Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:32 pm
Dove sighed quietly as she locked her apartment door behind her, shifting her hold on her bag and checking to see that the pokeball on her hip was secure before setting off into town. The day before had been spent in mostly solitude and much needed rest, as she still couldn't bring her mind to allow a full night of uninterrupted slumber. Though she had at first been unsure of leaving the loft, Rosie's surprising appearance and encouragement the night before had given her at least a little hope of returning to the outside world, and even thoughts of visiting Luke--though she was terrified of how he might react to her presence-- had crossed her mind. Glancing down to Lovey to make sure she was at her heels, she started down the pathway, deciding on slowly figuring things out as she went.

The events of the past week or so had been horrific-- that much was blatantly obvious to anyone who had been involved. Had it not been for Inigo and Rosie, she wasn't even sure she would still have the courage to stay in the region, but somehow, by some miracle, she found she was determined to stay, at least long enough to see Luke's recovery through and, Arceaus willing, set things straight with the rest of her friends.

As she walked through the park on her way to the more populated area of town, she paused, a hand falling frustratedly to her face as Lovey took off running. Raising her head to scold the little eevee, she paused, words dissolving on her tongue as she realized what had excited her companion. Standing her ground, with an uneasy, unsure look on her face, she watched as Lovey stopped in front of and greeted a very familiar growlithe. Her hold on the strap of her bag tiightened as the firetype's counterpart appeared, her face washed in wary, nearly ashamed emotion.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:36 pm
Yuri was actually on his way to the hospital with Repede when the little Eevee had come trotting along. Rushing up to greet his canine partner. Repede wagged his tail at Lovey, tilting his nose towards her in a friendly manner.

He knew that if the Eevee was here, Dove was nearby, and it only took him a moment to spot her.

"C'mon Repede," Yuri said as he just kept walking, not even sparing Dove so much as a glance as he just brushed past her.

The Growlithe trotted after Yuri after giving a wuff to Lovey. Ultimately his loyalties were to his companion.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:52 pm
As the man drew closer, Dove dropped her gaze to the ground, more on instinct than her own will. When he brushed by her without a word, her eyes opened, almost shocked that he had said absolutely nothing. Lovey looked absolutely baffled.

Though her pride told her to walk away and leave him be, something in her chest made her speak up. "Yuri--... wait..."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:58 pm
At his name, Yuri paused. The man tilting his head toward her slightly without quite looking at her. He stood there and waited, willing to listen to whatever she might have to say.

Repede too stopped, looking up at Dove with his one stoic eye and a twig hanging out the corner of his mouth.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:04 pm
She closed her eyes as his footsteps falls fell silent, her back still to him as he had passed. After a few moments of gathering her courage, she turned to him, nervously tucking her hair behind her ear as the wind picked up.

"Yuri... I...." Why was this so hard? She let her eyes fall to Repede, then away again, then to the man's back once more before they again fell shut, her voice shaky but sincere. "I-I'm sorry."

Lovey tipped her head, concerned and confused, looking to Repede for any explanation he might offer.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:24 pm
Repede was silent. This was between Yuri and Dove and he simply waited to see what would unfold.

Yuri too was silent still, as if waiting to hear some sort of explanation.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:35 pm
Lovey settled quietly onto the path by her trainer's feet, tucking her head down into her paws.

Moments passed, and her head fell, her eyes falling to her own feet. "I shouldn't have said some of the things I said," she started, her grip on her bag strap tighter than ever. "I can't even remember a lot of it... All I know is that Luke was so upset, and I panicked because he did, and then you were just...right...there, and I..." She paused again. "Everything has hit at once, and there's no escape from it... I'm not strong like you and the others. These things don't happen where I'm from, and I'm... scared."

Her heart clenched as she admitted the last words, her pride falling away and leaving her vulnerable. "Please don't hate me..."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:06 pm
With an a sigh, Yuri turned and put a hand on his hip. "I don't hate you," he said with a bit of exasperation.

"But you're not the only one that's had a rough time you know."

Repede tilted an ear but still remained sitting in silence.

"Feeling sorry for yourself isn't gonna help anyone, especially you."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:22 pm
She relaxed a minuscule amount when he finally turned to her. "I know... I-I mean, Luke is....a-and you.... He shook her head, stopping herself before she started that track. "I know my fears are the least of all of our problems. I just... don't know how to handle any of it like everyone else seems to be, but I...I'm trying."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:28 pm
Yuri closes his eyes with a frown as he listened to Dove, his hand tightening on the strap of the sword that hung from his hand.

He then looked back to her. "Well, you can start by stopping with the self pity, and comparing yourself to everyone else. All this self deprecation is really just selfishness in disguise."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:36 pm
Her eyes lifted to his face as he spoke, her own brows furrowing in genuine confusion. She was trying. Had he not heard her? She was out, and about, and trying to go back to what she had considered normal before all of this.

"Then what do I do, Yuri? I focus on something else and then run into walls every time."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:40 pm
Hiding his frustration, Yuri remained calm as he spoke, yet there was little emotion in his voice. Making him sound very cold.

"Look, I'm not a psychiatrist. But I do know that everything we do is a choice. You're choosing to feel and act this way. You can choose to end it too. It all comes down to if you want to or not."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:51 pm
Her jaw dropped a little as he spoke, her brows knit now in disbelief.

"I don't choose to feel like this. Do you honestly think I want to live my life in worry and grief?" She asked calmly, her voice a little warmer. "I've been down and out the past few days, but I'm fixing it, the best way I can. I can't just sit back and pretend I'm not still in shock over all of this-- I'm not foolish enough to try to pretend I'm okay. And I'm not insensitive enough to shut off any worry for anyone else. I just want to see all of this through without any more mistakes."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:59 pm
Yuri's eyes darkened a bit, her words clearly not going over well with him. Yet still, he managed to remain calm. He knew this was a lot for the girl but really. This was just kinda ridiculous.

"Damn, you're acting like you're the one who lost a brother and had his heart put into your chest. If you feel that strongly then do something about it."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:08 pm
Her eyes went cold as the steel blade he held in his hand. "You know, that's funny coming from someone telling me not to empathize with the one who did."

So much for an apology and attempting to make amends.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff