Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:28 pm
None of this would have happened if you'd done as I said and stayed in the manor.

Luke had accused himself of this countless times; every time things went downhill they were among the first words in his thoughts. But to have heard them from someone else - from his own father, no less - was destructive. Returning home to attend his brother's funeral was a given, but Lord Fabre had issued a verdict: Luke would not be returning to Kodo after he had seen to his responsibilities in Grande Ile. Reluctantly, knowing that everything ultimately came back to the fact that he had been bored and frustrated, he had accepted the ultimatum, speaking to no one of the plans that had been forced upon him.

Indeed, he hadn't done much speaking at all as of late; he had gradually become more and more taciturn until it could be called a small triumph to achieve as little as a positive or negative shake of his head. Feeling guilty over behaving in such a way towards Rosie, who had stubbornly upheld her promise to visit him daily, he had sent the girl a short, vague message after his discharge: an apology for the trouble he had caused and an ambiguous thanks. He had then powered off the pokedex to prevent incoming messages.

Now he sat listlessly at the pier's boarding area, his small amount of luggage having already been taken to load ("You need only pack for a few days," his father had informed, "I'll send someone from the estate to take care of the rest of your belongings later"). Lord Fabre had left the boy for the time being, gone to speak to someone about something - Luke wasn't really sure whom or what. He wasn't sure of much of anything, and he wasn't particularly inclined to think about it. He was conscious and generally moved to where he was told when he was told to do so; that was all he expected of himself and all he expected anyone else to expect of him.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 pm
Yuri had been on his way to check in on Luke when he'd been confronted by Luke's father. Being reminded of the conditions for which he had been bailed out, Yuri complied with the man's request. Granted, he probably would have done it anyway. Thus he returned to his apartment and packed some meager belongings for the trip, which included his sword.

Luke would hear the footfalls of boots upon the dock as someone walked in his direction. A small drawstring bag slung over one shoulder, and his other hand holding the strap of his sword, Yuri Lowell came to stand next to the despondent red head. The ever faithful Repede coming up alongside him and peering at Luke with his one eye.

"Hey," Yuri said in greeting. The last time they talked hadn't been especially pleasant, so he waited to see what kind of reaction he would get before speaking further.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:57 pm
Luke raised his eyes to the source of the greeting, regarding Yuri with a disposition that couldn't be called hostile but certainly wasn't enthusiastic. I'm sorry about before. I didn't mean to yell. I just haven't been able to think clearly. The thoughts took no audible form, and his gaze fell back downwards.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:59 pm
Well. That was neither a good nor bad reaction really, so Yuri just went with it.

Plopping down into the bench next to Luke, Yuri stretched his arms across the back of it with a sigh.

"Well, guess you better get use to having me around. Looks like we're gonna be stuck together for awhile."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:06 pm
He inclined his head slightly towards Yuri as if in expectation of some kind of elaboration, having heard nothing from his father that would indicate a reason for the man's presence or words. He wasn't necessarily displeased with the arrangement - in fact he was just about as neutral as he appeared, but it was rather unexpected.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:10 pm
"Your dad bailed me out under the condition that I keep looking out for you," Yuri explained when Luke seemed to what to know. "So I guess I'm your official bodyguard now, huh?"

His voice indicating that he didn't particularly mind the task at all. He was rather neutral about the idea as well.

"Guy asked me to look out for you too. Didn't think I would be taking his job, though."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:19 pm
You don't have to do that just because my father said so. I've caused enough trouble. Lips just barely parted as if to voice the thoughts, but the words never came and the only sound he produced was a faint exhale.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:25 pm
As if being able to read Luke's thoughts, Yuri just continued on.

"Truth is, I would've come anyway."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:42 pm
He stared in a mild confusion, disconnected from previous understandings until the memory of Rosie's words bridged the gap. His friends had always helped him when he needed it, and Yuri was no exception. Somehow the thought was painful, and his features took on a light frown, leaning forward with folded arms against his knees.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:52 pm
Yuri watched Luke for several moments as the boy continued to sit there in silence. He wasn't really sure what else to say, especially with him being so unresponsive. So he just sat there quietly until the horn of the boat blew, signaling that it was time to board.

With that, Yuri got to his feet. "Well, Repede. Looks like we're going home sooner than we thought." The Growlithe barked in agreement.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:16 pm
In obedience to the signal, Luke stood and moved to board, hanging back slightly. Two years was an awfully long time just sacrifice like it was nothing, to just abandon without even looking back. Kodo was more a home to him than Grande Ile had ever been. He breathed a short sigh and moved forward, sparing no glance behind him. Feeling sentimental or reluctant now would do nothing for him.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:18 pm
When Luke stood, Yuri began to move, although he paused as his charge hesitated. Turning to look back, the man watched him with a straight face, perhaps just a hint of concern in his black eyes.

However, when Luke started walking, Yuri did as well. In silence he walked at Luke's side, with Repede on Yuri's other. The wind off the sea blowing his hair as they went.

He had a feeling this was going to be a long, hard trip.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:32 pm
Luke boarded quietly, keeping his eyes down and making his way autonomously towards the seating area. He was stopped briefly by his father standing near said seating area in anticipation of the pair's arrival; Lord Fabre nodded in acknowledgment of Yuri before addressing Luke in a hushed voice to remind him that the cabin was a public place. Understanding the meaning of the words - though disheartened by them nonetheless - the boy lowered his head in one, slight nod, awaiting his father's dismissal before proceeding take a seat.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 pm
Yuri just looked on as father addressed son. He couldn't really hear what was being said, but he could read Luke's body language. The man said nothing though, and simply took to standing next to Luke's seat. Leaning against the bulkhead with arms crossed and one foot braced against it.

With a quiet sigh he idly scratched an itch on the side of his head and closed his eyes, settling in for the long trip back to their home island.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:46 pm
The trip to Grande Ile via boat was a long one that Luke spent the vast majority of in thoughtless silence, plagued by general feelings of unease that prevented much proper rest. Finally, in the middle of a night devoid of slumber, Luke breathed a sigh, resigned to sleeplessness, and stood, navigating through the cabin's darkness by the walkway's dim guide lights to the deck.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff