Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Cooking, Baking & Nomming
Learning to Cook. Chapter 1

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can YOU cook?
  Yup
  Nope
  Does cereal count?
View Results

cgirl360

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:15 pm
I suddenly feel the need to learn... When I'm older, I wanna be a mom who might not cook all the time, but my children love it when I do. I'm always hearing about how my friends love their parents' cooking and how their mom makes the best something. I want that. Not only that, but I like the thought of working hard to produce something people enjoy... sooo...

Any tips? Suggesions on beginner recipies? (My cooking experience is macaronni, eggs and bacon, microwavable things sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:59 pm
cookbooks
find something you want to eat and make it. for me, that's onigiri. bonito and nori is being annoying to find x.x
online cookbooks, especially those that can adjust serving sizes and the recipe accordingly
i've made some good stew out of a cookbook before. even my mom, who hates stew, liked it  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:46 pm
Just find something you might like and make it. : )
My boyfriend and I are always combined foods we like to make a dish. You'll be surprised what tastes good together sometimes.  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:03 pm
Basically just do it. When it comes to cooking recipes and such are easily found online now. Thing of something you would like to make, find a recipe, make it. And then when you consume it, consume it as your own critic, think...Was it cooked to long? (dry/burnt etc) did it have enough flavour (needs some spices), and just other general stuff like that.

Then feel free to share with us.

Of course sage can only cook when he has recipes, besides when he freestyles with a bunch of spicy stuff and mince (ground beef)  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:42 am
This is the best site ever for cooking, especially if you're kinda new.  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:19 am
GoldDiggingWhore
This is the best site ever for cooking, especially if you're kinda new.

LMAO.
Loving the title of the blog.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

colon bracket

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:46 pm
Damn, I love cooking. My mom always had us in the kitchen when we were little. We would measure ingredients, chop, dice, and stir whatever she would let us.

this site is great

and this one

this one too  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:30 pm
THANK YOU ALL THAT REPLYED blaugh I found the websites especially helpful. I can't wait to try some of those recipies... hopefully with someone expirenced near by... fire extinguishers might be helpful also :p  

cgirl360

Cooking, Baking & Nomming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff