Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:44 pm
The thing with the pidgey went lovely.

Okay maybe not as bad as it could have been. It had been ages since he'd had such a young pokemon, not since he'd caught Brisbane. He didn't remember her being nearly as timid, though, and she'd taken to him like a fly to honey. He really liked that sneasel. She was more than a handful sometimes, but loyal to a fault and he knew he could always depend on her. That was why the sneasel was shuffling alongside him at the moment and the pidgey tucked away safely in his pokeball. The little thing was rainbows, much like Jasper, but nowhere near ready to let wander outside his ball.

The lanky man stretched, his back popping in several places. He really liked the sunlight, he didn't see enough of it, and basked in it's warmth as he trudged along from the Camphoreon park he had been attempting to bond with the pidgey in. His shock of unnaturally red hair seemed to glimmer in the sun's glow and he briefly worried about burning, but only briefly. He'd only really worry once it started to hurt.

"So what's on the agenda, then? Lunch? We've got time yet."

"Lunch sounds good."

"Lunch it is, then."

While he couldn't understand the short, clawed critter at his side, he assumed she was agreeing with him. Even if she wasn't really, he'd probably just assume she did.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:18 pm
Dove walked along through the crowded shops near the main park, Lovey tucked safely in her arms as she pondered what they might do for lunch.

Stopping close to an outdoor cafe, the girl considered the menu while the eevee turned to peek over her shoulder, large curious eyes searching the sidewalks for anything she might deem interesting. When a man with a sneasel appeared, she wiggled, her tail twitching and alerting her trainer to something moving towards them, and with a fond grin at the pokemon in her arms, Dove turned to look in the direction of her companion's amusement.

However the sight with which she was met had her blinking, both at the pokemon and the head of startlingly red hair.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:51 am
Brisbane noticed Dove and Lovey far sooner than her master, as was typical. The smallish, sharp clawed predator enjoyed hunting - if not for some creature to bully or impress, for a target for Fisher to take on. While a loyal and helpful pokemon, she was still a sneasel and was very typical of her kin. At first she considered darting forward and giving the girl and her eevee a start, but reconsidered it and wrapped a clawed paw about her master's leg in an effort to catch his attention. The motion, one that annoyed him, nearly caused him to trip over her.

The cafe wasn't really what he had in mind, but he guessed it would do... Oh? He noticed the girl looking him over. Oh. Oh. That was what had Brizzy's interest, eh?

She was pretty, he had to admit that. She looked familiar, too. Maybe he had seen her somewhere before, but he couldn't recall where for the life of him. She was very pretty, though... But too young for him anyway. He wasn't interested in a relationship as it were - his last had ended in a fiery nosedive and he didn't usually fancy himself with the thoughts of future interests. He did, though, considered himself off duty at the moment and was a bit irked that Brisbane didn't think so. He was never really "off duty," but he felt he needed some space and a breather.

That was a cute eevee, though. They were usually highly sought after.

"Hello, miss. That's a cute eevee you've got. What's it's name?" He offered her his best smile. He might have been considering trying to steal from her, but there was no sense in being rude now, was there?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:39 pm
When the man approached her, her cheeks flushed a light pink as she realized she had likely been staring. Upon closer inspection, she noted that he looked older than her, though perhaps not by much, and the sneasel at his side... well. She hadn't had much experience with that type, and though it didn't look as though it had any cruel intent toward her or her pokemon, she had to be careful.

At the man's smile and question, however, she offered a smile of her own in return, then looked down to the pokemon curled against her chest before addressing his question. "Hello, and thank you! Her name is Lovey..." Her smile switched from bright to something of slight embarrassment. "I've had her since I was a little girl..." she laughed, hoping it would explain the childish name her companion donned.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:19 pm
Brisbane was irked by both Fisher's idle chatter and how adorable the little eevee was. And how adorable her name was. She kept at her master's side, though, leaning against him almost protectively and her faint grin was almost playful. She'd labeled the girl, possibly inaccurately, as easy pickings. She'd not budge unless the man next to her told her to do so and instead kept her red eyes trained on the little fox pokemon.

Well, since girlhood did explain the sickeningly sweet pet name the eevee. The smile only faded to a faint grin and he laid a hand on the top of Brisbane's head. She turned upwards to give him a bit of a glare.

"Lovey is still a suiting name. Don't mind Brisbane, here. Briz can be a bit of a sourpuss sometimes, but that's all." He gave the pokemon a wary eye and she snorted slightly. "I think she's cranky cos it's lunch time! Have you ever eaten here before? Is it any good?" He gestured towards the outdoor cafe with his left hand, the right still planted on the sneasel's head. While he preferred Camphoreon over any of the other places he had visited in the region, as it reminded him of home somewhat, he spent more time at HQ than there.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:48 pm
At the man's comment, Lovey barked softly once in thanks, her tail waving as Dove shifted her hold on her.

Dove smiled, and her eyes switched to the pokemon at his side again--Brisbane, she noted-- before she lifted them to address the man again. "I definitely know the feeling of having surly companions... Another of mine is the same way, half of the time," she told him, fondly thinking of her typhlosion. "Food usually does do the trick though and yes, this place is wonderful! They had excellent soup during the winter...I'm not sure how their spring food is, though..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:39 pm
"Well, their spring fare is probably just as good. We'd planned on popping in. If you recommend it, I am sure it'll work just fine." He glanced away from the girl and gave the menu a twice over. He wasn't really thathungry, but he could stand to eat something or another. Briz definitely needed something in her belly and he had some pokefood packed away... Might as well treat her. He gave another look towards the adorable eevee, with it's heart shaped birth mark. He didn't really had it in him at the moment to do anything rash.

Just lunch would be nice. He didn't really feel like added stress in the moment, much to Brisbane's dismay. Then again, if he had her trust it might be easier to steal from her. He'd worry about that later.

"I think I'll order something. I'm Alex, by the way. Care to join me? My treat."

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:56 pm
She smiled as he accepted her recommendation, then nodded stepping toward the line once more as he said he would order something. "It's nice to meet you, Alex. I'm Dove," she told him in response to his name, though she blinked at his offer. "We would love to join you, though you really don't have to treat us..." she smiled, her cheeks flushing lightly. It had been a while since someone had offered, and she had more than enough to cover her own expenses. Of course, she wouldn't outright refuse. It was a kind gesture of course...  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:13 pm
"Pleasure's all mine."

Oh man, what sounded good? He supposed he could get a light salad. Maybe a chef's salad. Briz would surely want something a bit meaty, given her more carnivorous diet. He was a bit too absorbed in his own internal debate about what fare to eat to noticed her flush cheeks. If he had, he might have even been more conflicted about whether or not he should try and lift the eevee. A bit of his old life, his life before joining the Rockets, seemed to sneak through now and again, back when he was studious in his studies and taking from others was not a priority in his life. It felt literally like a lifetime ago.

"Don't worry about it, really. I've got it covered. Order whatever you like."

He'd had a little one on one with his new pidgey and now would have a nice lunch on a pleasant afternoon with what seemed to be good company. Not that he didn't like his teammates, far from it, but it felt nice to be out and about.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:20 pm
She smiled a little, then nodded in acceptance. "Thank you, Alex," she told him with a smile, stepping up to stand next to him to look at the menu once more. "That's really kind of you."

After a few minutes of waiting, the girl stepped up to the counter to order her food, her cheeks still a bit pink. Though of course this wasn't the first time someone had offered to buy her something, it humbled her moreso now than it had back home. Here it was an act of kindness, not just a polite obligation. With that done, she stepped to the side to allow the man some space, looking again to the Sneasel at his leg. Lovey wiggled, then barked quietly down to the other pokemon. the little eevee asked, ears perked.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:23 pm
"Any time." He waited patiently as Dove gave her order and, once it was his turn, gave his own. Lodgings and what not were covered by HQ and he really didn't do much in the way of external activities. He could afford this splurge easily enough and thought nothing of it. He gave his own order with a bit more cheer to his voice and pep in his step than he had possessed earlier that morning. Once he had their number and had paid the bill, he too stepped aside.

The sneasel's stubby ear swiveled slightly towards the eevee and the feathered one twitched. It was a bit longer than usual for an average female sneasel, giving her a more male-like outward appearance. It was merely superficial, though, and many either did not notice or did not care.

"Yes." She blinked owlishly as she spared the eevee a glance. Her thin scowl turned to a mischevious grin.

"Lovey, right? What kind of name is Lovey, anyway?"

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:01 pm
She smiled to Alex, then stepped to the side to wait as their orders were prepared, glancing again to the Sneasle as Lovey continued her conversation with it.

Lovey's ears flipped, and she frowned a little.

Dove waited, then spoke up again. "So, are you two just out enjoying the weather today? It really is beautiful out here, though the forecast is calling for rain later..." She herself had just returned from the meadow she and her team had found, not too far away, their training for the morning finished.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:35 pm
"It's really kind of... Wussy, don't you think?"

The sneasel's grin only seemed to widen as she purposefully tried to egg on the eevee. Maybe Alex was content in a little, boring luncheon, but Brisbane was not. Nothing wrong with a little passive aggressive banter, right?

"Oh yeah, I do love the nice salt air out here and the little park makes for a nice walk. I have to say, I am pretty impressed with Camphoreon. It's bustling, but nice. I've gotten a new pokemon. Still too young to battle, I believe, but he's cute. Still needs some house training, if you know what I mean. We were out letting him play and stretch his wings for a bit." He absentmindedly thumbed the newest pokeball hanging from his hip. "Just a pidgey, though. Nothing insanely impressive. Hopefully the forecasters were wrong and the nice weather holds out. They can be pretty dang unreliable sometimes."

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:30 pm
The eevee's ear twitched, and she shrugged, settling back again into her trainers arms. she told the sneasel surely, watching him curiously.

The young model smiled brightly. "I know that feeling too, actually! Two of mine are young," she told him, realizing if he were to ask she would have to skirt the immediate details. It would do no good to let another person on to Trill's existence, especially when it had been received so poorly by the first few people. "I love cute pokemon! I'm sure he's adorable, and playing is probably best for him at this point. I tend to do while the others train."

Dove nodded, agreeing with the man again. "I do hope they were mistaken. My team isn't fond of rain, and we've got errands to run, later..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items