Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Cruise Nightmares

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cruises
  Yes
  No
  We've got cabin fever~
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 am
Hey Sage, ever have to deal with anything like this? And more importantly, how do you think you'd have held up if something like that HAD happened while you were cruising?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:07 pm
Quote:
Actually, sounds kind of like living in a college dorm.

terrible cruise, funny summary X'D  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:25 pm
Oh my. x.x  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:40 pm
Thats like old news XD

Although I didnt work for Carnival, carnival pretty much has the cruise world monopoly as such the own the Company I did work for.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Crown-Princess-Returns-to-Fort-Lauderdale-After-Norovirus-Outbreak-139002564.html

Was probally the worst thing that happened when I was there. (I can say more than 150 crew members got sick/quarintined during those two weeks...and one of them was me...that sucked). Main issue is sick passengers come on the ship, as soon as we find out we quarintine them to thier rooms...but they dont care so after having explosive diarrhea (And not washing thier hands because cruise passengers are like that) they go to the buffet and hold rails and spread it other ways....cruise passengers are gross emo

But yeah during that period I feel really sorry for the "hit squad" (The crew dedicated to cleaning bodily fluids...which were exploding all over the place).

In related unrelated news, on a seemingly normal cruise. When I checked in with front desk after shutting down the teen center (which was shutting at 3am at that time). I asked the front desk about complaints and news as such, since it is often funny what passengers complain about. Well one night she told me she got a call in (and it was confirmed and delt with) that a passenger had been on the main deck (which is closed at night, though not shut down, passengers can still cross it freely, but will be ushered on as thats when its cleaned, and may be wet and such)...anyway they stopped by a deck chair...took a "solid" dump on it...and then walked on....like seriously not a accicent...a solid...intentional dump emo ....again cruise passengers are gross.

There are many similar stories. Luckily we never got trapped at sea though (Have had a stablisier fail and the boat tilt a fair bit sending people sliding...but that was fixed almost immediatly).  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:24 am
Sagebomb

Yeah, I was told that it happened months ago, but this was the first I'd heard of it.

Freaking people and their damn germs. Why they gotta be so gross? Do they think that they're allowed to do whatever the Hell they want just because they paid money a ton of money to get on the boat?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:36 am
GoldDiggingWhore

Yeah, I was told that it happened months ago, but this was the first I'd heard of it.

Freaking people and their damn germs. Why they gotta be so gross? Do they think that they're allowed to do whatever the Hell they want just because they paid money a ton of money to get on the boat?

Often yes, most complaints involve some form of "I paid a lot of money"....Though often this comes from the people you can usually tell took one of the various specials that are around (And there are a lot, cruising has got a lot cheaper the past few years) Seriously if you look around you can easily get interior rooms on a carribean room for like less than $50 a person...aka you can cruise the carribean cheaper than staying in hotels in most cities.

But yes...the cruise world is sold to them as a escape where they dont need to do anything at all or listen to anyone, and everything is done for them. So when they may need to do something...that will usually bring complaints...  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:15 pm
Sagebomb
Often yes, most complaints involve some form of "I paid a lot of money"....Though often this comes from the people you can usually tell took one of the various specials that are around (And there are a lot, cruising has got a lot cheaper the past few years) Seriously if you look around you can easily get interior rooms on a carribean room for like less than $50 a person...aka you can cruise the carribean cheaper than staying in hotels in most cities.

But yes...the cruise world is sold to them as a escape where they dont need to do anything at all or listen to anyone, and everything is done for them. So when they may need to do something...that will usually bring complaints...

Mmm, $50 per person, per DAY...I don't think I'd want to take a cruise by myself (unless I was single and it was, like, a singles' cruise), so that'd be $100 x I'm guessing at least two weeks. So that's like $1400 that I don't have still ^_^;  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:25 am
GoldDiggingWhore

Mmm, $50 per person, per DAY...I don't think I'd want to take a cruise by myself (unless I was single and it was, like, a singles' cruise), so that'd be $100 x I'm guessing at least two weeks. So that's like $1400 that I don't have still ^_^;

There are cruises as short as 3 days. But generally most are about 7 days. And remember food is all inclusive, though it dosent include any tips. But either way still its more often the people who cant generally afford more expensive holidays who take those deals and often say things like "I spent a lot of money" which is funny really.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:36 am
Sagebomb
There are cruises as short as 3 days. But generally most are about 7 days. And remember food is all inclusive, though it dosent include any tips. But either way still its more often the people who cant generally afford more expensive holidays who take those deals and often say things like "I spent a lot of money" which is funny really.

Where does a three day cruise even go? o_O  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:43 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

Where does a three day cruise even go? o_O

Usually a relocation cruise. Aka...the ship was leaving out of X port, but now they are going to start a different cruise and that cruise leaves from another spot. But moving a cruise ship to a different port...well you still want to make money on the movement, so why not fill it cheaply so you make money whilst moving?  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:40 am
Sagebomb
Usually a relocation cruise. Aka...the ship was leaving out of X port, but now they are going to start a different cruise and that cruise leaves from another spot. But moving a cruise ship to a different port...well you still want to make money on the movement, so why not fill it cheaply so you make money whilst moving?

Ah...well that makes sense. And then people just...fly home from wherever they end up, I imagine?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:57 am
GoldDiggingWhore

Ah...well that makes sense. And then people just...fly home from wherever they end up, I imagine?

Maybe? I mean there are often relocations between say Ft lauderdale in FL and galveston TX...So I mean prehaps you could be heading home from FL, or you could drive back

*shrugs*  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash