Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:25 pm
The steady, mild swaying on the ferry lulled the passengers into a settled quiet, save for the sound of a few passengers that passed outside the door, or an excited child probably on a boat for the first time, there wasn't much noise.

Even in the cabin shared by four friends, there was a lingering silence, one mostly inspired by exhaustion, well, at least on Rosie's part.

The blond had not even realized how tired she was, or that she had even fallen asleep at all. curled up in her seat with Vahy'n, not even making it to the small bunk for the passengers where her bag was laying.

The sun had set for some time, drifting the boat further into silence as passengers took to their beds. Though a girl in pink stirred from her sleep, waking to realize with surprise that she had been sleeping, and that it was now dark.
With a light breath, she sat up, rubbing at her eye and glancing around the small room with a still returning awareness.
She must have slept longer then she expected, the Vaporeon on her lap was still laying there, motionless, and content, and as she turned back to the cabin, she could see the shadowed forms of her friends.
Or... wait. not all of her friends.

Blinking her eyes again, Rosie looked around the room once more, blue eyes opening wider when she realized that Luke, wasn't there.
An unexpected twinge of worry sat her upright, moving Vahy'n off of her lap carefully, and bringing the girl to her feet.
Sure enough, she still didn't see Luke.

Well, maybe he just went to walk outside, the ocean was beautiful at night, but was he having trouble sleeping? he had not slept the night before, why would he still be up?
Not feeling nearly as tired anymore herself, the blond trained took one last look at her pokemon, reaching up to pull out the half disheveled brides in her hair, thanks to her sleeping position.

Tossing the ties onto her bed she walked as quickly as she could to the door, opening it up and slipped out.
Making her way thought the halls, and toward the deck to see if her friend would be there.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:38 pm
Luke had slept for significantly longer than he had expected, considering he hadn't planned to sleep so much as he had blinked and failed to reopen his eyes, but when he was roused in a cold sweat from that harrowing slumber, he couldn't find it in himself to sit still and await the morning. Quietly he had ventured outside to the deck where Rosie would eventually find him, his hands resting lightly on the ship's rail. He stared purposelessly across the nighttime waters, his voice raised in a clear, if not intensely sorrowful, song, all his lingering guilt seeping into the melody and dispersing into the empty air.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:51 pm
Rosie let her hand slide along the railing as she slowly walked along the deck, eyes turned out onto the ocean once she had reached the deck.
The ocean had always need a part of her life. It held some important memories for Rosie.
Though, somewhere in the wind, and the splashing water below, Rosie heard something else.
the light clicking of her heels on the deck stopped as she paused to listen.

... Singing.

Her lips parted slightly when she recognized someone singing, and taking extra care to be quiet, she continued along the deck to find the source.
It was to her surprise, that the singing, was coming from a red haired boy who she called her friend.

Her eyes widened, standing motionless out of his line of sight as she just listened. Not only had she never heard Luke sing before, but she was breathless with how well he could sing.
She let herself linger there for a short time, enjoying the vocals, but unable to look past the sadness it was portraying, so honestly.

"I didn't know you could sing." She said after she felt she had been standing there long enough, walking forward with a gentle smile on her face.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:57 pm
His song halted in the middle of a syllable, and he abruptly turned to face his unexpected company with a look of surprise that rapidly reddened into one of embarrassment. He turned back towards the ocean, standing stiffly. "I don't," he lied - exceptionally poorly even by his standards.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:00 pm
Rosie smiled brighter at him in a greeting when he looked over at her, holding back a little giggle when he looked clearly embarrassed and turned away.
"Then what was that I just heard?~" She said, closing the distance between them so she could place both hands on the railing next to Luke.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:03 pm
"It's not--" Oh, give it up. He folded his arms on the rail and leaned to rest his head on them with a sigh, pouting openly.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:07 pm
"Weeeell, alright." Her arms stretched out, leaning back with her hands supporting her on the railing before she also leaned forward onto her hands.
Her playful tone lead to a more gentle expression, "Whatever I heard, it was really beautiful... I wonder why it stays hidden so often."
She turned her head, looking over at the pouting boy.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:14 pm
He inclined his gaze towards her briefly, returning it almost immediately to the ocean when he caught hers. "Dunno," he replied, his response half muffled by his arms. "It's not… anything special, or whatever." It was just effective for calming himself, he found. He really quite preferred not to be heard in those rare moments when it felt necessary - or, if he had to be heard, at least ignored. It was embarrassing as all hell.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 pm
Rosie smiled softly, not looking away from Luke even though he once again drew his gaze out to the water.
It was just like him to respond like this, just like the Luke she had always known. nothing warmed her more then to see this again, after the last several weeks.
"Its special..." She said, looking out at the ocean as well. "Music, song comes from a part of ourselves that reflex so much more then just the expressions we make, or the clothes we wear, the words we speak. Its an unmasked honesty and a friendly comfort, something that can't be fully expressed in any other form." she smiled again. "There aren't many things in this world more special then song, Luke." Her voice was a clear reflection of the fondness she had toward the subject, though it should come as no surprise, Rosie was someone known to go practically everywhere with at least hum in her wake.
She looked over at him again. her tone taking on a more good natures giggle
"And besides, I've taken lessons all my life, and I've never managed to sound that good." she leaned over and bumped him with her shoulder.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 pm
Luke hadn't really thought about it much before, but he agreed with Rosie's sentiments on the matter. Maybe that was why it always felt so calming, and perhaps also why it seemed so personal. In the past he had gone almost everywhere with an mp3 player in his pocket and earbuds in his ears, but he had fallen out of the habit as it became obvious that it wasn't entirely safe to wander around distracted in such a matter. He suddenly kind of missed it.

He shook his head slightly at her claim, "I really love it, though." An arm came up to push a hand through his hair, effectively creating enough of a barrier to hide his face from view. "Your singing, I mean."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:42 am
Rosie had always loved to sing, it was as much a part of her as the blue of her eyes was, but she knew that she didn't have as stunning a voice as her mother did, or her sister, and could never compare, she knew that. it never did shake the love she had for it.
But to hear Luke say that he liked it to. Though... actually now that she noticed, he said he loved it.

Her eyebrows arched as her eyes widened a little at the complement. Picking up her head a little she looked over at him, unable to look at him very well with his hair and arm in the way.
"What? R- really?" blue eyes blinked. sounding humbled and surprised. A small laugh followed, trying to ebb away how awkwardly her next statement might have sounded. "I sound so ordinary though, I know." She gave a small giggle to show she didn't feel sad about it. "Thank... Thank you though, I-" she paused here, seeming to be thinking of what she say next.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:14 am
"Ordinary?" He looked to her, surprised. "I don't know about ordinary... I mean, with as much as you love it..." As indiscreetly as he had listened to music, Luke had heard a wide variety of songs and singers, and he had come to understand the minute differences between someone who loved and wanted to sing and someone who was pursuing little more than fame or fortune. In Rosie's case, however, there was more to it than that. His immediate association with Rosie's singing was to the hospital, in the throes of some of the most profound pain he had ever known, as she gently coaxed him away from the edge of something massive and dark and wretched. There was certainly nothing ordinary about that.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:10 am
She didn't look away from him when he looked back at her, He countered her humility, making a comment about her singing, and how much she loved it.
Cheeks flushed as she beamed through the joy that comment had given her, not only about the complement about her voice, but that he noticed something that a lot of people wouldn't bother with. "I really- uh, I'm- ..."

She fell quiet for a couple of seconds, before finding the words she had been looking for. "That means a lot to me Luke," She straightened herself up, leaving her hands folded on the railing. "Thank you." the blond said quietly, with a deeper sincerity, but enough for him to hear, her voice genuine as was the expression of gratitude.

"And, I really love yours too."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:21 am
It didn't feel right to try and deflect her words after such a sincere expression of gratitude, but he couldn't comfortably accept them either. How Rosie could stand to walk around with a song in her voice no matter who was around was a complete and baffling mystery to Luke. He fidgeted awkwardly in search of a response, running a thumb over the rail absently, before deciding that an explanation was as good as he would come up with, "That song, Asch and I both grew up with it." His grip on the rail tightened instinctively; the thought that his brother really was gone was still freshly painful. "I couldn't see the funeral or the burial or even the grave, so I thought I should do something, but this is all I could think of..." The self-deprecating smile he thought would accompany his words failed to reach his expression. "He'd probably just call me stupid."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:14 pm
"Maybe." She agreed, a quite, tentative smile replacing her more excited one. "...That does kinda sound like him, huh." She didn't know him nearly as well as Luke probably did, but from the number of times she had talked to Luke's twin, she couldn't say that sounded too far off.

She stood quietly by the railing, watching the water as Luke spoke, a little after he had finished. A shift of her weight moved her side against the rail, allowing the trainer to face her friend.
"Still... I bet he would still appreciate it."
The young man had died for Luke to live... She couldn't imagine, after that show of love, that he would actually believe words like that, even if he did say them.

"Why didn't you make it to the funeral?" He hadn't even gone to visit his brother's grave, she wasn't entirely sure why, or if that was a choice... or because of health?  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff