Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Asians at School? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asian?
  Meh.
  Her.
  Him.
  Them.
  Us.
  Wha...? This doesn't make sense. (It means that your stupid.)
View Results

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:54 pm
I'm one of the only three Chiniese people in my school. Other people are like...there's one girl my grade who is Korean I think, and the rest of the people who are Asians are Veitnamese.

All the American Students and people love Japenese people. ^^ Because of Anime.

OKAY! Back on topic...discuss Chinese people or Asians at your school. (If there are any and IF you go to school.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:23 pm
There aren't that many in my school. In my year there's 5 chinese people I think plus one japanese and one vietnamese. I'm not so sure about the rest of the years but I know the chinese are few and far in between.  

Tokioka

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:38 pm
I'm in a totally different situation to most of you guys, because I'm at uni. But still, even when I was at High school last year, Asians formed nearly half of the student population. That is lucky for me, because then there's hardly any prejudice at all, not like when I was at primary school.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:03 pm
Well, there are pretty much asians at my school. There are so much that one of the 3 cafeteria at my school is called the "Asian Caf"!  

sasa_powa_4eva

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:43 pm
Let see..
My high school..
Class of 07, 575 students currently, I believe we have 20 chinese students at least in the entire school but not of the same grade.

While the whole school 2000+ students, 11% asian poluation, mostly Hmong.

Let see most of the groups don't talk to each other, the Hmong just hang together, while the fobs hang together.

I guess I can say I hang out with mainly Fobs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:37 pm
yeah...i went to an all girls high school were at least 50% of the ppl were chinese...and now i go to an university where chinese or rather asians are probably the majority because of the huge engineering and math faculty  

fiwa

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:47 am
Darkaznstargoddess
Let see..
My high school..
Class of 07, 575 students currently, I believe we have 20 chinese students at least in the entire school but not of the same grade.

Let see most of the groups don't talk to each other, the Hmong just hang together, while the fobs hang together.

Eh, Hmong? Fobs? eek question What are the actual races that these terms are names of?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:49 am
When I first moved to Australia, for the first year, I was the only Asian in all of my classes... and there were about 10-15 asians that were of the same grade as me...  

soumakisa

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:36 am
er...........lets see asians........
i have 2 friends that are Muslims in the same year as me, Mina from Pakistan, Shapla from somewhere else however she wont tell me ninja
then there are 2 girls in year 7 that are asians too one of em are Shapla's lil cousin, and the other is my friend but we dont talk much since we are in different year groups stressed
also there is 2 other asians in year 9 my cousin Lisa and her friend Nazia.........
and a few more who i have no idea what their names are xp
i guess that about it really neutral
im guessing there are around 10 among 840 people in my high school 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:51 am
My school's a very small school for a high school - about just over six hundred including sixth form and lower school (yr 3 - 6). There are approximiately three Chinese/Asian people per year; about a third speak Mandarin and two thirds Cantonese *points at self*. My best friend is the only Mandarin girl in our year; the other four, including myself, are Cantonese. We don't have any other types of Asian people in our year. I do know there's a Korean girl in Year 8 though... But I've never seen a Japanese girl here before. sweatdrop Lol...

But I generally know all the Asian girls in my school... xd Dunno why. I just do. Or at least, know their names. sweatdrop

We don't have any Chinese teachers either. sad Aw well.

Otherwise... Each year has a few muslims/hindus and black or half black people too. About on the same ratio as the Asians. 3nodding  

BlacksandBlues

iFaithz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:43 am
wel.... there are 5 other chinese people in our school thats not related to me & 5 that are related to me. [11 chinkis including me] my relatives arent in the same year[grade] as me but 2 non relatives are! ones one of my best friends!
no other oriental asians in our school.
cool

edit.oh! and theres a half thai girl in my year! one of my good friends! forgot about her! haha sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:50 pm
Minielf
Darkaznstargoddess
Let see..
My high school..

Eh, Hmong? Fobs? eek question What are the actual races that these terms are names of?

Hmong is an actual race..
While fob= Fresh off the boat. Meaning immigrants.

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

hip2b^2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:00 am
Well I just started Highschool, so I'll tell you about my middle school. My last year there were only 4 asians at my school, they were all half chinese while I was the only full. Now at my school I think it's actually the same thing.. there might be actually 6 there, not counting the exchange students..  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:54 am
JhonnyRaincloud
I'm one of the only three Chiniese people in my school. Other people are like...there's one girl my grade who is Korean I think, and the rest of the people who are Asians are Veitnamese.

All the American Students and people love Japenese people. ^^ Because of Anime.

OKAY! Back on topic...discuss Chinese people or Asians at your school. (If there are any and IF you go to school.)
Yay Evy, I know you talking about me ^^ People ask me if your Japanese tho...o.o  

Haruyume

Minielf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:08 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
Minielf
Darkaznstargoddess
Let see..
My high school..

Hmong is an actual race..

While fob= Fresh off the boat. Meaning immigrants.

Oh, I think I've heard about Hmongs somewhere else. But fobs is a new term for me. I guess that's an appropriate word to describe the hundreds of Singaporean and Indian overseas students who've come abroad to study at my University.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff