Submit

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The mid-morning sun siphoned down through the canopy, stained a light, glowing green-white from spring's new leaves. A doe, nestled comfortably in a ray of sun, smiled softly as she listened to the sounds that sprung up around her. A brook bubbled nearby; a pair of mongeese chattered in the trees; and hundreds of birds called to their loved ones. A gentle breeze rustled the soft grass, brushing it against her hide and running its way through the faded red that cascaded over her shoulder.

The doe lifted her white streaked muzzle to the sky, and one by one, sung out an exact copy of the songs she heard before pricking her ears and awaiting a reply. Each time she waited with bated breath, and gave a happy sigh when a call returned.

This is how the doe spent most of her days; alone, away from everyone, conversing with birds. On quiet days, when the birds were too busy to humor the lonely doe with their songs, she would mimic the other sounds that resonated throughout the swamp, trying desperately to turn sounds into words with next to no success.

Today was a day that lay on the brink of quiet. She received few of the bird's attentions and her smile had begun to dim as she contemplated the conversations she would have if only somekin could understand her. It was a new sound that brought her from these thoughts. Ears pricked high and eyes wide, she concentrated. The new voice belonged to a bird, a song bird, if she was correct, but it's owner wasn't one of her frequent visitors. It's voice was unique, and it repeated a similar call every so often. Curious, her lips parted and whistled out the same call, hoping to draw it out so she could see.

Jun D
Derp, sorry if it sucks! I feel like I was rambling, but it's 2:30, so what can I say? x_x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The journey had begun in darkness, the darkness had eventually given way to light. He saw little more in light than he had in darkness, but that was no matter. He saw little; he never had. He travelled as he always did - on the wings of song.

His bird's song, to be exact, his wilful, capricious companion's. It hardly trilled in daylight, much more of a nightsoul, his Darkling, but there were exceptions, and today was one. He had expected the twittering call to cease as dawn rose, but it had not, and so he still followed, eyes upturned and hardly seeing, tired hooves tripping but ever ready.

"What is it, Darkling," he murmured from time to time, never quite finishing with that you seek, or that we? There was a brook, not far; there was a breeze. All a sudden, Darkling ceased, and Flickering stopped where he stood, disoriented.

Blinded By Silence
And FINALLY. I am so sorry for the prolonged wait, I was overseas for a few weeks and everything went to pot. QAQ And, noo, your starter was lovely!

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Silence was her only response, a reaction that made her lips pout and a sigh escape through her soft nose. It was such a beautiful song... Perhaps... Perhaps she could try again?

She drew in air and released it, letting forth a perfect imitation of the birdsong. The gentle, graceful notes floated up and out, dancing in the breeze, soon followed by a curious, calling whistle that seemed to say 'come out'.

Jun D
OMG SO SORRY for the delay!! Dx My muse has been dead for so long... ; ^; It's so short... - dies-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:57 am
"Have you found it, Darkling?" he smiled, as the songbird fluttered to rest on his back, "it looks a rare bird, but it sounds just like you. A new friend?"

It was only when the jeweled bush upon which the touch of red he'd taken for a bird shifted, wavering blurrily in his vision, that it dawned upon him the bush was not a bush, and the touch of red hardly a bird.

"Oh, I am so sorry," he hastily said, mortified, "I hadn't realised you were a Kin!"

Blinded By Silence
As you can see, there is no need to apologise. QAQ I AM SO SO SORRY! And short is awesome, all my back-and-forth posts are super-short. XD;;

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Mimi was listening so intently for the sound of wings, she had completely missed the hoof-falls of the approaching buck. When his voice rang out, she quickly turned, letting out a startled squeak. Lowering her head, the shy doe stepped back slowly and gave a wary whistle as her eyes climbed the kin before her. Smokey black, he was, with a delicate pattern of ash and lavender dancing over him. Upon his back, however was a darling little bird. Had this been the one she heard, she wondered?
Jun D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:11 am
Still...he thought confusedly as he tilted his head to make better sense of the blur...it sounded like a bird.

"Not that I have ever known a bird so large," he murmured aloud in puzzlement, "though there is much I do not know."

Well, he wasn't quite sure.

Behind his ear, Darkling chirped angry missives at him in exasperation.

Blinded By Silence
<3

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:41 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mimi gave a wistful little skree, she was definitely not a bird, though she wished she was. Maybe then she'd have someone to really talk to. Alas, she was a kin and so was this visitor. He seemed harmless, she thought, however confused he was. Could he not see? She remedied this by responding with a soft scale in the song of all kin, the odd whale song for which the Kimeti were known for.

Jun D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:44 am
"Oh, yes then you are a Kin," he said, smiling kindly, partly in relief that the puzzle was past, "and you do not speak Kin tongues? The Motherfather makes us as we are - I cannot see well, so do pardon my confusion."

"Your birdsong sounds excellent," he continued, as Darkling finally flittered over to their new companion, twittering, "I do believe you are the one my friend has been seeking all night."

Blinded By Silence

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:49 pm

She twittered in agreement at this bucks blurry eyed observation. So he was blind, how interesting she thought as the pretty little bird landed on a nearby branch. Mimi cooed pleasantly at the complement, it was an odd thing to be insecure of, but when the birds don't always respond, she did wonder...

Jun D
UGH, bad post is bad, so sorry...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:01 am
"Well, go on, Darkling," he said, pleasantly, "we have found the one you seek. There's no need to be shy. What is it you've been wanting to tell her?"

A torrent of scolding in his direction - not that he'd know it.

"Don't mind me, miss," Flickering politely inclined his head, then neatly sank to the ground, resting comfortable in the soft grass, "take your time, Darkling."

Giving up on his oblivious companion, the bird hopped closer to the doe, chirping entreaties.

Blinded By Silence
I'm so sorry! QAQ

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Mimi gave a chuckling sound and trilled back to the bird in tones suggesting patience with the pretty bird's master. Darkling. Such a beautiful name. She hoped that one day she would have birds as beautiful as this. She watched with wistful eyes as the buck nestled himself in the grass. A deep sense on longing echoed in her heart. Oh how badly she wanted to just sit there next to him, this stranger she knew nothing of, not even a name, and just talk. She deflated visibly and made a sad mewling to the bird. The poor doe was lost. The doe of a thousand voices, yet never had her own. Darkling roused her from her depressed wanderings with another song. Biting her lip, Mimi thought, well, maybe she could try?

And so, after a few long moments, she did sit down. Not too close, but enough for him to know she was there and was directing her sounds to him. She inhaled deeply and then tried her very best.

"Mimi! Mi Mii! Criii!" Her name came out as a quick, high call and ended in the scree of a eagle. This combination of sounds was strange and didn't flow well together, but it was the closest she could get. She looked down, hiding behind her mane, waiting for a response, if he could even understand her, that is.

Jun D
*dies. just. dies*

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces