now, we're always here."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:24 pm
He watched her voicelessly as she crossed the room, listened to her explanation as dull eyes viewed the mismatched little bouquet. One from everyone. Everyone? Not everyone. His father's lecture returned to his thoughts as he felt himself beginning to implode, and he raised a hand in hesitation to take one of Rosie's, desperate for something to ground himself to the world before he completely lost himself.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:43 pm
"Oh... I... forgot a vase actually." Rosie said, glancing around the room when she realized that she forgot to bring something to actually put the flowers in.
She giggled a little embarrassed " Heh, I'll find something so they don't-"

Feeling something on her hand, she blinked, looking back over to Luke, at the tired, rundown state of the red head. The defeated look in his eyes, he had reached out and taken her free hand, though offered no explanation as to why.
She didn't need one though, not when everything about him was screaming that something wasn't okay.

She shifted her hand, closing her fingers around his while she placed the flowers down to free her other hand.
"I'm glad that they let me in today." She said, sliding her free hand down the back half skirt she wore over her pants, and sat down on the edge of Luke's bed, next to him, though being careful not to jar him.
"The room they moved you too is a lot nicer too, I like the window."
she moved her other hand over on top of Luke's squeezing gently.
she wasn't entirely sure what to say, he didn't seem to be in any mood to talk, so she felt that maybe if she just kept talking it might help.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:38 pm
Trembling lightly but holding on for all the world, he leaned into her when she joined him at his side, like a child seeking comfort. He focused stubbornly on the sound of her words despite being unable to perceive their meaning or conceive a response. He blocked out every sensation but that of her presence, her voice, and the touch of her hand. Were his thoughts to wander, he knew too well that he would shatter, and he had no wish to subject Rosie to such an outburst.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:21 pm
Blinking once at him, her brow knitting with growing concern, though she let it show as little as possible, keeping a gentle, calm smile on her face and holding his shaking hand into hers firmly.
"Its a nice view of the field, I know they won't let you out yet, but if you like, I can take your pokemon out for some sun." she let out a small laugh "Or, I don't know, maybe the hospital will let you out in the yard if you're in a wheelchair or something, I think that would be up to them."

She shifted where she sat so that she was able to sit by him, as well as see him easier. Still he didn't talk, so she kept going.
"its spring, so that means the the flowers will be blooming soon, it'll get much warmer too, seems like a great season to be healing in. Though,now that I think about it I don't know how long it will be before you're fully healed... I should probably find that out."
She giggled again, lifting one of her hands to push one side of her hair out of her face. "I guess it doesn't really matter though, I'm just happy you're healing." She tiled her head, still concerned, she didn't know what was wrong with him, maybe he was overwhelmed... it was serious surgery.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:08 pm
"It's spring," he repeated quietly, trying everything to join his thoughts to the world Rosie described. Her words and tone reflected a pleasant ideal that seemed all too distant. The idea of healing seemed cruel and undeserved. His posture remained impassively tense and dependent, his voice passing no further words despite how he racked his brain to produce anything more.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:51 pm
When he spoke her eyebrows arched, her eyes finding his face, He didn't say much more then a couple of words, but she smiled all the same, continuing on like she had been in response.
"Yyyup~ Thank goodness too, this winter was a long one. I'm glad I have so many fire types, it makes traveling when its snowing much more enjoyable. Poor Perdy though, he didn't get to fly very many places when it snowed, But I promised I would make it up to him when it got warmer"

She turned their hands over, "Its going to be a good spring Luke..." the blond nodded, still absently watching their hands.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:20 pm
His grip tightened slightly as he slowly shook his head in rejection of her prediction. The movement was largely unintentional, and no words accompanied it.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:38 pm
"Luke?" Rosie paused, but shifted herself a little more next to him, lifting one of her hands to put it on his arm.
She was worried, very worried, she didn't know why he wasn't talking, but she could think of anything else to do. He didn't seem to want her gone, quite the contrary. She didn't know what the movement meant, but he didn't feel like explaining it.

"Do you want me to stop?" She asked, not sure if she was going to get a reply. but she waited to see.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm
For a while, there was indeed no response. But eventually, at length, he managed to vocalize at least the superficial tip of his thoughts, "I'm afraid I'll shout." The tone he used was murmuring, weary, and broken. "I don't want to end up yelling at you. I'm sorry."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:13 pm
She looked taken aback by his reply, and for a while, wasn't sure how to reply to that.
"Shout? why-" Was that what happened with Dove? had they had an argument? had he shouted at her, it would make sense why she left so abruptly.
"No, no, you don't need to be sorry." she reassured. "and don't be afraid, its okay." She squeezed his hand, trying to be supportive. "if you don't want to talk, you don't have to, but don't be afraid if you need to. But I'm here for you,"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:53 pm
It wasn't at all that he didn't want to talk. He really wanted to believe that his days of hiding things from others because they were too difficult to talk about were past him, but more than that he wanted to believe that Rosie, who had always tirelessly supported him through every worry and difficulty, could somehow save him. Never in his days had he honestly wanted to die, so the sheer overwhelming intensity of the hatred he harbored against his own life was terrifying. Somehow, miraculously, he strangled the words from his voice, "He killed himself. It's my fault--" The declaration died out in a gasping breath, his head bowed in a failing effort to conceal the agonized expression he wore. Once again he was consumed by a burning desire to escape, but to where? From what? He had never felt so trapped, not even during the seven years he had spent confined to his home.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:08 pm
The blond trainer was not expecting what she heard, she didn't know what it was about, who he was talking about, or why, but she didn't need to know details to know that firstly, it was clearly upsetting to Luke, and secondly, saying that about anyone was going to lead to a very serious, and troubling.

"What? He?-" Her brow furrowed again, but she kept her voice calm, and level, seeing that this was very difficult for Luke. "Hey, hey. its okay." She shifted herself closer, putting a hand on his shoulder, while her other one still held his hand. "What happened?" She asked, a little scared to find out, but doing her very best not to show it.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff