Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:42 pm
Henrietta felt like she was really getting the hang of this outdoor, trainer life-style. Her frustration with how long it took her to walk from place to place still burned a little inside her, but she knew that time spent on the journey could be used to train Gummy, and now Winglet.
The Zubat was safely tucked away inside her Quick Ball for now, while the Totodile, Gummy, wandered along, expressionless, beside his happy trainer as they journeyed along the path toward Makko Town.

"I hear this is where most trainers start here," The young trainer was explaining to her silent companion animatedly "so we got a head start already but it'll be so cool to see this place anyway, right? I bet the trainers here will be so impressed with you- maybe we'll even get to battle! Oh, man, we'll win for sure but it'll be awesome to meet other new trainers, right? And all those pokémon to make friends with!" She was excited. It had been another fairly long journey with just a few moments of excitement, so any settlement, with an increase in people, was extremely appealing.
"Oh! We can food too!" The supplies she could carry did well enough to keep her alive, but her stomach rumbled at the thought of finding a hot meal. "This is going to be awesome!"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:54 pm
User ImageUser Image
Yawning Ke stretched out her hands cracking her knuckles and winced at the sound. Her absol lifted his head up and looked at her from on her bed. “Sorry Abs I promise I’m almost done.” The absol snorted and went back to laying down while she finished wrapping the herbs she got up into small bundles with fishing line. They would be added to the others dangling from more line in her little apartment to dry out to use for later. They wouldn’t be as strong as fresh herbs but it was a trade off for having a long lasting shelf life. When she finished she let out a small breath of accomplishment and smiled. Scooting her chair back she wasn’t surprised to see her absol lift his head up again to watch her. “Oh alright I know you’re bored to tears so let’s go for a walk.” “Sooollll.” She was always amazed at how quickly Absinth could get up and beat her to the door even if she were much closer. He kept turning his head to the door and then back to Ke. Laughing she hurried up and grabbed her bag and opened the door for him.

Out in Makko town she set off at a brisk pace with no real destination in mind since she would be helping at the Pokemon center latter all she really needed to do was to stay close to town.

(sorry for the late reply. Exam.. good news I passed ^.^)  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:54 pm
Reoakee
Ooh, congrat's! ^.^ No worries about response time- RP is for when can and when want to. smile

Gummy's tail twitched and it seemed almost like he was 'sniffing' the air for a moment. The moment passed very quickly and Gummy's brief halt wasn't even noticed by his purple-haired trainer. He waddled along, from her point of view, exactly as he had been doing, there beside her with his vacant expression.

The town was close now and Henrietta, shielding her eyes despite the sun not really proving much of an obstacle to seeing clearly ahead of them (she just thought that looked cooler), spotted a figure ahead.
"Hey! People!" She told Gummy enthusiastically, looking down at the Totodile for a moment. She looked, and put her hand to 'shield' her view, once again, this time spotting the movement of a four legged pokémon.
A pokémon that she hadn't encountered before, even with all the bustling trainers going to and from her home city.
"A trainer! C'mon Gummy!" Henrietta called as she started to jog toward the other pair. She suspected she knew that silhouette from pictures and descriptions, perhaps even had seen something like it on TV once or twice but...
"Oh awesome!" She was loud as she got closer. "An Absol!"
Gummy toddled along behind her, arriving a good few seconds behind the girl.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:11 am
Gwennythe
*kidnaps you as a epic RP partner* Thank you for your understanding.

A trainer came jogging up to Ke with a cute little totodile trailing along behind. Ke smiled seeing how interested the girl was in her Absol. She watched the totodile walk and was wondering how it had such interesting eyes. “Hello there.” She stopped walking so that she point out directions if this person was new to town. Ke didn’t know all the places in Makko town but she could point out where the Pokémon center was and from there it would be a simple matter to find the other places in town. Absol stood at her side looking the trainer over. His eyes drifted to the totodile. Nodding his head at the other Pokémon; Ke wondered if they would get along. Absinth needed more friends. Turning her attention back to the trainer she figured an introduction was in order. “I’m Ke, this is Absinth.” She gestured to her partner with a hand. The trainer in front of her seemed so yo
ung. She had to just be starting out, so was she coming back to town after training in the surrounding area? Ke’s eyes looked at the totodile and didn’t see any clear signs of battle. Ke nibbled her lip still looking at the cute little green Pokémon. She was certain there was nothing wrong with it but there was still something a bit off.  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 am
Reoakee

"Hey!" Henrietta responded with the same enthusiasm she'd just commented on Absinth with. Her pink eyes were alight with interest and her teeth flashed in a grin as Ke made introductions.
"Hi Ke! Absinth!" She was a bit loud, perhaps. "I'm Henrietta, but most people shorten that to something," Her experience with a certain trainer in Sagestone, had, at least, quelled some of the embarrassment around her own name "and this is Gummy! It's awesome to meet you both! We've never met an Absol before; they're so cool! Would Absinth mind if I petted him?"

The Totodile came to a stop when his trainer did, though waddled a half step further, toward the Absol and trainer. His staring eyes moved from human to pokémon and, at Absinth's nod, the water type blinked first his left eye, then his right, before staring at him again.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:10 pm
Gwennythe
Yay for passing final exam.. now I get a week off before summer classes... *hates college*

Perky. It was the word that ran through Ke’s mind when it came to the young trainer. Perky people were usually annoying, and loud. She winced a bit at the decibel volume Henrietta used. That part of the stereotype held true. Still her Pokémon was in good health as far as she could tell so the girl couldn’t be that bad. Smiling she looked at Absinth he was busy staring at the totodile. “I don’t think he’ll mind at all. Especially not if it means he gets one of these.” Ke pulled a small bag out of her pocket that had her homemade Pokémon treats. Opening the bag she wasn’t surprised to see Abs’s head turn toward them. "Sol?" Pulling out a treat she offered it to the young trainer. “would you mind terribly if I offered your totodile a few? Their fairly healthy and if it’s nibbling on these I find I don’t get bitten as much.” She winked having dealt with totodile’s in the Pokémon center before.  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:58 pm
Reoakee
Congrat's! ^.^ Ah, college here is slightly different- I don't hate what I do there but the paperwork is a pain.

"Oh cool! Sure! Gummy loves getting free food!" Henrietta looked at the treat, than back at Ke. "Hey, could I have one too?" Did she know they were specifically pokémon treats? Probably.
The girl crouched, reaching out a hand to scritch beside Absinth's 'horn' as she offered her hand, palm flat and treat in center, toward his mouth.
"Oh, Gummy never bites!"
Gummy snapped his jaws open and closed.
"Well, Gummy never bites hard!"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:12 pm
Gwennythe
Thank you. Well I suppose hate is a strong word, but as far as my classes go I fee like this semester was the most harsh and painful semester I have had at college. Logically I know that most nurses drop out or fail during this semester but to watch so many of my classmates fail when I know how hard they worked makes me so sad and just annoyed at the exams we had to take.

Ke crouched down to feed the totodile but looked up at the trainer surprised. “um.. sure?” It would taste rather sweet with an overlay of salt and there wasn’t anything that would harm a human per say. Crunchy for certain. She offered another treat to the girl before turning to the totodile. Holding her hand out palm flat she offered the totodile a treat. “Well Gummy I have a few treats so don’t bite to much even if it’s not hard ok?” She wanted to see how the totodile would move to see if it was moving and acting in a healthy manner. Most totodiles she saw were bursting with energy. This little one seemed fairly subdued. “Is Gummy not feeling well?”

Keeping his eyes on the hand that was reaching to touch him Absinth slowly moved his head forward to snag the treat. Humans always wanted to touch him it seemed. He was tense but didn’t flinch or snarl at the over eager loud human.  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm
Reoakee
Ah. o.o *nods* Nursing is something that amazes me when people get through it; seems like so so much work.

"Thanks!" Henrietta took the treat happily- she was hungry after all- and shoved it into her mouth. "Mmf! Iff gudd!" She declared, mouth full, while reaching out to pet the Absol still. *Munch, munch* "Hif fur'f fso fsosft!"

The trainer swallowed the treat and looked over to see Gummy open wide and snap up the treat in one, surprisingly well aimed, bite. Even tilting his head so he wouldn't bite the human.
Once the treat was gone, though, Gummy was his odd self again.

"Huh? No, I don't think he's ill..." Henrietta suddenly sounded a little concerned, just a little, and called over "Are you feeling ill, Gummy?!"
The Totodile blinked his eyes, out of sync.
"Nope!" She sounded relieved despite that. "He's fine! I think he really liked the treat though! I did too! Those are awesome!"  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:30 am
Gwennythe
Yes there is a lot of work, but this stage in our education *in the RN program now almost done* only those who really want this and have been working hard fora long time to get here.

Ke wasn’t certain what shocked her more; the fact the girl actually ate Pokémon food or the fact that this was normal for the totodile. “Well I’m glad that you both like my cooking. As for Gummy, well most totodiles I have met bounce more that Gummy here and aren’t nearly as calm or well behaved.” Smiling she patted Gummy on the head making sure to rub just above his eye ridges where the little one couldn’t reach as easily. She pulled out another treat with her free hand to offer Gummy before pulling another one for Henrietta to give to Abs. She was happy he was being so well behaved. “So how did you and Gummy meet?”

Absol sat down with a soft thumb on the grass and started to look around. He was getting bored. His let out a small huff of a breath and looked at the back of his human’s head. His tail twitched watching her look the other Pokémon over.  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:14 am
"You made these? Awesome! They're delicious!" Henrietta confirmed, then grinned at the comments about Gummy.
"Nah, he's well behaved, yeah, but he's just conserving his energy for when he gets to battle again. We're awesome at battling and he loves it!"

Gummy blinked lazily as Ke rubbed his head. He might have been enjoying it; there were no complaints or biting attempts. Then, there was another treat and the Totodile become more animated once more, snapping it up as soon as it was offered.

Henrietta held the treat she was given out to Absinth, again reaching to pet near his horn.
"Oh, my grandparents got him for me so I could be a trainer... I don't know where they got 'im but he's my best friend now; really awesome partner! How about you and Absinth? He looks really cool!"  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:25 pm
Gwennythe

Ke nodded her head still examining Gummy. It was true he looked fairly healthy he just stayed rather docile until he was shown treats. It was interesting. “Well that’s good that he’s so patient. I’m really impressed he’s so good with strangers. Your grandparents picked a good partner for you.” One was as spazzy as a normal totodile and the other was calm and collected. Somehow it seemed to work in Ke’s mind. “Thank you. Absinth was a gift from my uncle.” She blushed. “I never bothered to ask where he got Abs from because I never really got to see my uncle much. I used to have a typhlosion a long time ago, but a lot of things happened.” Ke sighed not really sure if Henrietta had the attention span for her story, and if Ke even had the will to tell it all. “Unlike you I was never much of a trainer I suppose. I don’t really like battling all that much but I love taking care of Pokémon and helping out at the Pokémon center here in town. Absinth here makes sure I stay safe when I go out and get herbs and other things I need for poultices and for making those Pokémon treats you and Gummy like so much.” She glanced at Abs not sure if Absinth liked to battle and was missing out on things because of Ke’s avoidance of it.

Absinth pulled back and sniffed the strange human’s hand. Looking around it moved forward and started sniffing the human’s coat. The human smelled of other Pokémon besides the totodile. He grunted and raised a paw bumping the strange human’s leg repeatedly.  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:01 am
Reoakee

"They really did! He's so awesome! Oh, cool! Nah, I didn't ask where Gummy came from either; d'ya think we should have? I don't really care where he came from to be honest, he's such a great partner... Your uncle must be pretty cool; Absinth is awesome." Henrietta paused in petting the Absol to listen to Ke speak for a moment and pulled a face at her claim.
"Training ain't just about battling though; 's just what me and Gummy and Winglet are best at! We're gonna be the best! Maybe even Champions one day! But training can mean other stuff right? Being able to heal your own pokémon, or teaching them how to heal themselves sounds totally cool!" She'd never have the patience for it, but the idea of the end result was cool, at least. "Learning all that sounds kinda lame," She admitted "but I bet you're awesome at using it anyway."

The trainer looked down with a 'hm?' as Absinth began to paw at her.
"Hey! Whatcha doing? I don't have treats in there..." She grinned, mistakenly interpreting the behaviour for treat-seeking.

Gummy's arms moved up and down, his tail back and forth, and then he was still again. Perhaps, finally, a signal of how much he'd liked the treat... Or just a random movement because he felt like it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:18 am
Gwennythe

Ke shook her head then nodded respectively when the topics came up. No Henrietta shouldn’t have asked, because she was right her Pokémon partner was good for her. Yes Ke’s uncle was a wonderful person from what Ke could remember, and yes Abs was an amazing Pokémon. She half smiled at the girl’s exclamation of a trainer. At least Henrietta was honest in her feelings on the matter. “It might be lame, but without it there would be no people to run the Pokemon centers, plus I really like helping Pokémon.” She petted Gummy and stood up decided that while quirky Gumy was doing just fine. “I’m sure you and Gummy feel the same way about your battles.” She watched Abs continue his behavior surprised. Absinth wasn’t often so friendly. He must like this girl. “He must smell something you have. Absinth has got a pretty good nose. He helps me find injured wild Pokémon to treat.” She looked to Gummy and spread her hands out a bit. “Sorry Gummy I have more treats but I like to save some for any other Pokémon I come across, so maybe next time I see you and Henrietta I’ll have a special batch just for you two. Till then no more treats from me ok?” She watched Abs trying to figure out what he was after.

Absol shook his head. “Sol, Abbsol, Sol sol sooool.” He looked at the trainer and kept staring still bumping her softly with a paw.  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:08 pm
Reoakee

"Yeah, I know... I can't imagine just sitting and learning all that stuff though! I'd forget it before I'd even learned all of it. You're probably good at it though, if you like it that much, huh?" She grinned. "Yeah we do! We love to battle! We're good at it too! Um, huh." She patted herself, as though suddenly wondering- did she have food on her after all? What could she have that the Absol could smell?
"Well, I don't have any food for him to sniff out; we kinda ran outta that before we got here! All I've got on me is my trainer stuff and my pokéballs!" One containing a Zubat, but she still hadn't made the connection.

Gummy's head lulled to the side, though his expression didn't change. There was no sign either way of him being disappointed or not.
He then stared straight ahead at Absinth, who was looking for a pokémon apparently.
His jaws opened and closed once.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces