Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:26 pm
Dove looked herself over in the mirror, lifting her hair from her neck as she appraised the back of the dress she donned with a smile before tossing her long locks over her shoulder and tousling them for what seemed like the thousandth time that evening. With a small sway in her step, she made her way to the door and slid into her heels, pausing just a moment taking the locket from her neck and setting it aside for the first time in years. That done, she gathered what she needed, then made her way out of the apartment, headed down the sidewalk toward her destination for the evening.

The moment she arrived, she slid in through the doors smoothly, slipping her jacket off and taking to the edge of the dance floor, looking for anything she might deem interesting before diving in. The looks she received drew a brilliant smile to her face-- a few young men certainly looked like they had seen something they deemed interesting, and within moments, she was on the dance floor, letting go for the first time in what felt like forever, her mind lost in the music and the beat of the company around her.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:56 am
A young man casually entered the club, glancing around a while before seating himself at the bar counter and ordering himself a green apple martini. He leaned back and surveyed the place as he waited for his beverage to be made, watching the dance floor with curiosity.

Perhaps if he studied club dancing before trying to participate in it some more...but no, it didn't look as if there was any specific pattern or particular steps to learn. It just seemed impulsive, passionate; caught-in-the-moment-type dancing that simply changed to adapt to whatever music came on.

Amid the dancers, he thought he caught sight of a familiar face and brown hair. He knew a couple of brunettes, but a look at this one's face quickly revealed to him who this was. Brown eyes, not green. Her garments were rather...racey, it seemed, and Akira was somewhat aghast at her choice, but he noted that a young man raised less formally might have appreciated the short nature of the dress. He watched her for a time, wondering if she was enjoying herself.  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:19 pm
Dove was, indeed, enjoying herself, laughing and dancing as though she had no cares in the world this night. The music seemed to take control of her, her lithe body pulsing and rolling smoothly with those around her, gracefully succeeding in keeping the touches of the men around her to a modest level as the songs switched beats. With a new dress and little agenda, the venture was a startling contrast to the last time she had elected to dive into this scene.

After a few long minutes, as the songs switched yet again, one of the young men around her took her by the hand and led her out of the throng of swaying bodies, tugging her over to the bar as she laughingly rejected his string of suggested drinks. Finally, after a few silly expressions were exchanged in jest, the man gave in and ordered her a lighter drink, shaking his head and offering it to her with a peck on the cheek before diving back into the crowd, a smirk over his shoulder and a look that dared her to chase him once she was rested.

She rolled her eyes fondly as she watched him disappear, then turned her back to the dance floor, brushing a hand down the lace sleeve that covered only one arm, her other shoulder bare and glowing under the lights of the club.
Drink in hand, she took a few steps and stopped, blinking through the ever changing beams of color as she noticed a familiar face herself. After a moment's pause, she made her way over to him, a friendly smile shining on a face framed by perfectly tousled hair. "Fancy seeing you here," she greeted him, stopping close by.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:26 pm
"You seem like you're having fun," Akira commented off-handedly, thanking the bartender for his drink as he accepted it. "That's good. Clubs are a new thing for me, personally, but you seem like you've had experience with them before."

He paused, considering. "I was told they have age limits for clubs like these. I guess, come to think of it, that would make sense considering the drinks and such...but do you know if a younger person might be allowed into a club if they had a chaperon to vouch for them...?"  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:34 pm
She blinked, confused at how casually he addressed her, but shrugged and answered him all the same, though it sounded more like they were picking up a conversation they had seemingly left only moments ago.

"You'd be amazed at some of the things I've done in my free time," she told him half playfully, half with a serious tone as she slid into the seat beside him. "They've got age limits, I'm sure, but as long as you're over eighteen years old, you can get in... you just can't buy your own drinks. Pretty sure they don't let children in, though, if that's what you're asking..." Odd, she thought. Was he planning on bringing someone that underage? That had to be completely illegal, and there was no way it could be safe... "There are clubs that teenagers can get into, but they've got restricted hours and I haven't seen any on Kodo yet. I haven't really looked for them either, though, so..."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:40 pm
"I'm sure," he agreed at the mention of what she did in her free time. He sipped at his drink experimentally. "Mm...not bad. But no, I wasn't talking about children. There's a friend of mine who's probably around sixteen. I just wondered if she'd be allowed to get in here if I accompanied her. She's never been to a club before and she wanted to know what it was like." He sat back and glanced at the DJ and then to the people dancing. "It's so different here..."  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:46 pm
She too, glanced out at the dance floor and the DJ. "Yes.. sorry, but I don't think they would let her in if she's so young... especially if she looks it, too. I'm not sure how safe it would be for a young girl like that, but," she shrugged a little, "There are definitely girls out there who can handle this atmosphere at a much younger age, so... I'm really no one to judge." Though something in the back of her mind sparked at the thought.

She tilted her head, turning her attention back to him. "Different? What do you mean?" The drink was left untouched in her hand.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:53 pm
"I wouldn't be so concerned for her saftey since I'd be the one watching her," Akira replied. "Maybe not here, then. But I'm sure I saw one or two clubs that allow younger people as long as they don't smoke or drink..." His voice trailed off as he lost his train of thought. "Anyway, I'll look into it another time."

"Hm? Oh, just...different from what I'm used to," he explained. "I mean I've seen places like this in movies and stuff, but it's so different actually physically being here, with the music and vibrations and lights."  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:01 pm
Her eyes turned to from him to her drink which she finally raised to her lips and took a sip of. He seemed so distant, but what was she to expect...? Never the less, she nodded, then lowered her drink again, before offering him another smile, though she didn't turn her face to him again.

"I'm sure! They're fun... We used to go out and play after shoots or shows every once in a while, so I guess I'm kind of used to it. It is strange coming alone, though." She shook the thought from her mind. "You're liking it so far?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:11 pm
"You didn't used to go alone?" he asked, sounding mildly surprised. It hadn't struck him that clubs were places you went with people, generally - he had thought they were more of places to meet people at. "Liking what? Oh, oh; the club," he realized, putting a hand to his head. "Yeah, it's a nice atmosphere. Very...lively. Energetic. Really lets you get absorbed in the music." That's what he had come there to do, mostly. "I'm still not quite sure what dance steps would be suitable for this sort of thing, though."  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:17 pm
"No, not really. It was usually a group of us, or if I decided to go on another night, my boyfriend would go with me," she explained, her easygoing expression turning sour for a moment. She recovered quickly though, straightened in her seat and looked out at the crowd again, smiling as the song changed to one she knew. "Now it's just kind of an adventure and a way to let go, I suppose. You really do get absorbed in the music, but that's what it's about, you know?"

At his mention of dance steps, she grinned and turned to him, shaking her head. "There are no steps for this sort of thing, at least, not for most of the songs. It's just passion in motion. Freedom to do what you want, move how you want..."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:22 pm
He nodded slowly in confirmation to all that Dove said as he stared at the throng of people on the dance floor.

"Oh, huh," he murmured, wondering if this was at least partly why classical dancing was generally considered superior to dancing like this. This didn't have any real steps to learn. "I see."  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:30 pm
She sipped again at her drink, then turned to him completely. "Are you okay? If I'm bothering you, I can go away and dance if you'd like," she told him, a ghost of a smile playing at her lips. "Ooorrr, we can both down these drinks and you can come dance with me. If you'd like~ You can't really experience it if you're not part of it."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:36 pm
Shaking his head, he answered, "No, just lost in thought. Don't mind me." At her invitation, however, he regarded her, then the dancers, then his drink. Finishing off the green liquid, he hopped off his chair. "Guess you're right. Might as well, since I'm here."  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:45 pm
As he hopped off the chair, she smiled brightly and reached for his hand to lead him onto the dance floor, much to the chagrin of her original dance partner from before. Once surrounded by the other dancers, she began to move as the beat swelled, keeping a small distance as she waited to see how he would handle his own. She would wait for his lead for now if he really wanted to dance with her.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff