Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:35 pm
Nate was always immensely appreciative of the odd day off or early ending shift, but when they were paired with days when he didn't feel like going back to Ambergris, he found it kind of difficult to fill his time. Fortunately for him, today things were kind of falling into line to maybe actually do something fun, and it would be some time in the later half of the afternoon that Seraphine would receive a message from him, "Yo Sera, you busy? I'm bored as hell and starving as ******** and work gave me coupons for some cheap-a** food that isn't usually quite as cheap-a**."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:44 pm
Once upon a time (read: last year) Seraphine would have been absolutely appalled to have received such a message, incredibly offended by the insinuation she would eat anything less than gourmet food from a high-end, expensive restaurant. Luckily for Nate, this was no longer the case - parents losing all of their money tended to change eating habits quite quickly.

"No I'm free," Sera replied via text, "also bored as hell and pretty hungry. What place are these coupons for?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:14 pm
"Sweet," came the eventual response. "Name on the paper is Re:Coil, think it's a club but I've never heard of it or been."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:37 pm
"I think I've heard of it but I've never been either," was her typed response. "Meet you there in 15?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:56 pm
"Buhh no ******** that. I'm like 20 feet from your place already. Just meet me outside." Clearly she had underestimated the depth of his boredom.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:23 pm
Wow she had clearly underestimated his boredom, holy crap. Rather than type anything elaborate, she simply responded with a quick, "Ok" before she smoothed down her dress, made sure her hair was still good, grabbed her purse and left. He was lucky she was already ready to go out, and just hadn't actually decided to do so.

Once outside she paused briefly and scanned the sidewalks to see if she could see Nate, and once she did she offered a wave before she moved to meet him. "Hey," the brunette offered in greeting once she was within range. "You must've been pretty bored to already walk over here, huh?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:27 pm
He returned the wave, responding to her comment with an exaggerated look of anguish, "You have noooooo idea, holy s**t. Shift ended early and I had no idea what to do with myself." So he had tracked down the apartment he had visited once before, yes. "Anyway. What's up with you?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:41 pm
A small, amused smile appeared on her face at his overly dramatic response, and despite her desire to do so, she refrained from asking how he'd managed to find her apartment considering the circumstances of the single time he'd visited quite a few weeks ago. Had it been over a month by now? She couldn't remember. "Not much," she replied with an indifferent shrug as she moved to walk beside him as they headed for their destination, "just been hanging around being bored. What about you?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:16 pm
He moved at a leisurely pace, his hands in his pockets. "Eh, same old," he replied, shrugging similarly. A memory dawned in his features, "Oh hey, did all that stuff work out? With your friend?" Still didn't know the guy, but Seraphine had been awfully worked up about it. She seemed okay now, so hopefully…  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:25 pm
She matched his pace readily, though she had no pockets in which to put her hands, so one idly hung off the strap of her purse. "Work and stuff?" She asked absently to his initial response, though she was caught by surprise a little at his sudden question. Such a reaction manifested itself in her expression, but she averted her pale gaze briefly to think about how best to respond. Rather than anything lengthy that he really didn't need to know about, she opted for a simple explanation of, "Yeah, he's fine now. Shouldn't have anymore problems." With his heart, anyway.

After a few moments of thoughtful silence, she countered and asked, "How's Ellia?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:47 pm
An idle nod to confirm her elaboration, and a sidelong glance to watch her reaction to his question. Looked like maybe it was something unpleasant, or possibly just complicated, or… "Oh, cool," he replied, eyebrows raising at the unexpected good news. "That's pretty great." It was easy to forget that people who were hospitalized usually recovered and were released. "Same as usual," he responded to the subject of his sister, his tone noncommittal. "Still playing the waiting game, damn tease that she is."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:05 pm
While the situation was indeed complicated, Sera could see no reason to tell him all about it, because why would she even. "Yeah, it's really good." Though it really sucked about Asch, and then his dad trying to take him and lock him away from his friends when he needed them most, and not wanting to let him out...

Anyway.

His response made her smile a bit. "That's not a very good game. She needs to stop playing it soon," she said, obviously hoping that Ellia would wake up already and be fine.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:29 pm
"********' seriously!" he said, gesturing dramatically - though there was humor in his tone. Absently he pulled his phone from his phone from his pocket, thumbing over a few keys. "That's what I keep telling her, you know? Like holy hell, Ellia, get your s**t together. She'll take her damn sweet time, though, I'm sure. Anyway." He pocketed his phone again as they arrived at their destination, pushing the door open and holding it for Seraphine to pass.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:30 pm
The moment Nate and Sera step into the club, they are met with very sudden and very loud outburst of voices, all at once shouting;
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”
Followed by a stream of joyous cheering, clapping and hollering from a while room of happy club goers, All of them perfect strangers to the girl they were greeting, but all seeming very excited to be a part of what was obviously, a surprise for her.
The entire club filled with people there for the dance, music and drink where facing the door, some lifting their drinks in celebration and smiling.

“Haaaaappy Birthday Sera!” the DJ called from the head of the dance floor, his voice booming through the sound system over the nose of the crowd below.
He would look very familiar, shaved dark blond man with blue eyes, a set of big headphones over his neck, Rosie’s uncle.
Still guiding the music as he leaned forward and pointed toward the higher platforms that were meant for more private occasions “Over here, girl!”

Following his pointed figure Sera would find, a much smaller cluster of people that she would recognize. Gathered up in the VIP aria, among them included a certain blond haired girl, dressed in pink.
Rosie leaned forward on the banister that overlooked the club floor, waving her hand out to Sera, with a bright smile on her face.

Luke stood not far from where Rosie was, far from matching her enthusiasm but able to offer a small smile, resting his hands on the rail as he regarded the arrivals.

A pair of mossy green eyes also watched from the higher level, hung back a little more, with a wide grin half hidden behind a drape of gray hair, clapping along with the rest of the club’s guests.

Next to Ray and Luke was Yuri, a hand on his hip and a cheerful smile on his face. Despite their rocky relationship, he'd still shown up to support her.

There was also a shy blonde boy in the mix. Emil's head ducked a little but a tiny smile was still on his face as he clapped for her as well.

Among the group was also Akira. grouped with Sera's friends, and not so much friends but still important to Sera.
Either way, they had all turned out for her day.  

League Trainer Rosie

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:52 pm
It already sounded like Ellia was taking her damn sweet time, as Nate had put it, though she intended to wait to respond until after she stepped through the door. Before she could even think of a single word, however, a sudden blast of voices startled her into silence as they wished her a happy birthday. All she could do was stare wide-eyed first at the main floor, then up to the VIP section in which she immediately recognized a bunch of her friends. Her face flushed a bit as her gut reaction was to half-turn and--

--see a bouncer at the door. Well s**t. Instead she masked the initial desire to escape with a suspicious glance with a tiny smile up at Nate, "You were in on this the whole time, weren't you?" Still, she couldn't even begin to hope to be upset - her friends had planned this all for her, despite the fact she'd never even mentioned her birthday to any of them this year. They had no idea she'd intended to just try and ignore it, but this surprise party blew that intention out of the water so fast she couldn't even... Holy crap they threw her a surprise party. And she hadn't even been the slightest bit suspicious. Well crap.

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff